Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Scottish premier players

Naysmith is currently lookin at Scottish premier league players to come to Bayview,cant really see any wanting to come to bayview really...But hoping we can get 1 or 2 !

Re: Scottish premier players

They'll be young boys if they do come.
Hopefully, like you say, he can arrange a couple.

Ross campell might be on is way out its in the east fife mail before u ask where I seen it about

Yeah seen that too...Not looking good just now will end up with no strikers

Aye,Ross probably goes over the halfway line too often for naysmith lol

Darren petrie, midfielder from Dundee United and eamonn brophy from Hamilton, 2 great talents

Would happy to take the new st johnstone youngster on-loan for a couple of month's can't mind his name I think it's hunter? but he recently joined from Spartans and look a real handfull in the lowland leauge for Spartans. Surely he isn't guarteed first team at Perth with Mcfadden, O'Halloran and Maclean who play upfront would make sense if he came on-loan and making use of experience and run in the first team in the football leauge would take him in flash.

Dream on fellas.

Sure we see this last season...Naysmith getting rid of players and then bringing in crap as left to last minute to bother looking

Perth man
Would happy to take the new st johnstone youngster on-loan for a couple of month's can't mind his name I think it's hunter? but he recently joined from Spartans and look a real handfull in the lowland leauge for Spartans. Surely he isn't guarteed first team at Perth with Mcfadden, O'Halloran and Maclean who play upfront would make sense if he came on-loan and making use of experience and run in the first team in the football leauge would take him in flash.

Think it's george hunter

Naysmith wanted his own team, he might not have foreseen the financial issues that have popped up. However he identified the players he wanted and got them.

McShane has already been punted out the door on loan due to his wages, then again he wasn't exactly a 1st pick. Beaton was signed and is now out on loan at Bonnyrigg, probably never to return. Moyes and Campbell where signed by him and both have been told to go. Don't think that any of the 4 players will be missed but its a fairly big percentage of his signings being allowed to leave.

If he couldn't get right over the summer why should we believe that he will get right in what's left of the transfer window.

The players signed pre season were to build a team for a promotion challenge. We now have a situation where the players now being possibly signed could be panic buys to keep us in this piss poor league.
Gary was given plenty time to offload what he didn`t want and then bring in who he wanted.
Signings, tactics,standard of football and management have been an absolute failure and I very much doubt any panic buy loan signings will help matters that much.

Fed up's last paragraph sums up Gary Naysmith precisely. Until the useless excuse for a manager goes I am another who will not be seen at Bayview again.

Yawn......yawn...........yawn. How many times is that you have not been going back?

Feel compelled to say it at each and every appropriate thread. Here is something I haven't said before. East Fife has been my team for more than 50 years and it saddens me to see the depths they have plunged to. The standard of football and management is no longer worthy of my continued support and financial outlay. On the bright side I am moving abroad and will no longer even have to consider going to Bayview, I'm off to support Valencia CF. Out and over to you!

Shambles! Relegation is a real possibility unless we get a goalscorer in pronto. Hopefully we stay up and we get a manager in who knows how to manage.

Auld Geezer
Feel compelled to say it at each and every appropriate thread. Here is something I haven't said before. East Fife has been my team for more than 50 years and it saddens me to see the depths they have plunged to. The standard of football and management is no longer worthy of my continued support and financial outlay. On the bright side I am moving abroad and will no longer even have to consider going to Bayview, I'm off to support Valencia CF. Out and over to you!

Great news!

Auld Geezer

Hope you redress the beers bought balance before you foxtrot Oscar!

Could have sworn it was DPH who first posted that??

Copper Wire
Auld Geezer

Hope you redress the beers bought balance before you foxtrot Oscar!

Nae chance, Auld Geezer drinks in Agenda.

Bored.
Could have sworn it was DPH who first posted that??
Never!

Redress the drinks balance? Yes, I will be at Montrose to collect my Valentine cards from my happy friends and to collect all the drinks due me. Over and off to Burt's bar in Buckhyne (pm) to discuss the failings of our management team with fellow stay-aways! And yes, I will miss Aliola? and Christina.

Auld Geezer
Redress the drinks balance? Yes, I will be at Montrose to collect my Valentine cards from my happy friends and to collect all the drinks due me. Over and off to Burt's bar in Buckhyne (pm) to discuss the failings of our management team with fellow stay-aways! And yes, I will miss Aliola? and Christina.

Good luck to you Auld Geezer.
Soon there will be no fans left. Why?

Because everything is shite. It's all gone wrong. Who's to blame?

Does anyone really care anymore?

Great effort by the club volunteers to get the pitch playable this afternoon.
Bring on the Shire!!!