Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Je Suis Kerriann

So, the board of EFFC reject EFST ptoposed member Kerriann as Trust rep because of hrr open and honest views which are different to that of the Gang of Four.
Shame on you guys.

Re: Je Suis Kerriann

I think the directors would be mad to have her on the board, especially with the views her husband, who was a former Trust rep on the board, posts on this site. To be honest, I haven't seen much of her, or her husband at Bayview in recent years. How can she be a board member, when she doesn't attend many games? If she has different views to you, would you welcome her interference in how you wish to do things?

this one will run...........

Je ne suis pas Kerrian
I think the directors would be mad to have her on the board, especially with the views her husband, who was a former Trust rep on the board, posts on this site. To be honest, I haven't seen much of her, or her husband at Bayview in recent years. How can she be a board member, when she doesn't attend many games? If she has different views to you, would you welcome her interference in how you wish to do things?

I haven't saw much of Neil Rankie or Samantha Twigg at Bayview either.

Je ne suis pas Kerrian

Oh the irony, freedom of speech?

Even if my views which more often than not are at odds with the board or either myself and Kerrianns attendance at Bayview had any impact on her becoming a director at Bayview, which it should not. You have missed the point and the reason given by the board, by some distance.

In their collective wisdom the trust elected Kerriann as their rep.

The problem here is that the board, once again, dismisses the choice and will of a section of the East Fife support.

Not a good way to run a customer facing business.

Poo Shoot
Je ne suis pas Kerrian

I haven't saw much of Neil Rankie or Samantha Twigg at Bayview either.

Neither of whom are on the board.

Claude_Cecil_Garfield
In their collective wisdom the trust elected Kerriann as their rep.

The problem here is that the board, once again, dismisses the choice and will of a section of the East Fife support.

Not a good way to run a customer facing business.

Remind me of what else they have dismissed? We are talking of a very small section of the East Fife support (the EFSS working group)and that section are not pro-East Fife board as it stands. What would your decision be if you were on the board, if a person who wants to get rid of you was wanting on the board? Why does it have to be a working group member anyway whose name was put forward? There are many, many other talented supporters who attend every week, that may actually add something to the board. What are Kerrian's talents and are they suitable for running a football club?

S_Pat
Je ne suis pas Kerrian

Even if my views which more often than not are at odds with the board or either myself and Kerrianns attendance at Bayview had any impact on her becoming a director at Bayview, which it should not. You have missed the point and the reason given by the board, by some distance.

I am sorry Stewart, but what gives you the right to dictate who is on the board? You do not attend East Fife games, so that means to me you do not support East Fife, yet you think you can choose to be a board member. If you have invested in the club by way of buying shares then you have a case, but somehow I don't think you have invested. You and your wife came to prominence in East Fife circles when the trust was formed and have been thereabouts putting in your tuppence worth regularly, usually to criticise. You both seem to me, to be power freaks, the type that want to be on community councils for example. The type that want to see their names in lights. If you want to be on the board, there is a simple way of doing that. Purchase a significant amount of shares, with your own money! It is you who is missing the point - of reality and the real world!

Je ne suis pas Kerrian
S_Pat
Je ne suis pas Kerrian

I am sorry Stewart, but what gives you the right to dictate who is on the board? You do not attend East Fife games, so that means to me you do not support East Fife, yet you think you can choose to be a board member. If you have invested in the club by way of buying shares then you have a case, but somehow I don't think you have invested. You and your wife came to prominence in East Fife circles when the trust was formed and have been thereabouts putting in your tuppence worth regularly, usually to criticise. You both seem to me, to be power freaks, the type that want to be on community councils for example. The type that want to see their names in lights. If you want to be on the board, there is a simple way of doing that. Purchase a significant amount of shares, with your own money! It is you who is missing the point - of reality and the real world!

Again you miss the point by some margin. The board as they are perfectly entitle to do can decide who to appoint or not as the case may be. It is their reasoning for not accepting Kerriann which is curious as is your belief that you have to buy shares as an individual to be on the board. If that were the case then it would alienate the ordinary man/woman who had the clubs interest at heart but not the £10K to buy into EFFC.

S_Pat
Je ne suis pas Kerrian
S_Pat
Je ne suis pas Kerrian

Again you miss the point by some margin. The board as they are perfectly entitle to do can decide who to appoint or not as the case may be. It is their reasoning for not accepting Kerriann which is curious as is your belief that you have to buy shares as an individual to be on the board. If that were the case then it would alienate the ordinary man/woman who had the clubs interest at heart but not the £10K to buy into EFFC.

On the contrary, you are missing the point Stewart. If the board believe that a particular person would be destructive, rather than constructive, then they have every right to refuse. They cannot let just anybody be a board member, just because a small group of people say so. You have not helped her case by making the posts that you do on this site. What makes you believe that your point of view is putting the club's interest at heart, over other peoples views, including the board? I go to every home game and I know from those sitting around me, that your point of view, which is echoed by many of the others that regularly post comments on AFTN, are NOT the views of these particular supporters. Thy have a good laugh at many of the comments, both of the obvious idiots ones and those of people who think they know better, like yourself. Ordinary people do not like those types who always want to be at the forefront, especially when they obviously have designs on being at the top table and making decisions that affect the supporters, on the pretence that they have all of the supporters backing.
I mentioned shares, because that DOES give you certain rights. If you think otherwise, then try getting on the board of any other business that you do not own shares in. The trust have a case to have someone on the board I agree, but they need to choose someone who is not anti-board which in Kerrian's case is blatantly obvious. What board of directors anywhere in their right mind, would appoint someone they know would not bring anything to the table, other than to discredit them and be working towards removing them at any cost?
One last note, surely you must agree that if an individual bought sufficient shares in the club, that person has more rights to be on the board, than someone who owns none, or very few?

Je ne suis pas Kerrian

Remind me of what else they have dismissed?

A combined ownership bid with the EFSS.

Je ne suis pas Kerrian

What would your decision be if you were on the board, if a person who wants to get rid of you was wanting on the board?

Speak to them an try build a consensus.

Je ne suis pas Kerrian

Why does it have to be a working group member anyway whose name was put forward? There are many, many other talented supporters who attend every week, that may actually add something to the board.

OK..... so a mate of the Board of Directors gets handpicked rather than someone elected from a number of supporters. Good luck with that.

Je ne suis pas Kerrian

What are Kerrian's talents and are they suitable for running a football club?

Those that elected here must think her suitable. Whatever you think is irrelevant.

Share ownership?

This trust rep would be on the board as a representative of the trust, not as an individual. The trust IS a shareholder.

Claude_Cecil_Garfield
Je ne suis pas Kerrian

EXPLAIN WHAT YOU MEAN IN DETAIL?

Je ne suis pas Kerrian

What would your decision be if you were on the board, if a person who wants to get rid of you was wanting on the board?

ARE YOU SERIOUS??

Je ne suis pas Kerrian

Why does it have to be a working group member anyway whose name was put forward? There are many, many other talented supporters who attend every week, that may actually add something to the board.

OK..... so a mate of the Board of Directors gets handpicked rather than someone elected from a number of supporters. Good luck with that.
NOT HAND PICKED, BUT SOMEONE WHO CAN BE TRUSTED. WOULDN'T YOU DO THE SAME?

Je ne suis pas Kerrian

Those that elected here must think her suitable. Whatever you think is irrelevant.
IT IS VERY RELEVANT WHEN YOU YOURSELF ARE SAYING WE SHOULD HAVE TALENTED INDIVIDUALS FROM THE EFSS ON THE BOARD. AGAIN I ASK, WHAT IS KERRIAN'S SPECIAL TALENT?

Je ne suis pas Kerrian
Claude_Cecil_Garfield
Je ne suis pas Kerrian

Je ne suis pas Kerrian

ARE YOU SERIOUS??

Je ne suis pas Kerrian

Je ne suis pas Kerrian

IT IS VERY RELEVANT WHEN YOU YOURSELF ARE SAYING WE SHOULD HAVE TALENTED INDIVIDUALS FROM THE EFSS ON THE BOARD. AGAIN I ASK, WHAT IS KERRIAN'S SPECIAL TALENT?

Jeez,can o worms.

The only things I'm going to reply to you about is the point of a Trust Representative and your talent spotting request. It's a fans rep and direct contact with an open board to iron out or put forward questions?suggestions to club.

As for what is my special talent, the board will never know. I've had a a fairer hearing from Richard Branson than I got from the gang of four. They will now never know.

Excuse my typing. One eye is awol!

I know it looks personal Kerriann, but it isn't intended to be. The point I am making is to highlight the rubbish that is being posted on here regularly by a few, about how bad the board is and how great the trust is. The board are people and the trust are people. Why should I or anybody else have blind faith in the trust people? This forum is shouting out to the world that there is a group of people running the site who have a clear agenda. What pisses me off is that this group of people are abusing the privileges they have as moderators and as friends of moderators, to discredit the board and everybody who dares to challenge their views. There is talk of banning IP addresses on another thread, purely because some people are exposing the 'group's' ridiculous arguments. All that comes back from the 'group' when challenged is - you are a board member. Nothing could be further from the truth in my case. The only way I would ever be a board member would be as chairman and the major shareholder at the club. In order for me to do that, I would need to win the lottery jackpot. I certainly would not want to be on the board as someone who has invested sod all in the club, or as a representative.

That'll be personal then as I am a moderator and friend of the other moderators.

You sir, are the most prolific poster on this site and have many many different names. The only reason you're not blocked is because your ip address changes and it would blocked too many others. You are bloody minded and cannot see that fans are genuinely concerned for the future of the club. You engage in a character assassination of any poster who differs from your view and generally piss off anybody who tries to interact. You have hijacked every thread for ages and turned it into a bloody farce.

The moderators haven't abused powers as we know exactly who you are and haven't named you.

This is the last post I will ever make to you as I fear any further posts will make me use language I do not want to on a public forum. Now please, go away.

I have a good regard to Kerriann for her and the trust's efforts in the past and the ongoing push for greater supporter involvement in the club. However I find it unacceptable that a supporter's rep on the board would not at least attend most home games. This should change if elected so the views/question of supporters could be heard face to face.

Any director from the trust will be able to rely on their own talents plus the input from the trust members. although individually they might be divisive they would need to reflect the views of the trust and hopefully all supporters and necessarily hold back on their own views if they are opposed by those whom she/he represents.

s_pat I think the need to hold 2000 shares to be a board member was recinded to 100 shares.

Kerriann
That'll be personal then as I am a moderator and friend of the other moderators.

You sir, are the most prolific poster on this site and have many many different names. The only reason you're not blocked is because your ip address changes and it would blocked too many others. You are bloody minded and cannot see that fans are genuinely concerned for the future of the club. You engage in a character assassination of any poster who differs from your view and generally piss off anybody who tries to interact. You have hijacked every thread for ages and turned it into a bloody farce.

The moderators haven't abused powers as we know exactly who you are and haven't named you.

This is the last post I will ever make to you as I fear any further posts will make me use language I do not want to on a public forum. Now please, go away.

The best way to treat abusive and inflammatory posts is just ignore. If they get no reaction they will dry up as there will be no return for their efforts.

JJ
I have a good regard to Kerriann for her and the trust's efforts in the past and the ongoing push for greater supporter involvement in the club. However I find it unacceptable that a supporter's rep on the board would not at least attend most home games. This should change if elected so the views/question of supporters could be heard face to face.

Any director from the trust will be able to rely on their own talents plus the input from the trust members. although individually they might be divisive they would need to reflect the views of the trust and hopefully all supporters and necessarily hold back on their own views if they are opposed by those whom she/he represents.

s_pat I think the need to hold 2000 shares to be a board member was recinded to 100 shares.

JJ, thank you, that's exactly how I would have represented fans. It's not about my views

With regards to the home games, I understand your concerns. There are many reasons for my non attendance, most of them health related. This is why I was trying to be involved in a different way Hope that helps. ..

Kerriann

Madam, you are talking as if you are the righteous one. You obviously feel you have the right to decide who gets to say what on this 'free speech' forum. Why are you not scolding the posts that are quite obviously imagined supposition and bordering on the libelous? The posts that give out peoples names and addresses in response to someone elses post who would like to pay the addressee's a visit? Explain why you let them go without question, please?

You have now decided it is personal, okay. What you don't realise is that with your last post, you have just confirmed to the AFTN world that you will decide what gets said on here. So much for an open public forum. You must think I am not genuinely concerned for the club I take it? Only you and your 'friends' who post half truths and downright lies, are the concerned ones? Anybody who shows a modicum of support for the directors efforts cannot be concerned for the club??

I put it to you that if more people tried supporting the directors efforts, East Fife would be in a better place. Instead, you choose to disagree with everything they are trying to do. Your motives are very questionable! And you are wrong about me being the most prolific poster on this site! Anyway, what does it matter, it is a forum for East Fife supporters and as a supporter, I am expressing my views. Or is it only views that you agree with that you allow?

Who is she anyway. Should I know her?

From my understanding, it's always been possible for the board to reject the trust's nominee.

In the past there hasn't been any issue.

If the issue this time is genuinely because someone coming on to the board would have different views and ideas to the 4 Horses Arses of the Apocalypse then that is shocking but not surprising.

Shocking, because what this club needs now is to move in a different direction and fresh ideas and faces. The board should be actively encouraging people who have different ways to save the club to join them.

My other concern is that they are happy though to accept Stephen Mill.

Stephen is a great, loyal and passionate fan, who could win Mastermind with his knowledge of the club. Great attributes.

But....

He also does the commentary for EFTV, so are they happy to accept him because they feel he will just tow the line and is part of the current gang. Do they expect him just to be an all accepting yes man and not raise genuine concerns like Kerriann would?

Stephen used to be quite the firebrand. let's hope he continues to be and cause a real ruckus in the boardroom, otherwise there is no point in him being the rep.

Je ne suis pas Kerrian
Kerriann

Madam, you are talking as if you are the righteous one. You obviously feel you have the right to decide who gets to say what on this 'free speech' forum. Why are you not scolding the posts that are quite obviously imagined supposition and bordering on the libelous? The posts that give out peoples names and addresses in response to someone elses post who would like to pay the addressee's a visit? Explain why you let them go without question, please?

You have now decided it is personal, okay. What you don't realise is that with your last post, you have just confirmed to the AFTN world that you will decide what gets said on here. So much for an open public forum. You must think I am not genuinely concerned for the club I take it? Only you and your 'friends' who post half truths and downright lies, are the concerned ones? Anybody who shows a modicum of support for the directors efforts cannot be concerned for the club??

I put it to you that if more people tried supporting the directors efforts, East Fife would be in a better place. Instead, you choose to disagree with everything they are trying to do. Your motives are very questionable! And you are wrong about me being the most prolific poster on this site! Anyway, what does it matter, it is a forum for East Fife supporters and as a supporter, I am expressing my views. Or is it only views that you agree with that you allow?

John Cena
From my understanding, it's always been possible for the board to reject the trust's nominee.

In the past there hasn't been any issue.

If the issue this time is genuinely because someone coming on to the board would have different views and ideas to the 4 Horses Arses of the Apocalypse then that is shocking but not surprising.

Shocking, because what this club needs now is to move in a different direction and fresh ideas and faces. The board should be actively encouraging people who have different ways to save the club to join them.

My other concern is that they are happy though to accept Stephen Mill.

Stephen is a great, loyal and passionate fan, who could win Mastermind with his knowledge of the club. Great attributes.

But....

He also does the commentary for EFTV, so are they happy to accept him because they feel he will just tow the line and is part of the current gang. Do they expect him just to be an all accepting yes man and not raise genuine concerns like Kerriann would?

Stephen used to be quite the firebrand. let's hope he continues to be and cause a real ruckus in the boardroom, otherwise there is no point in him being the rep.

He could always wear the chicken suit to every board meeting I suppose...

JJ
Kerriann

The best way to treat abusive and inflammatory posts is just ignore. If they get no reaction they will dry up as there will be no return for their efforts.

The following posts by a 'DPH' on another thread (AGM)_are both abusive and inflammatory, but you did not highlight them as such JJ - WHY NOT? I guess you were just ignoring them, were you?

Shut up you daft cunt! What a ridiculous post! The fans have tried and failed to create an atmosphere at Bayview, due to us playing in a 1 stand stadium it's practically impossible as has all ready been proven. To blame the supporters for the clubs current state is ridiculous! The club has been run into the ground and sadly many have walked away.

And another -

What a fucking clown you are! Do you really expect people not to moan about the current situation the clubs in? What do you want us too do? Praise the bod for the sterling job they are doing? We are being strangled to death, a very slow death but it's coming. A board who are happy to fart about in lower leagues with zero communication, no ambition, no leadership, a shit football team with clueless manager, he'll yes! Things are fucking beautiful...Well done, keep up the good work.

Please explain why did you not find these posts abusive and inflammatory JJ? For that matter, what about your thoughts on these posts Kerriann, in your role as a moderator of course. Why no response from you as a moderator, or any of the other moderators for that matter, on these abusive and inflammatory posts?

Je ne suis pas Kerrian
JJ
Kerriann

The following posts by a 'DPH' on another thread (AGM)_are both abusive and inflammatory, but you did not highlight them as such JJ - WHY NOT? I guess you were just ignoring them, were you?

Shut up you daft cunt! What a ridiculous post! The fans have tried and failed to create an atmosphere at Bayview, due to us playing in a 1 stand stadium it's practically impossible as has all ready been proven. To blame the supporters for the clubs current state is ridiculous! The club has been run into the ground and sadly many have walked away.

And another -

What a fucking clown you are! Do you really expect people not to moan about the current situation the clubs in? What do you want us too do? Praise the bod for the sterling job they are doing? We are being strangled to death, a very slow death but it's coming. A board who are happy to fart about in lower leagues with zero communication, no ambition, no leadership, a shit football team with clueless manager, he'll yes! Things are fucking beautiful...Well done, keep up the good work.

Please explain why did you not find these posts abusive and inflammatory JJ? For that matter, what about your thoughts on these posts Kerriann, in your role as a moderator of course. Why no response from you as a moderator, or any of the other moderators for that matter, on these abusive and inflammatory posts?

??????

Ian, as you are both a "Daft Cunt" and a "Fucking Clown", I and probably every other user on this Forum probably see nothing untoward with those posts!

It is very probably and in all likelihood that it is only yourself, and of course, your 47 work colleagues that would dispute it!

FFS
Ian, as you are both a "Daft Cunt" and a "Fucking Clown", I and probably every other user on this Forum probably see nothing untoward with those posts!

It is very probably and in all likelihood that it is only yourself, and of course, your 47 work colleagues that would dispute it!

I see the name of who Jocky is has been removed. I'll not forget it that's for sure.

Elephant
FFS

I see the name of who Jocky is has been removed. I'll not forget it that's for sure.

I think most of us seen it.

Jocky spotter
Elephant
FFS

Shame that eh?

That is all..

Elephant
Jocky spotter
Elephant
FFS

Shame that eh?
k

yup.

Jocky spotter

Unfortunately I didn't.

Kerriann
Je ne suis pas Kerrian
Claude_Cecil_Garfield
Je ne suis pas Kerrian

Je ne suis pas Kerrian

ARE YOU SERIOUS??

Je ne suis pas Kerrian

Je ne suis pas Kerrian

Jeez,can o worms.

The only things I'm going to reply to you about is the point of a Trust Representative and your talent spotting request. It's a fans rep and direct contact with an open board to iron out or put forward questions?suggestions to club.

As for what is my special talent, the board will never know. I've had a a fairer hearing from Richard Branson than I got from the gang of four. They will now never know.

Never mind, Kerriann, if they don't want you on the Board you are in good company.

But Bruce - you were on here at the start of the season claiming you were acting in the interests of the owner.

Now that we are seeking to get rid of that owner (an owner you put in place let's not forget), you want back on the board.

Doesn't sound like the fresh start we are looking for.

How come you want back in now?

Claude_Cecil_Garfield
But Bruce - you were on here at the start of the season claiming you were acting in the interests of the owner.

Now that we are seeking to get rid of that owner (an owner you put in place let's not forget), you want back on the board.

Doesn't sound like the fresh start we are looking for.

How come you want back in now?

Well said.

jocky or whatever you're calling yourself these days, so what you are suggesting is that you have to go week in week out to be considered a fan?

Have a word with yourself, is your dad bigger than my dad? We're you bullied as a child? Grow up. Passion for the club can burn as bright from a distance.

If you actually knew Kerriann (instead of judging from a distance) You'd know she's a dedicated and intelligent woman and there's a reason that the supporters trust elected her. She certainly wouldn't be a afraid to set a cat amongst the pigeons which is what this club needs, not a yes ma.

You sir are the katie hopkins of this forum, and everyone knows she's a tosser. You'd be great company for her.