Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
marvin andrews

Contract terminated by elgin,getting on a bit but could he do a job for us? Dont know his circumstances and whether he wants to continue playing,just a question to think about maybe!

Re: marvin andrews

iain
Contract terminated by elgin,getting on a bit but could he do a job for us? Dont know his circumstances and whether he wants to continue playing,just a question to think about maybe!

Eamonn Andrews could have done a better job than some of our current team.

Lacking pace now but with a runner beside him could possibly do a job.As the man himsrlf said BELIEVE.

player manager… watch this space

NO CHANCE

More chance of Andrews Liver Salts getting our midfield to move than Marvin.

he'll have more chance of signing with rangers than east fife, we already have Campbell, Moyes and Julen coming in at centre back i think we need cover at left back if Scott injury is bad, add to midfield, goalie to challenge Fleming and 1 more striker that could support McShane, Fash or K.Smith. No to big Marv

If we can get Page in then we'll have plenty of cover in defence in Julen, Moyes, Page, Campbell, Naysmith and S Smith.

IMO we need someone in midfield with a bit of creativity.

A Trialist
If we can get Page in then we'll have plenty of cover in defence in Julen, Moyes, Page, Campbell, Naysmith and S Smith.

IMO we need someone in midfield with a bit of creativity.

agree no point in bring someone in for the sake of bring players in that we don't need in that area, time to bring in Hugh Murray and Steven McDougall both of them would be great signings in midfield and are looking for clubs. Signing McDougall would give us cover on the wings and options if cook is un-fit and i know Murray must be getting on a bit but he can bring creativity in the middle and certainly boost our numbers, food for thoughts for Gary to have as we lack options from the bench with injuries we have we need to sign players. Both Murray and McDougall would be a great coup for the club though would they drop two league's down in order of first team action its down to Gary and them and the club.
If Dunfermline let Page go back out to us (East Fife) then am sure we don't need anymore defensive players like A. Trialist said above there's another area's we are short is midfield and cover for Fleming maybe look at getting in another striker that we don't have to relay heavy on Smith to find the back of the net in this leauge and the youngster's we still have and on the bench aren't quite ready to be thrown in at the moment.

What's wrong with the Keeper from St Johnstone that we have on the bench? Surely he should be given his chance?

You are right the young keeper should be given a chance. He has been decent in the games he has played in so far. I am not sure why he hasn't had more of a chance. He seems to be more confident and composed on the ball than flemming.

I think he also trains full time which you would think would make him a better keeper

Disagree Flemings the better keeper. The other keeper got his chance in the Scottish cup and did not do that great.

always said we should sign a keeper or goalkeeper with much experienced in the game, Fleming will do and is better of the goalies out them two in the squad at the moment both goalie's have conceded goals which doesn't help matters and from a keeper on-loan from the premier league you would expect him to be better than he actually is to able him to gain first team experience and is it shame to waste a loan slot we could of improve outfield position where we lack than a sub keeper that is hardly going to improve by the looks of things and be on the bench thats what i think but i hope he does well to get back into the side as the deal is done we just have to get on with it and sign others in January.

Can you say the goals he lost are his fault. He has only just turned 18 and I am sure that he is a far better keeper than flemming. If you look at the goals he has lost they have not been his fault. I am sure that the under 20 s at St Johnstone is a far better standard than our level

Don't see where your getting that he didn't do well can you name anything that was his fault? He looks more confident than Fleming and a lot better with the ball at his feet, Fleming has made too many mistakes and it's about time the young Keeper got his chance again!

Did you actually see him play in the Scottish cup tie ?

Is Winston the goalies brother and bigshow are you his sister or the goalie himself?

Mavin Andrews like my twiiter star dose that mean he might come u never no

Big Marv played for Montrose last Saturday and according to a friend did very well, unbeatable in the air. Also up to his old tricks as I was told he went right through an opponent in the tackle as he did with Ross Brown.

He will probably do a job for Montrose especially against us when we play them again.