Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Naysmith

Please, please leave.

Can't defend this shite any longer

This club is a fucking joke.

Re: Naysmith

^^^ agreeing with him^^^ fucking joke he needs to go

Give us all an early Christmas present Gary and resign please, you are never a football manager.

Utter pish, we'll be lucky to finish 9th.

Piss off now Naysmith before any more damage is done.

Hope the donkey reads this.

GO NAYSMITH. YOU ARE CLUELESS!

A really nice guy and is certainly trying but it is clear that this is not doing either party any good.

EastFife are not the club for Naismith, and Naismith not the manager for east fife.

New start required.

I'm struggling to answer these questions myself anyone else able to?

1. Why is Naismith still manager we haven't improved since the Forfar game getting worse every week.
2. Why doesn't coalon mcaleer get a game
3. Why does Scott smith get a game he's far too slow and over weight its ridiculous

Shut up

If you were lucky enough not to be there words cant describe how bad we were. We got a goal of a start then we were 2nd best for the next 85 minutes. Alan Fleming kept it from being 5 or 6 with 3 brilliant saves. Clyde were well worth their win. Our 5 man midfield allowed them the freedom of the park and we never won a tackle or header, and this left our 3 man defence exposed time and time again. Our front two in Mcshane and Fash never controlled the ball once or were able to hold the ball up. At least 6 passengers in that team today. On that display today major surgery is needed in the January window or we could see our once proud club spinning out of league football. If you want to make an excuse it was rumoured before hand that several players were suffering from a virus. It was clear at half time that the 352 wasn't working so why we didn't change things is any ones guess. Gutted to watch our team so easily swept aside by a team who had went 5 games without a win or a goal. There is just no width or any pace in the team and in all honesty our tactics are being exposed most weeks, when the opposition is direct and run at us, we are a poor 2nd.Hard to see how much will change without new faces, and different tactics are deployed.

The real people behind the downfall of this club are the insufferable arseholes who find the need to come on this forum and slag off the team, the manager or the board at every single opportunity. Prior to this, you find the same "supporters" generating the worst atmosphere I have ever encountered at a game of football in Scotland, sitting in silence for the majority of the game and only getting out their seats to shout abuse, which clearly influences the boys performances on the park. Have a look in the mirror and ask yourself "Did I really get behind my team today for the full 90 mins, encouraging them enough to go win that game?" if the answer is no then you are just as culpable for what happens on the park in my opinion.

Get john mcglyn now.

Can we get some crowdfunding going to buy out his contract.

That's my first game in a few weeks and I have to say it was shocking. No tactics at all and this against a Clyde team who'd lost 5 in a row without scoring a goal. I've backed the manager since day 1 but that was abysmal. Do t know if it's the manager or EF in general but something has to change.

Yours losing interest

Doug Pirie

The harsh truth is that Gary Naysmith is not ready for management. It is the same situation we had with Stevie Crawford. An experienced pro, who happened to be at the club when the manager's job became available. Craw held his hands up and passed on the job, while remaining as a player. He went on to work with Alex Smith and Pressley at Falkirk, and is now heading back to the top with Hearts.
Naysmith might have to take a step back to move his career forward.

Benitez
The real people behind the downfall of this club are the insufferable arseholes who find the need to come on this forum and slag off the team, the manager or the board at every single opportunity. Prior to this, you find the same "supporters" generating the worst atmosphere I have ever encountered at a game of football in Scotland, sitting in silence for the majority of the game and only getting out their seats to shout abuse, which clearly influences the boys performances on the park. Have a look in the mirror and ask yourself "Did I really get behind my team today for the full 90 mins, encouraging them enough to go win that game?" if the answer is no then you are just as culpable for what happens on the park in my opinion.

What a bloody insult to the supporters who fork out money, week in, week out to support East Fife. You should be ashamed of yourself in making a comment like that. I went today and financially it was a struggle but I cannot now justify paying money to watch such garbage. Clyde have been awful for the last 5 games and 3-1 flattered US!!

Your pathetic post in my opinion is as bad as that display today. Shame on you.

Honest interview from Gary Naysmith, not good enough from certain players, individual errors, still think play is so slow & players need to increase workrate. As already said Clyde were on a bad run, we score first & then basically give up!! Not what a Professional footballer is paid for, saying that we'll probably beat Arbroath on Saturday as we're so unpredictable just now but Good Luck to the team, I'll still be there supporting them!!

Benitez
Do you require medical treatment? Hope you're ok....

Sadly even replacing the manager will not change on thing at East Fife.

We've been completely run into the ground by muppets for years now. There's no way back from this I'm afraid.

Ralf Wiggum

We've been completely run into the ground by muppets for years now. There's no way back from this I'm afraid.

Have to agree I`m afraid.
Another pathetic Naysmith video on Pie & Bovril. Can't take any more of this so tearing up my season ticket.

Done with this club.

Cheerio from me.

Ralf Wiggum

The forum is up for renewal and with all the shit that's being going on with posts the last few weeks, it's giving us a few things to think about.

Sadly it would appear that aspects of the forum seem to be mirroring aspects of society and people can't have a sensible discussions any more without reverting to 10 year olds.

Deleted a pile of posts, but if you want the forum to continue, the childish bickering HAS to stop. Which is interesting when checking some of the posters and being able to tie up previous posts, because some people may not want the forum to continue and would be glad to destabilise it and see the back of it.

The club really is close to being no more as far as I can see, and when serious questions are being raised in the AGM thread, it becomes a kids name calling thread, deflecting from the serious questions that need to be asked.

Correct me if I am wrong, but accusing people of being 'muppets' is childish name calling? Maybe you are a child of course?

It is the same old excuses from the manager. Individual errors. How often have we heard this? Brechin Forfar Arbroath Stenhousemuir Cowdenbeath Stranraer Albion Rovers etc. How the hell have we been allowed to fall below them?

Reminder!
Ralf Wiggum

The forum is up for renewal and with all the shit that's being going on with posts the last few weeks, it's giving us a few things to think about.

Sadly it would appear that aspects of the forum seem to be mirroring aspects of society and people can't have a sensible discussions any more without reverting to 10 year olds.

Deleted a pile of posts, but if you want the forum to continue, the childish bickering HAS to stop. Which is interesting when checking some of the posters and being able to tie up previous posts, because some people may not want the forum to continue and would be glad to destabilise it and see the back of it.

The club really is close to being no more as far as I can see, and when serious questions are being raised in the AGM thread, it becomes a kids name calling thread, deflecting from the serious questions that need to be asked.

Correct me if I am wrong, but accusing people of being 'muppets' is childish name calling? Maybe you are a child of course?
It's an anonymous forum, if people can't handle being called a muppet they should steer clear. Sticks and stones and all that ffs!

Reminder!
Ralf Wiggum

Ok maybe not muppets. How about total incompetents?

And I think you are wrong. Calling people muppets is possibly childish but if you're going to get upset over the use of such a mild term then perhaps closing the forum down might be the best option. Frankly the people running the club should be thankful they are only being called muppets. That's getting off lightly if you ask me.

DPH
Reminder!
Ralf Wiggum

It's an anonymous forum, if people can't handle being called a muppet they should steer clear. Sticks and stones and all that ffs!

So, you won't mind me calling you a fuckin idiot then? In fact, I'll go one further and say you are as thick as mince and a total numpty, withoot a brain. I applaud you for being THICK skinned however.

Miss Piggy
Reminder!
Ralf Wiggum

And I think you are wrong. Calling people muppets is possibly childish but if you're going to get upset over the use of such a mild term then perhaps closing the forum down might be the best option. Frankly the people running the club should be thankful they are only being called muppets. That's getting off lightly if you ask me.

I'm not getting upset, just reminding the dafty about GoF's post about the forum. It wouldn't be so bad, if the people doing the name calling could take it back, but they can't and that is what led to GoF's intervention last week. These guys will never learn, because truth be told, forums like this are the only place they can get away with their name calling and childish rants, like yourself. The terms muppet and incompetents, is in fact saying more about the persons who post them, than who it was directed at.

See Exile is back.

Sad little man.

Anyway, best thing that could happen to this forum is change to pre registration. Same as P&B. 1 username.
Either that or shut it down.
Stops idiots like cockldooodle sad sacks.

And muppets? Ffs hardly offensive is it.

jeek
See Exile is back.

Sad little man.

Anyway, best thing that could happen to this forum is change to pre registration. Same as P&B. 1 username.

And knobs like Jeek the COCK!

Cock-a-doodle-doo
DPH
Reminder!
Ralf Wiggum

So, you won't mind me calling you a fuckin idiot then? In fact, I'll go one further and say you are as thick as mince and a total numpty, withoot a brain. I applaud you for being THICK skinned however.
Thank you. I'm glad you agree with me. It's a man's world.

DPH
Cock-a-doodle-doo
DPH
Reminder!
Ralf Wiggum

Thank you. I'm glad you agree with me. It's a man's world.

Well, thank you ever so kindly for being so civilised.

Cock-a-doodle-doo
jeek
See Exile is back.

Sad little man.

And knobs like Jeek the COCK!
I

You are clearly very young. I'm guessing around 14 at most. Probably from a deprived household and failing at school.

I feel sorry for you more than anything else.

Your future is bleak.

Naysmith has to go hopefully he walks away but he said he won't and that sucks

Reminder!
Miss Piggy
Reminder!
Ralf Wiggum

I'm not getting upset, just reminding the dafty about GoF's post about the forum. It wouldn't be so bad, if the people doing the name calling could take it back, but they can't and that is what led to GoF's intervention last week. These guys will never learn, because truth be told, forums like this are the only place they can get away with their name calling and childish rants, like yourself. The terms muppet and incompetents, is in fact saying more about the persons who post them, than who it was directed at.

Fair enough but how would you describe the performance of the people that have run East Fife over recent years? Howe about the performances of the manager and the players? Are you happy with how things are going?

Reminder!
Ralf Wiggum

Cheers for that. I'm not sure if me using the term 'muppet' is anywhere near the top of the list of problems facing the club and the few remaining fans though.

Past caring though, if I'm being honest...

Ralf Wiggum
Reminder!
Ralf Wiggum

Cheers for that. I'm not sure if me using the term 'muppet' is anywhere near the top of the list of problems facing the club and the few remaining fans though.

The team are to blame for the results, not the people running the club, so your original post is out of order. You have used the poor result on the park, to have another go at the directors. Do you think money has not been made available to get better players? The players we have signed are supposed to be those better players and was the general consensus on this forum when most of them were signed and also in previous seasons. To blame the board directors who run the club for the team performances, is plainly wrong.

I don't get wound up about results or the manager any more. They are just the consequences of the state the club is in.
We dropped a league and we can't compete there either. Nothing will improve until change at the top dictates so.
The directors are East Fife men and have good intentions, but look at where we are and what our prospects are. We need a different approach. The directors will not agree with this because they believe that by putting money in they have earned the right to do things their way. If only it was that easy. If only putting money into a company bought you wisdom.
There is sympathy for the directors but sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind. The club is withering away. Good luck to the Trust, they offer real hope and a better future.

If only dreamers could explain the wisdom they speak of? What is this correct 'way'? What is this hope that the Trust can provide with no money?

The manager prepares and picks the team and yes, the players have to go out and perform which they are patently not doing as well as they should. But who appointed that manager? Santa Claus?

East Fife are in the business of running a football club and to say that that those at the top of the organisation are somehow not responsible for the clubs lamentable performances in recent years is laughable. You can't always blame it on the workers you know. As in any poorly performing organisation the buck ultimately stops at the top.

Unless Mr Reminder! you think we are not performing poorly?

Reminder!
Ralf Wiggum
Reminder!
Ralf Wiggum

The team are to blame for the results, not the people running the club, so your original post is out of order. You have used the poor result on the park, to have another go at the directors. Do you think money has not been made available to get better players? The players we have signed are supposed to be those better players and was the general consensus on this forum when most of them were signed and also in previous seasons. To blame the board directors who run the club for the team performances, is plainly wrong.

I think you'll find that I had a go at those who have run the club into the ground (and looking at where we are now in terms of league status, financial stability, support size, and quality on the park I'd challenge you to deny that) for more or less two decades now. There is a long legacy of failure, mismanagement, crisis, and conflict, and a long list of names of those responsible.

Bar one or two seasons since the mid 90s we have been an absolute laughing stock in Scottish football. I honestly wish it was simply a case of a poor manager and a group of players that either weren't very good or weren't trying very hard. You can rectify that by making sweeping changes each year in the dugout and on the park.

But we all know that won't change anything. Something is badly wrong with the club and it has been this way for years. It can't be a nice place to work, or play. It certainly isn't a nice place to go and watch football.

But if your biggest issue is use of the word 'muppet' then you must be far happier with this sorry mess than the rest of us.

Fuck of back along the road then .you only came to this club when willie gray was here .iv seen you with a Rovers scarf around your neck .

Ralf Wiggum
Reminder!
Ralf Wiggum
Reminder!
Ralf Wiggum

I think you'll find that I had a go at those who have run the club into the ground (and looking at where we are now in terms of league status, financial stability, support size, and quality on the park I'd challenge you to deny that) for more or less two decades now. There is a long legacy of failure, mismanagement, crisis, and conflict, and a long list of names of those responsible.

Bar one or two seasons since the mid 90s we have been an absolute laughing stock in Scottish football. I honestly wish it was simply a case of a poor manager and a group of players that either weren't very good or weren't trying very hard. You can rectify that by making sweeping changes each year in the dugout and on the park.

But we all know that won't change anything. Something is badly wrong with the club and it has been this way for years. It can't be a nice place to work, or play. It certainly isn't a nice place to go and watch football.

But if your biggest issue is use of the word 'muppet' then you must be far happier with this sorry mess than the rest of us.

What is badly wrong with the club?

Sorry, but you are simply someone who has an agenda to try and oust the current board. Your posts above says absolutely nothing on how it could be better. One thing that will make it better without doubt is more money, so where is that going to come from. Who is going to provide the money - YOU?

Reminder!
Ralf Wiggum
Reminder!
Ralf Wiggum
Reminder!
Ralf Wiggum

Sorry, but you are simply someone who has an agenda to try and oust the current board. Your posts above says absolutely nothing on how it could be better. One thing that will make it better without doubt is more money, so where is that going to come from. Who is going to provide the money - YOU?
Can we not use money that was made from the unexpected cup tie v The Rangers last season? Oh fuck, I forgot someone's awready had their paws in aboot that!

Let's just be truthful here
Manager sticking out saving face and leave at end of season just saying it ain't worked out
Board of old guys with not s football or business brain amongst them
Fan but out going knowhere not enough people interested
Arbroath cruising league full of managers rejects
Oh happy days at bayview got fans flocking out the gates
Please tell me this is not true somebody please

Gary Naysmith please leave.
You are a laughing stock.

Leave leave leave leave.. Please!

We all need to make protest broads and banners saying Naysmith Out, Taxi for Naysmith etc, they are not going to be made by themselves!

Don't know where we go from here ? The manager sign'd this dross and can't take us any further. Feel sorry for the young players having to play when they are not ready .

Naysmith will be sack some time this week if not its a joke

There can be no doubt the new board have a decision to make. Here we are at the half way point of the season with 5 wins, 5 draws, and 8 defeats, couple that with the poor style of football being served up, and it is hard to defend. In Garys defence the decision making and errors the players have made on an industrial scale, would have the best of managers fighting for their jobs. I would argue the biggest tactical mistake has been putting players in wide midfield areas with no pace. This has resulted in the midfield being far too deep and having no width. The rumour is we cant afford to put Gary on gardening leave, but with the trap door up for grabs in May, then I would say the financial fall out from losing our league status would be worse. Looking at his interview yesterday he knows the fans have turned, the million dollar question is how long would you give him to turn things around. The board have the power they were looking for so lets hope they come to the right decision very soon. These are big moments in the history of East Fife as what I have witnessed the last two weeks our league status is in jeopardy if things don't change one way or another.

Gary has had ample time to turn things round. He has been given the chance to build his own team and get them playing to the style he wants. Unfortunately we are going backwards instead of forward and this decline can't be allowed to continue much longer. His interviews are beginning to sound like a repeat of the previous week.
As a team they are failing to entertain and I we have hardly played well for 90 mins since he started as Manager. I had every confidence in him and was happy he got the job but it's got to the stage that people are voting with their feet and the club can't continue to lose fans who refuse to pay to watch absolute rubbish.

On current form, play offs are a distant hope and I doubt very much this bunch of players and Gary as Manager can lift us out of this mess.

Sadly, he has to go.

Wait a minute, I thought all our problems were Paul Hegarty's fault?

another fan

another mistake by the club to let go of when he had experience in coaching side to help Naysmith on and off the field now he had to relay on Dougie Anderson and things haven't improved even we got rid of the goalie coach westwood aswell. We are too good to blame each other and we are in the position we are in today as a club. Players let go and coaches let go too easy at this club and well done arbroath for slaughtering us like they did 5-1 with ex-players getting back at the club. We are now on our own unless we address this and make decision's that are right for the club.
The club ship appears to have gone bad to worse and we'll be lucky to escape bottom with the squad we have only Kevin Smith to relay on to get goals looking at the team if he is fit and others is fit and without players getting sent off we can beat montrose like we have shown we can do but still to find a win past Elgin which is embarrassing and on paper we should beat them easy if you cant win against some teams in this leauge we don't deserve to be challenging for play-offs and we are where we are. The club is going backwards than forwards, no ambition, no new investment people, no success and everyone blaming everyone at the club its like the dark ages of 2005 all over-again.

another fan

So did Zak.

zak

May 21, 2014 - 7:41PM

Quote Reply
Re: Paul Hegarty

I think you are right Paul hegarty is a wanker .Every team he has been involved with has been relegated he is pure garbage.

So here we are 3 days on from the latest on field shambles as we hurtle ever closer towards the Lowland league. Yet the manager remains in his post with the board seemingly blind to our plight and incapable or unwilling to make a decision on his future. Are they backing Naysmith or will they sack him? Will it take a defeat at Elgin for them to wake up to the situation or will there be total silence as usual?

Terracing Now!
So here we are 3 days on from the latest on field shambles as we hurtle ever closer towards the Lowland league. Yet the manager remains in his post with the board seemingly blind to our plight and incapable or unwilling to make a decision on his future. Are they backing Naysmith or will they sack him? Will it take a defeat at Elgin for them to wake up to the situation or will there be total silence as usual?

You assume that the board would then be capable of appointing a suitable replacement. Don't bank on it. It could only be someone down in his luck who would want to work for this lot.

If east fife had the money he wood have been away by now wait till tonight there might be news tonight just have to wait and see

John McGlynn is available and would provide plenty of experience and a decent track record. He would be a significant upgrade on Naysmith. But you're probably right, why would anyone want to work for us? Rookies are about it for us it seems.

I think tonight there will be big news at east fife

Colin h
I think tonight there will be big news at east fife

What is the source of your information Colin?

Terracing Now!
John McGlynn is available and would provide plenty of experience and a decent track record. He would be a significant upgrade on Naysmith. But you're probably right, why would anyone want to work for us? Rookies are about it for us it seems.

I'd say why would anyone want to play or work for our miserable fans? I could go back through AFTN and pick out the same posts from you lot about every single manager we have had since this site started. Even league winning and promotion winning managers did not escape the vitriol. Then there are the players who got lambasted.

About maybe getting page

Colin h
About maybe getting page

Sorry?

?
Terracing Now!

I'd say why would anyone want to play or work for our miserable fans? I could go back through AFTN and pick out the same posts from you lot about every single manager we have had since this site started. Even league winning and promotion winning managers did not escape the vitriol. Then there are the players who got lambasted.

I know. Great isn't it.
Maybe one day we`ll get a decent manager who can manage and sign decent players.

Colin h
About maybe getting page

Jonathan Page is 'big news'? Christ.

?
Terracing Now!

The lights are on but is anyone home?

Tell us how those managerial appointments got on after being sacked or jacking in East Fife?

That's right, maybe they were shite appointments who didn't go on to manage senior teams again. Good stuff the board. Pissing away thousands and hiring shite for years. Where did the Rangers cup and league money go again?

Greig McDonald is free maybe our former player is the answer and most of the supporters would agree he would be a decent appointment at the helm maybe not the experience type we would look for, might have not won leauge 2 with Stirling Albion but the team was promoted by beating us in the 2nd leg at Bayview last season after a rookie start the season before. Im sure he would want Marc McCulloch as number 2 and bring in Darren Smith to boost midfield increase our numbers in our squad.
Aswell we could go down the route and appoint a more experience manager that has been a manager like John McGlynn, Billy Reid, Jim Jeffries, Craig Brewster or Jimmy Calderwood its upto the board now to make that judgement.
We have seen rookie's appointed like B.Brown, Crawford, Willie A and now Naysmith and it suggest after we appointed Robbo and Baikie the club was getting somewhere and we do need to be looking at that than appointing a new Hartley type of person it doesn't work at east fife.

Todays courier reporting that Gary Naysmith has been backed by the East Fife board. Jim Stevenson says no plans to change manager, Gary is the man for the job. Jim says we have had bad luck with injuries and Gary is working very hard to get new players in during the transfer window. Well at least we know where we stand.

fan67
Todays courier reporting that Gary Naysmith has been backed by the East Fife board. Jim Stevenson says no plans to change manager, Gary is the man for the job. Jim says we have had bad luck with injuries and Gary is working very hard to get new players in during the transfer window. Well at least we know where we stand.

Good news. I think we should stick by Gary.

Not good what happings if elgin beat us I tell u this is crap news

The board are backing Gary as they can't afford to sack him and they can't afford to replace him with experienced manager. Nothing further to see here.

Aye, heaven forbid they let trust, loyalty and belief get in the way.

You mean they didn't have the balls to make the difficult and right decision.

Well he's got the vote of confidence now. What could possibly go wrong?

How about sticking by a young manager and giving him a few years to develop his skills instead of chopping and changing every 6 to 12 months?
Radical for some but sensible for others.

Die Hard
How about sticking by a young manager and giving him a few years to develop his skills instead of chopping and changing every 6 to 12 months?

It helps if the manager shows evidence of potential in the first couple of years of that journey. There has to be some sign of progress or improvement, however gradual.
We gave Gavin Murray something like six years. That worked out well, didn't it?

Naysmith should have been shown the door right after the stirling game.He had plenty time to get us out the mess we were in,and failed badly.The points swing between ourselves and Airdrie must have been around the 20 point mark.possibly more.Yet our then chairman ,kept him on.Just another blunder,one off many,he made on his watch.

Agree mate I am
Mad he's not been sack yet if we lose to Elgin he has to walk away I don't care gray just do us all east fife fans the right think and leave before we are bottom

I got an Enigma machine for Christmas and have entered into it, several of the above posts by the likes of Colin H etc, to try and decipher what they are actually saying, but it still comes out as pure shite and still completely undecipherable!

Reminder!

- pish team on the park
- struggling in the bottom division - the worst bottom division there has ever been
- fan confidence at an all time low
- fan apathy at an all time high
- fan numbers dwindling
- debt
- neglectful profiteering owner
- the board who have neither the finances, ability nor desire to change things.

Reminder!

Are YOU providing the money ..... really......really???? Show me the 25K that you claim to have paid. I call bull on that. Takeover indeed.

The agenda (shared by most fans) is to see a better east fife. Those on the board do not appear to be offering that.

fifer
Die Hard

It helps if the manager shows evidence of potential in the first couple of years of that journey. There has to be some sign of progress or improvement, however gradual.
We gave Gavin Murray something like six years. That worked out well, didn't it?

Greig Macdonald had a good start, showed potential and even got his team promoted. Tell me how he got on after that? You're argument holds no water and you simply cannot judge a manager based on his first season of management. In Greig's case, maybe he should have been given more time, even in his second season. It's not as if his successor has changed things, is it?

Claude_Cecil_Garfield
Reminder!

- pish team on the park
- struggling in the bottom division - the worst bottom division there has ever been
- fan numbers dwindling
- debt

Reminder!

Are YOU providing the money ..... really......really???? Show me the 25K that you claim to have paid. I call bull on that. Takeover indeed.

The agenda (shared by most fans) is to see a better east fife. Those on the board do not appear to be offering that.

You really have an imaginative mind, don't you? How many people are on the board? It must be something like double figures going by your posts to various people? As has been said before by others, when your argument is exposed as rubbish without foundation, you use the same old boring comeback of accusing everybody of being a board member.

Claude_Cecil_Garfield
Reminder!

- pish team on the park
- fan numbers dwindling
- debt

Reminder!

As I posted on another thread -

What is your answer my friend? If you tell me estate agents, financial advisers, bankers and various other financial sorts in our midst are the answer, then the club is surely doomed. The reason? Because these people are the type who make their money at others expense and put zilch in themselves. They would be in it for what they can get out of it and if that means closing the club down and selling the assets, that is exactly what they would do. I would much rather we are run by true supporters of the club who have put their own money on the line. I would urge all supporters of the club to think really hard about their own financial situations and ask themselves, WHO IS MAKING MONEY OUT OF MY MONEY, before they get conned into providing money for these so called experts to abuse.

Anyway NC, what is your grand plan? Are you any of these types above perchance? What is your line of work?

So NC, Claude etc, Ralf and so on, what do you do for a living? Estate agent by any chance? WHAT IS YOUR GRAND PLAN?

My grand plan would be to eradicate your kind of mentality and introduce a way of thinking that takes us beyond the misconception that only the people who are on the board at the moment are capable of running the club.
That would be a start.

fed up fan
My grand plan would be to eradicate your kind of mentality and introduce a way of thinking that takes us beyond the misconception that only the people who are on the board at the moment are capable of running the club.
That would be a start.

WOW! You have a great plan indeed. The most surprising thing about your post is that you managed to spell misconception correctly!

How do you propose to implement your well thought out and innovative plan and get us up the league?

fed up fan
That would be a start.

^ This

Claude_Cecil_Garfield
fed up fan
That would be a start.

^ This

^ Poor deluded fool.

fed up fan
That would be a start.

Haha top marks that man.

You could always do what i chose to do and walk away.
My Saturdays are now spent jumping on the train and going to see the Hearts. Great day out and wish i had done it years ago!
Only 30 mins in the train, great pub outside station and a 10 min walk to the magnificent Tynecastle stadium.
Makes you realise just how small and shite East Fife FC have become.

Thanks Lee Murray. You were the final straw and a guiser if ever there was one.

Mon the Jambos

East Fife no more
fed up fan
That would be a start.

Haha top marks that man.

My Saturdays are now spent jumping on the train and going to see the Hearts. Great day out and wish i had done it years ago!
Only 30 mins in the train, great pub outside station and a 10 min walk to the magnificent Tynecastle stadium.

Mon the Jambos

Enjoy your time watching the satsumas. I'll stick with my local team for better or worse pal.

?

What is your answer my friend? If you tell me estate agents, financial advisers, bankers and various other financial sorts in our midst are the answer, then the club is surely doomed. The reason? Because these people are the type who make their money at others expense and put zilch in themselves. They would be in it for what they can get out of it and if that means closing the club down and selling the assets, that is exactly what they would do. I would much rather we are run by true supporters of the club who have put their own money on the line. I would urge all supporters of the club to think really hard about their own financial situations and ask themselves, WHO IS MAKING MONEY OUT OF MY MONEY, before they get conned into providing money for these so called experts to abuse.

Anyway NC, what is your grand plan? Are you any of these types above perchance? What is your line of work?

So NC, Claude etc, Ralf and so on, what do you do for a living? Estate agent by any chance? WHAT IS YOUR GRAND PLAN?

Yes you did say that in another thread "?", can I call you "?"?

Only it wasn't "?" who said it, it was "Ringo", remember him "?" ? it was way back in the "Takeover Agreement" Thread in case you don't.

I think having all these personas is starting to get to you, at the very least have the common decency to remember which of your various nom de plume's writes what! It might give your assorted posts the semblancee of at least being written by different people, instead of the deluded ramblings of a madman so out of touch with public opinion it isn't even funny anymore!

I smell John.

Hiya John. Hiya pal

East Fife no more
fed up fan
That would be a start.

Haha top marks that man.

Mon the Jambos

Another club who has shafted the community and local businesses out of money.

FFS
?

Yes you did say that in another thread "?", can I call you "?"?

Only it wasn't "?" who said it, it was "Ringo", remember him "?" ? it was way back in the "Takeover Agreement" Thread in case you don't.

I think having all these personas is starting to get to you, at the very least have the common decency to remember which of your various nom de plume's writes what! It might give your assorted posts the semblancee of at least being written by different people, instead of the deluded ramblings of a madman so out of touch with public opinion it isn't even funny anymore!

Check the Arbroath thread my friend, before you start accusing me of being someone else. Some mothers do have them, don't they?

?

Check the Arbroath thread my friend, before you start accusing me of being someone else. Some mothers do have them, don't they?

I could probably check about another half a dozen threads and find you wittering on about Estate Agents or Financial Advisors, you're like a stuck record no matter what alias you use, thats why you're so easy to out Jocky, and please spare us the pish about your 47 workmates who all use your works PC.

As for some mothers do have them, well it's a pity yours did, tell us Ringo is it true that if she hadn't been home early from the bingo that night, you could have been Scotland's first astronaut?

FFS
?

I could probably check about another half a dozen threads and find you wittering on about Estate Agents or Financial Advisors, you're like a stuck record no matter what alias you use, thats why you're so easy to out Jocky, and please spare us the pish about your 47 workmates who all use your works PC.

As for some mothers do have them, well it's a pity yours did, tell us Ringo is it true that if she hadn't been home early from the bingo that night, you could have been Scotland's first astronaut?

😂

FFS
?

It's quite simple, just go through the half dozen threads and post them. I will maybe then do the same and find hundreds of posts by different usernames saying much the same things as you do, you absolute numpty! Your own record has been stuck for a long, long time SPF. And another thing Grant.....

Irrespective of the above pish you chose to post, the fact remains that you have absolutely nothing good to say about East Fife. You continually criticise everything about the club. Not one good word do you have to say. How can you possibly say you are a supporter if you don't like East Fife FC, which is the only impression you put out on this forum?

Doesn't change the fact that we're stuck with a board that's not up to it.

Jack
Doesn't change the fact that we're stuck with a board that's not up to it.

As a matter of interest who would you replace them with, bearing in mind it would have to be persons who have a plan to get us to the end of the season safely.

An Observer.
As a matter of interest who would you replace them with, bearing in mind it would have to be persons who have a plan to get us to the end of the season safely.

People with ability don't need 'plans'.

Jack
An Observer.

So who exactly are you talking about?

Not you.

Stupid boy.

?
FFS
?

It's quite simple, just go through the half dozen threads and post them. I will maybe then do the same and find hundreds of posts by different usernames saying much the same things as you do, you absolute numpty! Your own record has been stuck for a long, long time SPF. And another thing Grant.....

Irrespective of the above pish you chose to post, the fact remains that you have absolutely nothing good to say about East Fife. You continually criticise everything about the club. Not one good word do you have to say. How can you possibly say you are a supporter if you don't like East Fife FC, which is the only impression you put out on this forum?

John - whoever FFS is you might have caused great offence to them my mistakenly saying they are me.

Yet more infantile shite from a not too intelligent delinquent.

It is plain to see why we shouldn't take much notice of the bile spouted on this site. All the negative posts are just that - negative. No substance in any of the posts that Jack and his pals make, only negativity that they make up in their tiny heads.

There is an opportunity for the fans to really be involved with the club's future, but they cannot do it alone. The sensible option is to get fans who are able to invest the money needed, which includes the fans who are currently directors. Too many forget the club still needs running in these difficult times, but Jack and his cohorts are unable to understand that and just see this forum as somewhere to have a laugh at the club's current predicament.

Claude_Cecil_Garfield
?
FFS
?

John - whoever FFS is you might have caused great offence to them my mistakenly saying they are me.

FFS - whoever John is, you HAVE caused great offence by insisting on calling me John, when my name is ?.

Yeah but I've confirmed my name is Grant Malcolm.

Whereas you won't confirm your name..... wonder why....

Instead of all the infighting, how about just turning up and supporting the team?

?

?

Jack
Not you.

Stupid boy.

Now Jack you are being the stupid boy. Answer this perfectly legitimate question. Who do you have in mind to run the club in place of the present board of old farts. If the club is in the financial mess we all think it is, where out there is the money to run the club. I assume you were one of the guys wetting yourselves when the takeover came before the start of last season, what does that say about your decision making / due diligence. I am no fan of the present board but they are keeping us afloat at present and I cannot see anyone else on the horizon. You cannot keep slagging them without an alternative. What is your answer to the initial question?

?
There is an opportunity for the fans to really be involved with the club's future, but they cannot do it alone. The sensible option is to get fans who are able to invest the money needed, which includes the fans who are currently directors. Too many forget the club still needs running in these difficult times, but Jack and his cohorts are unable to understand that and just see this forum as somewhere to have a laugh at the club's current predicament.

The sensible solution to this mess is to produce facts and figures. That is the only starting point.

?
Yet more infantile shite from a not too intelligent delinquent.

It is plain to see why we shouldn't take much notice of the bile spouted on this site. All the negative posts are just that - negative. No substance in any of the posts that Jack and his pals make, only negativity that they make up in their tiny heads.

There is an opportunity for the fans to really be involved with the club's future, but they cannot do it alone. The sensible optiont fans who are able to invest the money needed, which includes the fans who are currently directors. Too many forget the club still needs running in these difficult times, but Jack and his cohorts are unable to understand that and just see this forum as somewhere to have a laugh at the club's current predicament.

The current directors have had many years on the board to make a difference, or show us what they are capable of. Take a look at the club today. Broke, and broken. By definition, that is a negative situation. It is not a negative opinion. It is where we are today. I would like nothing more than to have something positive to say about East Fife. To be proud of the club. To celebrate the club's good days, and to vow to bounce back when we suffer a setback. There is not much positive to say at the moment, and it has been that way for some time.
A fresh start would make me feel more positive overnight. Instead we face more of the same old same old.
If it makes you happier '?' I will apologise for recognising the negative situation East Fife are in, but I cannot change he reality.

?
FFS
?

Think you're getting rattled Dearyme?

It's bad enough reading your assorted pish once but to suffer it again voluntarily is a step too far to ask of anyone, especially when it would be only to prove a point that everybody and their dog knows to be true anyway, a bit like your own existance it would be pointless Jocky!

I also notice that you think that I am both Grant and SPF, both completely separate people by the way, people known to a good majority of fans as well, this is probably another example of how rattled you are becoming Ringo!

I also couldn't help but notice that once again you bring up SPF into the conversation at the drop of a hat, a guy who hasn't posted on this site for nearly 2 years, hhhmmm food for thought there Ian don't you think?

Yes, definitely rattled!!!

Jack
An Observer.

Jack, Answer the question, who are the people you have in mind to run the club. All these smart arses who do not need plans. I am no lover of the old farts on the board but they are keeping the club afloat at present, you on the other hand are talking utter shite that you cannot back up. Who are these people, tell us all. Were they at our meeting tonight because I sure as hell didn't see them anywhere. Let us know their names and we can judge for ourselves.

Jack
An Observer.

Jack, Answer the question, who are the people you have in mind to run the club. All these smart arses who do not need plans. I am no lover of the old farts on the board but they are keeping the club afloat at present, you on the other hand are talking utter shite that you cannot back up. Who are these people, tell us all. Were they at our meeting tonight because I sure as hell didn't see them anywhere.

The way forward is this.

1) Gang Of 4 drop their "takeover/rental"
2) Gang Of 4 (or whoever owner decides) run club on interim basis while buyer is sought.
3) All interested parties (including those in the Gang of 4) work together under the umbrella of EFSS. The collaboration is to achieve:
a) business plan on how to run the club once ownership achieved
b) strategy on how to achieve ownership (including the type of ownership model that is agreeable to all)

Unless the Trust, Supporters club and Gang Of 4 can work out a joint approach that is satisfactory to most of the supporters there is no way forward.

Step 1 is with the Gang Of 4. The longer they pursue this takeover (which does not have the backing of the supporters) the more damage they are doing to the club and the more distance they put between themselves and the support. There will come a point that this distance will be too great to ever be reconciled, or the damage too great to repair.

Note - the interim running of the club is merely to keep things ticking over and maintain the status quo. Improving the business, tackling the debt, bowing to the owner's demand in not on the agenda during this interim period. Very much a hands off approach. If things get worse during this interim period then so be it. The owner then has a choice ..... find a new interim board, take the deal from the EFSS, lose everything when the debts are called in.

Change needs to happen. The Gang of 4 "takeover....rental" is in fact blockage to change and unfortunately keeps us on the same path.