Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
EFTV

As you may or may not be aware the work done by Graeme Mackay in filming and editing EFTV last season was sponsored by the Trust and Flood Inns.
Flood Inns are no longer co-sponsors but the Trust are pleased to announce we will continue to support Graeme through this season.
At this point it must be said that the amount the Trust is paying does not reflect the time and effort Graeme puts into what is recognised as among the best of club TV productions. Thank you Graeme from all who watch your presentations.
The commentary will continue to be done by Stephen "the voice of Methil football" Mill and when necessary supported by Liam"sportsjacket" Anderson.

Re: EFTV

Excellent work done by Graeme, enjoy watching the highlights & interviews every week!!

The professional coverage is a credit to Graeme and all involved. Well done.

It has been an absolute joy! Even clubs out with East Fife have praised it. I would contribute a small amount to keep this going. Anybody else? Thoughts?

EFTV is excellent.

Is it possible to do streaming for overseas fans?

The go pros are a great addition. Can I request that the next step be "drone cam"?

Excellent work by the guys. Watch it every week win lose or draw. Well done and keep it up.

I always enjoy tuning into watching EFTV and the interviews and commentary are top notch many Spfl clubs haven't got decent coverage just highlights and interviews of their team with commentary from Stephen who does a good job and his stats and knowledge of the club are great to have guys like them around the club and supporting the team. Always praised graeme efforts.
Fantastic your doing a great job and keep up the good work lads.

Hopefully the trust will be a long-term advert for EFTV channel which should be and am sure someone will come in replace floods inn at some point to be the focus point at how good the club is and the EFTV channel has kept many fans who watch it a success part of the club really, well done the Fifers media player @EFTV crew

Why are Flood Inns withdrawing sponsorship. This EFTV is for the fans and general community, not Directors or owners who are at loggerheads.
Very disappointed at Flood Inns. Seems petty to me.

Quality coverage on EFTV each week, and some of it has been hard viewing this season.

and no sign of old firm bias either in coverage or commentry!

Cant say that on other tv highlight shows........

glad to hear its continuing and keep up the excellent work

I believe there will be a collection at our next home game on Saturday. I very much hope the supporters can contribute towards keeping EFTV going. It does seem petty that flood ins have pulled the plug but hopefully we can raise the money needed to finance this for the foreseeable future. Again, well done to all involved. The highlights package is excellent and long may it contunue.

I happened to look at some highlights on Pars TV tonight & my eyes were sore from the jumpy poor quality filming even on HD! Don't wish to be rude to the people that filmed & edited them as I know the time & effort that goes into it but they were not a patch on Graeme's superb coverage. We are very lucky have this excellent service available to us. Welcome Graeme, and Stephen!

I'm surprised that no one has suggested an East Fife boycott of Flood Inns yet?

suggestion?
I'm surprised that no one has suggested an East Fife boycott of Flood Inns yet?

A sort of Flood Out?