Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Latest Score

East Fife 0 Queens Park 0 Half Time

Re: Latest Score

Decided not to go after the Arbroath debacle and glad. 1 shot on target in 2 home games is pathetic, not to mention that the 1 shot was a penalty. Pointless

FT - 0-0

only four players on the bench suggest we need players, have options from the bench to improve in games and we lack upfront with creating and scoring goals but defensively looking like its improving.
How did Julen play? glad to see fleming dropped for miller in goals.

Fat Doug
Decided not to go after the Arbroath debacle and glad. 1 shot on target in 2 home games is pathetic, not to mention that the 1 shot was a penalty. Pointless

Have to agree. Doubt I'll be back this season.
have the crowds dropped to 300 or less yet?
Mickey mouse club if ever there was one.

New boy strolled it and was named man of the match. Hardly surprising giving the guff that surrounds him.

We are in serious trouble from what I've heard today. Lucky to see out the next 4 months if what I've heard is correct.

Very sad times indeed.

Lawless
New boy strolled it and was named man of the match. Hardly surprising giving the guff that surrounds him.

We are in serious trouble from what I've heard today. Lucky to see out the next 4 months if what I've heard is correct.

Very sad times indeed.
expand on the bayview gossip

Todays attendance reported as 498 ( BBC World Sports )

Big improvement from the boys today in challenging conditions.
Defensively we were solid. Good to see former Buckhaven High School pupil Jordan Millar getting a start. His positioning was excellent and a clean sheet will do his confidence the world of good.
Despite the lack of options available we had the luxury of being able to field a couple of wide players for the first time in several months. The movement, middle to front in the first half was good but goalscoring opportunities were at a premium for both sides.
As previously stated the big Basque laddie Julien gave an impressive debut, dealing with everything thrown at him in a quiet and competent manner.
A draw was probably a fair outcome. Onwards and hopefully upwards.

Agree new boy Julen was excellent & deservedly named MOM. Also thought Ross Brown did well at right back considering he's a midfielder. Didn't enjoy Kevin Smith playing up front on his own tho, need 2 upfront, need another striker in the team!!

Queens Park came for the 3 points and to be honest created more chances, however we did our bit and kept them out.

Defended in numbers in the first half and sometimes too deep, that allowed them to play their game in midfield and although got into some dangerous positions couldnt convert.

Allowed them too much time on the ball to stroke it about but most of this was done in the middle of the park, once they got to the business end failed to produce the final product.

We had our chances to nick it in the last 10 mins and narrowly missed with a couple of shots. One which flew across the face of goal and the other just passed the post.

My match analysis: Nervous performance (understandable though), allowed them to dictate tempo because didnt shut down their midfield quick enough.

Their defence are not quick and fash got to them a bit when he came on, just with a bit effort! (probably had the energy cos he was only on for 10 mins ish).

This East Fife team are low in confidence right now but must take heart from the clean sheet. A point from QP not too shabby!

Lawless

Very sad times indeed.

That sounds like it might be a false alarm. The directors have just told the shareholders at the AGM that they have the funds in place to keep the club going for 12 months.

Thought the team looked solid at the back the back 5 never looked like conceding. We need to improve going forward .

Thought Liam smith, Julian and MIllar looked very composed at the back.

fed up fan
Lawless

Very sad times indeed.

That sounds like it might be a false alarm. The directors have just told the shareholders at the AGM that they have the funds in place to keep the club going for 12 months.

The club considered going into administration about a month ago but didn't because of the 15 point point deduction they would get and were worried about going down to the lowland league and dieng altogether,

125,000 in debt

Rankine wants the land

Just rumours mind you