Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Arbroath game

Just started this to see if anybody was interested in commenting on next game?
Need a reaction after last week. Beat them last time out.
Any chance of a repeat?

Re: Arbroath game

We're well capable of beating Arbroath if we play to our best but our home form has to improve!! I was at Arbroath last time & we played well, hoping for a repeat!! 😊

We'll get humped cause naysmith will be playin for a draw lol

Away win. No doubt about it. Merry Christmas everyone.

Haven't been back to Bayview this season. Not missed it in the slightest.
Become an utter joke of a club and unsurprising to see the current state of affairs.

Fucking crooks and charlatans the lot of them.

Clueless Naysmith 0-4 Arbroath

Mr Angry
Become an utter joke of a club and unsurprising to see the current state of affairs.

Hmmm if you haven't missed it in the slightest
Why even post or care about the score.

Just don't post cause ur obviously not missed.

Me realist
Mr Angry

Obviously he is missed though! Like the rest of the stay away fans.

Me realist
Mr Angry

Because I do miss it you feckin idiot.
I miss going to a game where I`m proud of my team and my club.
Haven`t experienced that in a long time, hence why I stopped going.
Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see a board committed to delivering the best and a manager who knew what he was doing.
We sadly have none of that.

Hmmm the rest of us stay away fans,that
makes 2 of you.

Do you know dozens of fans that stay away
I think not.

Do not class yourselves as the majority cause
your not.

Never heard of a stay away supporter before
but carry on if it makes you feel better.
For myself I think I'll keep on supporting my
club through thick and thin and show I want
a club in my area.

Me realist
makes 2 of you.

I think not.

your not.

a club in my area.

Aye, attendances are up on last season aren't they?
No, wait a minute they are on par.

Nope, guess they are down then.

Here lies your answer Me Realist.

Maybe should change your name to Me Just Stupid.

No sorry mate you don't know me and a
statement like calling me stupid is exactly
the sort of thing gof is getting peeed off about.

As soon as a debate starts on this forum if
certain people dont like what you post they
resort to childish name calling just like you
done right there.

iam a supporter always was always will be
what you guys post about not going back,well
thats up to you but I have gone for many many
years as did my dad before me it's in the blood
iam loyal to my club not stupid to it.

Me Realist - Well said mate. I'm with you on this one. Real supporters stick by their team through thick and thin. Won't stop going.

Me realist
No sorry mate you don't know me and a
statement like calling me stupid is exactly
the sort of thing gof is getting peeed off about.

As soon as a debate starts on this forum if
certain people dont like what you post they
resort to childish name calling just like you
done right there.

iam a supporter always was always will be
what you guys post about not going back,well
thats up to you but I have gone for many many
years as did my dad before me it's in the blood
iam loyal to my club not stupid to it.

i doubt very much anyone will get peed off about being called stupid mate.
Take a chill pill and have a great Christmas.

Best wishes

Arbroath red hot favourites but, who knows for certain?
Mr Angry.....feel your pain. No doubt....and no disrespect. Everyone has a different breaking point. You will come back and you know it. Not sure when though?

BTW...Merry Christmas to you lot!

Too many ex-players against a on and off east fife team. Players at arbroath like McManus, linn, Mcbride, stoney and the goalie Morrison we had a few years back if he's still with them will hoping to come to bayview and score against a poor east fife team and we still can't beat Elgin or Annan but we will just have to wait what east fife side turns up and if we have enough players fit.
I had a look at last week's line up it appeared that we had fewer subs than Clyde and subs were youngsters apart from Kev Smith & McAleer(which is bizzare why McAleer doesn't get a game?) I think we need strengthen next month don't we? Good luck to the team on saturday though.

Same to you all, Have a merry xmas to all
east fife supporters.

Lets be honest we have no chance, zero chance, nada chance. Why? because we are devoid of creativity, passion, tenacity and lets be honest pride in wearing the famous black and gold. My message to all players turn up, play for the jersey or take a hike in the new year! Merry Xmas

A win for the Fife see you all on Saturday.ye ha Merry CChristmas to all.xx

Me realist
makes 2 of you.

I think not.

your not.

a club in my area.

Unfortunate as it is, I know of more effc fans that no longer go, than those who do. The sad thing is these folks miss watching the fife but can no longer stomach what has became of this club. A wee bit hope last season and I was struggling to get seat. Loads o auld faces back supporting ...bar was buzzing each week ..Game against Montrose almost whole of section J was empty. I have never seen a leauge game so poorly attended by the home fans at bayview . Total die-hards nowhere to be seen ....

Dougie Hope
Me realist
makes 2 of you.

I think not.

your not.

a club in my area.

Unfortunate as it is, I know of more effc fans that no longer go, than those who do. The sad thing is these folks miss watching the fife but can no longer stomach what has became of this club. A wee bit hope last season and I was struggling to get seat. Loads o auld faces back supporting ...bar was buzzing each week ..Game against Montrose almost whole of section J was empty. I have never seen a leauge game so poorly attended by the home fans at bayview . Total die-hards nowhere to be seen ....

Sorry, you cannot call them diehards mate.

Mr Angry

Great fuckin' fan you are.

Hopefully the fans will get right behind the team against Arbroath tomorrow, hoping for a Victory again!!

Eveyone get to the back of the stand and get the vocal suppor on the go, Mon the fife

decorum
Mr Angry

Great fuckin' fan you are.

One of our "diehards" Mr Angry is. That's the real joke!

You can't blame supporters for not going! The football has been brutal and far from value for money. I'm going today, only my 2nd home game of the season. Surely we can't be as bad as reports would suggest. I just hope we put in a decent performance and make me want to come back more often. Good luck to team today, we will need it.

DPH
You can't blame supporters for not going! The football has been brutal and far from value for money. I'm going today, only my 2nd home game of the season. Surely we can't be as bad as reports would suggest. I just hope we put in a decent performance and make me want to come back more often. Good luck to team today, we will need it.

That's fine mate, but don't call yourselves diehards.

For crying out loud, please, please refrain from the "I'm a better EF fan than you..." comments. Every EF fan has the right to decide whether or not to turn up to a game.

E.Fifefan
DPH

Where did I say I was a diehard? I used to go to every game home and away but not anymore as my circumstances have changed. What's yer problem?

Will there be a pitch inspection today? I can't see nothing on official website.

No pitch inspection on twitter!!

DPH
E.Fifefan
DPH

Where did I say I was a diehard? I used to go to every game home and away but not anymore as my circumstances have changed. What's yer problem?

You were defending someone who stated he hasn't been to a game all season and calls himself a diehard. You have only been to 2 home games yourself. Okay, you didn't say you were a diehard, so I believe you.

effc
For crying out loud, please, please refrain from the "I'm a better EF fan than you..." comments. Every EF fan has the right to decide whether or not to turn up to a game.

Are you for real? Dougie H stated many diehards have stopped going. How can they be diehards if they don't go to games??

I never said I was a better fan than anybody else, so stop twisting it.

I thought that all the bickering and bitching was going to stop,that's why a lot of fans don't bother coming on here,I don't bother coming on here very often now .game is on after an early inspection.

E.Fifefan
effc

Are you for real? Mr Angry stated he was a diehard along with many of his co-diehards who have stopped going. How can you be a diehard if you don't go to games??

Where did Mr Angry say he was a diehard?

the reel diehards are the ultras we go to most games an sing
sumtimes we bang oor drum and jump up and down

we are the reel diehards mate weeve been going to the games for a whol seeson and that makes us reel diehard fans..
i smoke so im hard to

weeeeee are the ultras so dont messssssssss

Jeek
E.Fifefan
effc

Are you for real? Mr Angry stated he was a diehard along with many of his co-diehards who have stopped going. How can you be a diehard if you don't go to games??

Post corrected!

E.Fifefan
Jeek
E.Fifefan
effc

Post corrected!

GOOD!

Mr Angry probably is/was a diehard. Typical of the dwindling support due to a shambles both on and off the park.
The club needs ALL fans but you can hardly blame people for deciding enough is enough. That`s their choice and good luck to them.

Jeek
E.Fifefan
Jeek
E.Fifefan
effc

Post corrected!

GOOD!

Mr Angry probably is/was a diehard. Typical of the dwindling support due to a shambles both on and off the park.
The club needs ALL fans but you can hardly blame people for deciding enough is enough. That`s their choice and good luck to them.

If they have lost interest, then why come on here and berate everything when they haven't even been at a game? Why the need for him to do that?

Analyse his post. What do you think it says about him? Name calling that GOF was hoping to see stopping. He doesn't even respect that.

Mr Angry -

He`s only stating what he and a lot of others think about the current state of affairs. Its called an opinion and that is his. One of the benefits of living in a democracy.

As for the name calling i hardly think "crooks and charlatans" amounts to libel and i doubt the courts would be interested. You must lead a very sheltered life Mr E.Fifefan.

By all means feel free to carry on though if it makes you feel better

ps
I`m not going today either. Its way too cold and we`ll get thrashed.
Plus the telly is looking quite good.
Feel free to have a go though.

Pretty simple really... they never missed a game for years ..... going each week and many years of torture but these guys have finally died as supporters now was hard work but it's done now..... Loads o them pal . Like I say I can name more guys who don't go than those who do . Open your eyes at bayview look around nae cunt is there .....What was the figure for season tickets sold this season ? We gave 200 to the bairns eh ? Would I be right in saying that the attendance at home is actually lower than season tickets issued ?

Amazing the amount of 'fans' coming on this site stating they won't be going and won't be back, haven't been at a game etc, etc, yet speaking like they have watched every game and know everything about East Fife?? Strange lot if you ask me! Just trolls obviously (and experts in law).

E.Fifefan
Amazing the amount of 'fans' coming on this site stating they won't be going and won't be back, haven't been at a game etc, etc, yet speaking like they have watched every game and know everything about East Fife?? Strange lot if you ask me! Just trolls obviously (and experts in law).

Yeah yeah mate. Keep it up. Call everybody trolls and falsely accusing them of saying they are diehards.
Only troll on here is you.

Come back when you grow hair on your balls and have been to as many games as me.
30+ seasons.

Jeek
E.Fifefan

Yeah yeah mate. Keep it up. Call everybody trolls and falsely accusing them of saying they are diehards.

Come back when you grow hair on your balls and have been to as many games as me.
30+ seasons.

60+ seasons. Not that it matters.

E.Fifefan
Jeek
E.Fifefan

30+ seasons.

Get him tell't baldy balls

Die Hard
E.Fifefan
Jeek
E.Fifefan

30+ seasons.

Get him tell't baldy balls

Baldy heid too!

At the end of the day it doesn't matter to me how many games others attend. We all have East Fife at heart and want to see our local team compete. I certainly wouldn't hold it against anyone for not attending just like I wouldn't laugh at people who go to every game. Mon the Fife.

E.Fifefan
Jeek
E.Fifefan

30+ seasons.

You`re right.

It doesn't matter.

already arbroath 1-0 up

Equaliser 1-1 McShane from the spot. Good to say Naysmith has brought in Kevin Smith, Austin & McAleer to the team but bit confused at how Moyes is been dropped for either Brown or Barr playing centre back, though if it works i wont mind, C'mon fife

Half time its all square at 1-1, second half to come...come on Fife, win today will put us a point ahead of Ann'in or draw would be great. Come on Fife!

Fife 4-1 Down after 65 mins

Fife down to 10 men

looks like just another season of hope and glory. we don't deserve to be in the play-offs and we'll be lucky to stay away from the trap door if Elgin keep up their form at the bottom roll on transfer window please

5-1 down now

There is every chance we will finish bottom now.

Naysmith has to go NOW to try and salvage something from this train wreck of a season but I dare say the incompetents that have overseen the East Fife decline will do nothing as usual.

Sad, sad, sad.

I'm pretty sure the Eagle can call a taxi for Naysmith and never be manager at our club again.

Final score 5-1, pretty humiliating show out there today and its now three loses since we scored any points on the table which was a home win to Montrose and we have slipped down to 6th in the league, a well another season in league 2 to sort ourself's out. Blows to R.Campbell means he'll be banned & S.Smith (I hope he is ok) will be missing next game if they are we are down to the bare bones. worry times, roll on the fitbaw market.
also to note we have failed to beat Elgin, Annan, Clyde part from Berwick & Montrose is worrying if we'll escape being bottom and relegated theres still 4/5 months left but at the end of the day this club should be better than this lot and well played arbroath today though they deserved to beat us. also i don't think who we will bring in if Naysmith goes as we seemed to do better with a older much experience man in the dugout to bring east fife success just look at Dave Baikie i know he's gone and his level is now juniors but we have went onto managers younger and new to manager's hot seat at bayview that just didn't cut it to go on to manage east fife but my choice would be Billy Reid formerly of Hamilton or John McGlynn formerly of Livingston & our nearest rivals am sure Rankine (if he still part of EF) and board will now look at our recent performances and understand time to change, fresh approach needed at the moment we are going nowhere and squad is too small for injuries and suspensions that are happening.

Boo Boy

Naysmith has to go NOW to try and salvage something from this train wreck of a season but I dare say the incompetents that have overseen the East Fife decline will do nothing as usual.

Sad, sad, sad.

You'll get into bother from the ultra loyalist EF thought police for saying these people are incompetent. At least you've not called them muppets mind.

That said some people aren't qualified to be in a charge of pub team never mind a professional football club.

Cambuslang Fifer
looks like just another season of hope and glory. we don't deserve to be in the play-offs and we'll be lucky to stay away from the trap door if Elgin keep up their form at the bottom roll on transfer window please

Form? that's Elgins first win in about 3 months.

Terracing Now!
Boo Boy

Sad, sad, sad.

You'll get into bother from the ultra loyalist EF thought police for saying these people are incompetent. At least you've not called them muppets mind.

That said some people aren't qualified to be in a charge of pub team never mind a professional football club.

Self criticism is a wonderful virtue and you are to be commended for admitting to the world your inadequacies as far as running a football club is concerned.

Well done my son! A true credit to this forum.

Dubs
Cambuslang Fifer

Form? that's Elgins first win in about 3 months.

6 points behind with 2 games in hand. We have lost 3 on the bounce the last two abjectly. Only a matter of time unless something is done right now.

Observer
Terracing Now!
Boo Boy

Sad, sad, sad.

Self criticism is a wonderful virtue and you are to be commended for admitting to the world your inadequacies as far as running a football club is concerned.

Yes but I'm not aspiring to run a professional football club. And your post makes no sense whatsoever. Son.

Terracing Now!
Observer
Terracing Now!
Boo Boy

Sad, sad, sad.

Yes but I'm not aspiring to run a professional football club. And your post makes no sense whatsoever. Son.

Thank goodness for that after your earlier admission. There are far too many amateurs like yourself who think it is easy.

What an absolute horror show. It was extremely painful to watch that second half. How could Arbroath score from our free kick level with Arbroath box. That summed the day up.

I was nervous right away to see Ross Brown and Lewis Barr in defence. They are decent midfielders!!!! Mullen not a midfielder, he can't pass the ball, firsts few passes went to opposition.

McAleer bound to be rusty by not getting much game time. Fash is a good amateur player only????? There is just no guessing who is going to be playing where these days.

To crown everything, McBride playing central defence strolled throughout the game, and once when put under pressure brought the player down and was booked.

Taken to the cleaners today

E.Fifefan

Lol
Glad East Fife still have real fans like you to fly the flag.
Club is a fucking joke.

The difference today was arbroath front 2 very sharp in front of goal . Like the ginger boy and with playing with shagger up top both will score goals. Our team is a joke and over run in midfield. Fleming couldn't catch a cold,and over weight walker doesn't work hard enough. Only player who I thought was ok was ross brown

No point coming on saying I wont be back had enough etc etc. We had a decent support there today and I am sure they will be horrified what they had to watch. First point Ross Campbell let everyone down today his team, his manager, and the supporters, crazy crazy tackle. 2nd point exactly the same as last week, we folded like a pack of cards. No fight or character when things go against us. Now you cant coach that, you either fight your corner or let the opposition walk over you. Point 3 it doesn't matter whose to blame we are where we are, and its hard to see how its going to change short term. I feel sorry for Gary Naysmith as individual errors are being made on a catastrophic scale. First 3 goals were school boy errors. However having said all that the buck stops with the manager, I think that today might be enough for him as his body language said it all.

Observer
Terracing Now!
Observer
Terracing Now!
Boo Boy

Sad, sad, sad.

Thank goodness for that after your earlier admission. There are far too many amateurs like yourself who think it is easy.

Who said it was easy? It isn't, but at the very least I would expect those running a professional football club to display some ambition, financial acumen, a vision and an ability to make the big decisions when the need arises (for example to either back or not to back the manager). I have seen nothing on paper or in deed that suggests the Board have any of those qualities. The results speak for themselves both on and off the park.

Remember when not so long ago certain people said Shagger was finished!!! Whats that, 16 goals or so this season already!!!
Would love to have him upfront cos lets be honest fash isn't good enough at this level.
Naismith should be telling him to watch the other forwards to see their movement and hunger!

Your right and it's his 17th no way is he finished his movement is still class and his link up play for 3 rd goal was brilliant. We need a clear out and some players look like they don't want to be here . No fight and passion = no points

What's the chances of a refund? That was truly shocking.

Ask Alan walker what he thinks of shagger . He has put a message up on Twitter and to me looks a total tool. What give him the right to slate an ex player after getting beat 5-1 after game. He should be on Twitter saying sorry to us fans before shouting his gums about Paul McManus .

FFS. Just read it.

I take it League Two doesn't have a Twitter policy for players from reading the whole conversation!

https://twitter.com/allanwalker86/status/548916326404997123

The boy has shown his true colours I hope the club fine him . Shocking sportsmanship and was our worst player the day . If he gave half the energy Paul McManus does he would be some player .

Thing is does he really think he could take shagger ? I've seen shagger go for it few years back and trust me he wouldn't want to go there.

Find it quite funny how he said that shagger is the worst player he's seen!! Think there are plenty of fifers who would tell him he's one of the worst players to put the strip on!!! All he's gonna do is fire up shagger more for next time they play against each other! #muppet

Agree first half EF were ok, then the sending off changed things, midfield were poor, lewis barr & ross brown played out of position although thought Brown was ok today. Dont understand MCaleer getting taken off, he done ok today too. 2 strikers very poor today, must do better. Kinda feel sorry for Naysmith, he,s trying but certain players just not good enough at this level.

Observer
Terracing Now!
Observer
Terracing Now!
Boo Boy

Sad, sad, sad.

Had a go yourself, have you? How did you get on?

Supporter68
Agree first half EF were ok, then the sending off changed things, midfield were poor, lewis barr & ross brown played out of position although thought Brown was ok today. Dont understand MCaleer getting taken off, he done ok today too. 2 strikers very poor today, must do better. Kinda feel sorry for Naysmith, he,s trying but certain players just not good enough at this level.

Gary is a really nice guy, I'm sure he knows his stuff.
But there is an old saying keeps coming to mind...something about
"you've made your bed now you must lay in it".
I'm sure a quality of a good manager is.... identify a decent player and sign him.
Something hes not mastered yet!

Gryphon(Paul's dad),

McManus is shite and past it. This is the worst bottom tier there ever has been, Paul has scored a few and somehow you think the Fife miss him????

Nah. Ryan Wallace and Liam Buchanan are players we miss.

Aye a few players only good enough for Junior level, feel sorry for the young players, a few senior players let us down today!!

Allan Walker I hope you read this. Your comments are an embarrassment to yourself and the club. Instead of slagging off an EF legend you should have issued an apology to the supporters for witnessing that performance yday. You couldn't even lace Paul's boots. What a muppet! Anyone who says Shagger's past it is clueless, his performance yday proves that. We are a team full of amateurs and juniors with a pub league manager. Good luck for the rest o the season.

No its no Pauls dad, just a fellow supporter that can see a better player than the shite that we have!!

Did any one else notice that when McAleer was taken off, Stoney and his team mates had the whole stand side to themselves. Poor Ross Brown had wave after wave of opponents coming at him. At least McAleer was cutting this off up to he was subbed. How many Arbroath attacks were initiated up their left wing??????

How many players are bound to be sickened by it all. Stevie Campbell-who am I playing alongside this week. Ewan Moyes-am I going to get a game this even though I am the only centre half at the club. Ross Brown-thought I was a midfielder not a full back. Lewis Barr-what I am now a centre half. Mullen/Smith-are we full backs or midfielders. McAleer-what do I have to do to get a full game and some match practice. McShane-when am I going to get even a half chance created for me. Fash-what do I need to do to get dropped, what am I doing at this level.

Is there any cash to bring any new players or loan players in January. Has the new Spanish boy got any pals who are looking for a game.

Keep thinking every week things can't get any worse but they do. See you all next home game.

Sacking Naysmith would be a good start. Man is a laughing stock.
Can this club sink any lower?

Probably and likely under the current comedy act thats running it.

Observer
Terracing Now!
Observer
Terracing Now!
Boo Boy

Sad, sad, sad.

How would you class those running the club at the moment Observer? Amateur or professional?
They looked very Amateur in front of the supporters at the recent 'takeover' meeting. And I suspect the same performance in the upcoming shareholders meeting. They are in dire need of help ..... yet unable or unwilling to get it.

Stevenson's grand plan will be to cut budgets and sell assets (George Osborne would be proud). But where is the plan to grow revenue and seek new investment? The root of this problem stems back 15 years when Bruce Black brokered the deal that we suffer from today. I wonder if he has had time to ponder that mistake and offer advice on how it can be rectified (I hope this advice is free mind as some of the consultancy fees other people charge in football are enormous). The present board seem unwilling or unable to rectify this mistake...... so the terminal decline looks to continue, perhaps even hasten. But hey, at least they're not amateurs right?

Claude_Cecil_Garfield
Observer
Terracing Now!
Observer
Terracing Now!
Boo Boy

Sad, sad, sad.

How would you class those running the club at the moment Observer? Amateur or professional?
They looked very Amateur in front of the supporters at the recent 'takeover' meeting. And I suspect the same performance in the upcoming shareholders meeting. They are in dire need of help ..... yet unable or unwilling to get it.

Stevenson's grand plan will be to cut budgets and sell assets (George Osborne would be proud). But where is the plan to grow revenue and seek new investment? The root of this problem stems back 15 years when Bruce Black brokered the deal that we suffer from today. I wonder if he has had time to ponder that mistake and offer advice on how it can be rectified (I hope this advice is free mind as some of the consultancy fees other people charge in football are enormous). The present board seem unwilling or unable to rectify this mistake...... so the terminal decline looks to continue, perhaps even hasten. But hey, at least they're not amateurs right?

What is your answer my friend? If you tell me estate agents, financial advisers, bankers and various other financial sorts in our midst are the answer, then the club is surely doomed. The reason? Because these people are the type who make their money at others expense and put zilch in themselves. They would be in it for what they can get out of it and if that means closing the club down and selling the assets, that is exactly what they would do. I would much rather we are run by true supporters of the club who have put their own money on the line. I would urge all supporters of the club to think really hard about their own financial situations and ask themselves, WHO IS MAKING MONEY OUT OF MY MONEY, before they get conned into providing money for these so called experts to abuse.

Anyway NC, what is your grand plan? Are you any of these types above perchance? What is your line of work?

Recent results:- East Fife 1 Arbroath 5. Today:- Arbroath 2. Montrose 2

Freak results or are we that bad?????????????

Who Am I
Recent results:- East Fife 1 Arbroath 5. Today:- Arbroath 2. Montrose 2

Freak results or are we that bad?????????????
It was 1.1 then we folded like a pack off cards after sending off. We were bad though, even with 11 men on the park. £15 to watch Newcastle the other day, £13 to watch us. I'll say no more...

Aye, crossed over to the other side and go see Hearts these days.
Beats watching that shite we get served up week after week.

Mon the Jam Tarts

no matter how bad east fife are just now,i would never change my team ,never never never. cmon the fife

I am with you Rab. So painful most of the time but could never just start supporting any other team!!!!

Mon the Jambo's😆

So if The Jambos don't produce the goods do you then change to Celtic then Chelsea then Real Madrid then................

Fair weather fan, changes team oftener than his Y's

East Fife or no one for me. It just wouldn't be the same trying to support another team.

In football little changes. At the time Claude Cecil Garfield is speaking of the club was in one of its periodic financial crises - and bottom of the league - and with its major shareholder in the slammer for offences which had everyone in the club, and in football generally, aghast. He had to be bought out or he would have been declared an "unfit person" by the SFA. Those of you who were involved at that time will remember the steps taken to mobilise enough votes to get him off the Board. To leave him as the major shareholder would have finished the club. So getting his shares bought both got shot of him and kept the club going. Sorting out the financial problem and getting a winning team on the field took a bit of time but was achieved then and will be again.

Happy New Year to all my friends at the club.

Bruce Black
In football little changes. At the time Claude Cecil Garfield is speaking of the club was in one of its periodic financial crises - and bottom of the league - and with its major shareholder in the slammer for offences which had everyone in the club, and in football generally, aghast. He had to be bought out or he would have been declared an "unfit person" by the SFA. Those of you who were involved at that time will remember the steps taken to mobilise enough votes to get him off the Board. To leave him as the major shareholder would have finished the club. So getting his shares bought both got shot of him and kept the club going. Sorting out the financial problem and getting a winning team on the field took a bit of time but was achieved then and will be again.

Happy New Year to all my friends at the club.

any chance you can return to the club again or be part of the trust at EFSS? afterall you will have the backing of the Fife supporters to do a lot at the club again better than what we have and it appears your a loyal supporter of the club.