Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The harsh reality!

Don't come on this forum much now as its just full of total crap but I feel I have to post after reflecting on current state of affairs. Before the rant I want to list some positives, here they are, note none regarding the team, board or manager and assistants!

1) the volunteers
2) Jim C photos
3) Liam T match reports
4) Graeme M videos
5) Stephen M commentary
6) Ian L running the bus
7) Allan D and the trust members running EFSS

So the negatives

although I admire Gary as a player he does not cut it as a manager. I wanted him to succeed but he has failed. He has been given time, supporter backing and has built his own squad but all to no avail. The football at the club has gone so much backwards in his reign its beyond belief. From where I am standing Gary is devoid of motivating the players, his tactical decision making is inherently flawed, his team selection and player positioning is lets say baffling to say the least. Gary the truth is you have lost the support of the majority and this is evident by the haemorrhaging of a plethora of life long die hard supporters. Don't be misled by the crowd against Arbroath as traditionally this is well supported plus they brought a few hundred. Lets wait till the next home match and see how busy corporate and the ground is. If we get beat on Saturday (which we will) there will be under 300! I think personally Gary its time to do the decent thing and move on. Sorry but its the reality.

Notwithstanding the above Gary stepping down will not place the club in a better position. Why? To be brutally honest (this does not include Stevie Campbell, Kevin Smith, Moyes and Macaleer ) the squad we have would struggle in the junior league. They are devoid of the basics, passing, dribbling, tackling, passion, tenacity. I watch players warm up with hands in pockets, in my eyes unacceptable but its a common occurrence. The players make no attempt to interact with supporters this has been true from the beginning, there is no relationship! Looking at the social media incident after the Arbroath game involving Walker well that turned my stomach, pathetic doesn't come close to how I felt. If that behaviour is condoned by the club then that too will be pathetic. Personally I would send him packing as he does not deserve to wear the black and gold.

Finally there is the board, I am not going to say much as its been said before but just want to say that I was at Annan,gutted when we lost the goal in the final minute but what really hurt me was walking passed some of the EF directors who were sitting next to the Annan directors laughing after we just got beat and the supporters were walking out. Bloody hell they should have been downbeat, we were, but no not some of them, unbelievable.

So lets not beat about the bush, the club in its current situation cannot afford to continually serve up a indescribable substandard product, with a substandard squad with a substandard manager with a substandard board. we are broken to the very core. Every game we go to now we come back unhappy, unsatisfied, angry and disappointed. There is no enjoyment anymore, its a chore hence why people are deserting. It's sad but true, wake up and smell the salts. Without current debt and operating loss and over paid players and coaching staff its an unsustainable model that will implode sooner than we think which will mean administration and the end of East Fife FC we all love. If the board can't see that or if they can its irrelevant we are doomed.

Re: The harsh reality!

If you think the manager, the players and the board are not hurting, then you are deluded.

I have had a good laugh after a defeat with fellow fans, because we are human beings that will not let a football game result dictate that we must be devoid of any human traits other than depression. By the sound of your state of mind, if someone cracked a joke after we got beat, your response would be a morose look, or anger?

The thing is if you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem.

East Fife FC has

1. A board who don't want to open their eyes and accept the problem as their responsibility to sort out ASAP
2. Has too many fans who have lost faith and won't accept that their non attendance at such a small club is part of the underlying problem
3. Too many players who need a father figure manager preferably over 6feet with a good strong throat grip
4. A young manager who has got himself lost and in a rut very quickly as he does not yet have anywhere near enough experience at this lower leauge level on players, motivation and how to work the fans.

As far as I can see if you look at no 1-11 the only player in reality who at the moment has consitantly shown that he is part of the solution is Stevie Campbell. Everyone else seems to have a lot to do, in saying that I am not of the opinion that Gary has a shite Squad, I think they have proven on a couple of occasions that they can do it, it is just that they appear to have difficulty in wanting to do it (together) that's the thing --players make seasons plenty time left, show us you can do it one or two of us think you can.

So over to the board to find the solution - Be it a new manager or Support for the manager or a Fekin rocket to both the manager and players whatever you decide please hurry up. By the way Brian Reid ex Ayr Utd(if he would want to may fit the manager over 6ft with strong throat grip)

?
If you think the manager, the players and the board are not hurting, then you are deluded.

I have had a good laugh after a defeat with fellow fans, because we are human beings that will not let a football game result dictate that we must be devoid of any human traits other than depression. By the sound of your state of mind, if someone cracked a joke after we got beat, your response would be a morose look, or anger?

and you are just a clueless arse.
Great post by the OP and i agree with every word.

Temper son!

Bit harsh on the young players who are trying, its the senior players who are letting the Club down, R.Campbell & Walker last week!! Moyes was disappointing too as he's played at a higher level!!

Sad Sad Sad... thats how I feel after reading all of the above.

To be honest, like most on here, I've been through the spectrum of emotions after a game, depending on the result and how the team have performed. Head doon, agony and disappointment to jumping with joy and extatic. (btw..yes it does happen, not that often this season though).

Agree with most regards Manager and players.
Gary: Just not worked out, sadly a fail.
Players: About 5 might keep, the rest, just not worked out, sadly a fail.

On the positive side, the guys listed in the OP are a credit. Well done!

My points?

1) what is happening with takeover bid of Rankine/Twigg?
1b) Can the fans become part of Stevenson and co plan to takeover and raise money if us fans had money to help with the future of EF?
1c) has Stevenson gained 52% of the club yet?
2) will Stevenson be appointed full time chairman or are we awaiting for new investment that will unlikely to be appointed to east fife board?
3) what will happen to money from square knox and can the plans be resumed at later date/future?
4) Can we raise money for transfer's aswell like in the past as trying to get someone to sponsor a player to fund his wages?
5) Is Julen signed & will he be ready for saturday?
6) we need new players!
7) What happened to a first team coach in naysmith dug-out with Hegarty moving on and Anderson stepping up?
8) as we have scrapped the youths and we appear to lack any money to sign players could a new set-up of youths again in the near future.

Now Naysmith has received the vote of confidence but for how long?

Happy New year let's hope these issues are resolved and hope we don't end up bottom. Let's 2015 be a year for East Fife FC.

Jeek
?

and you are just a clueless arse.
Great post by the OP and i agree with every word.

Flounce