Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
jonothan paige

Paige has returned to bayview until May..Worried that we are bringing a defender when what we really need is a proven goalscorer or few decent miodfielders...

Re: jonothan paige

Odd signing to be honest. As we all know already, we really ought to bring in a proper goalscorer and creative midfielder.

Naysmith bringing in Julen was a bit of a shock and hes doing great, Page had a good 1st spell on-loan and scored the winner at Berwick. I thought he was great addition but with Moyes, Campbell, Julen and Page who can play centre back we will have a strong defence going into the second half of the season though my worries is like the guys who have posted above about a midfielder or another striker which we do lack no question about that and i hope Naysmith can do so and theres one or two we can still bring in on-loan or for nothing to improve what we have got here.
Page could also play as a full-back and move brown back into his position as midfield again if we have to then am sure it gives us options tomorrow and defensively we will be strong for tomorrow's game. So lets be positive and see what will happen.

Team for tomorrow:

Miller,

Brown, Campbell, Jules, Moyes, Paige, Smith

McAleer, Walker, Cook,

Smith.

Well. We are away from home!!!!!!!

Who Am I
Team for tomorrow:

Miller,

Brown, Campbell, Jules, Moyes, Paige, Smith

McAleer, Walker, Cook,

Smith.

Well. We are away from home!!!!!!!

I'll try to answer the question in your username - are you Craig Levein?

Great news thought Johnathon was one of the best players we have had at bayview this season.

my team would be two upfront get some goals and give the dunlop's a hard time in their defence as we lacked last week in the final third.

Miller

Page, Julen, Campbell, L.Smith

Mullen (his suspension starts next saturday according to courier on twitter) , Walker, Brown, Cook

K.Smith & Fash

Ross campbell is banned and Scott Smith is injured as the home side have Darren Young and Kyle Turnbull out injured.

Subs:
Fleming, Barr, Maskrey, Moyes, McAleer, Falconer (if he's not away on-loan?) & Naysmith (if fit?)

Couldn't agree more with Zak. On the few occasions I have seen him he was the best player on the park by a country mile (along with Stevie Campbell). I was very impressed with the new lad who's at Uni in Edinburgh, and made his debut at home against Queens Park? The goalie that day was sound as well. You build a team from the back, and my back 4 would be Campbell, The Student, Paige, and Naismith. The manager is the best left back I've seen so far(what would I know) at the club, and he can influence the game more from there than on the touch line. I respect all the other opinions but if you don't concede then the worst result will be a 0-0 draw, and a points better than nothing. If push comes to shove Stevie Campbell can put a good shift in in the midfield, as he did against Q.P., but it's not his best position.