Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
GAME OFF V EAST STIRLING

Just heard 2 minutes ago -game called off.

Re: GAME OFF V EAST STIRLING

East Fife FC @EastFifeFC · 4m 4 minutes ago
Match Off
After passing an earlier inspection the pitch has been deemed unplayable by the match referee.
0 replies 4 retweets 0 favorites
Reply Retweet4 Favorite
More

The club is just a joke having fans travel all the way there to be called off with less than an hour to go

Thats east fife for you

Why are you having a go at the club when it was the match referee that called it off not the club.

Hi Cazz

Do you know who passed the pitched at 10.30 ?

Hope it was an official and not a East Fife FC employee

cheers

It was a local referee that did the inspection at 10.30

Its got fuck all to do with the club,refs pass or fail the pitch

I was at Bayview when the first inspection by a referee (not the match referee) took place. He passed the pitch as playable but Dave Marshall said he was a bit surprised it had passed.
At 2.00 the match referee calls it off so I don't think the club could have done any more.

Surely if we know this is aproblem area on the pitch can nothing to be done to try protect it more against elements

zak
The club is just a joke having fans travel all the way there to be called off with less than an hour to go

Nothing to do with the club Zak, stop whinging for the sake of it. How long have you been watching football now and you come out with a statement like that?

I arrived at Bayview at 2.40 after travelling from St Andrews and was shocked the game was off. Popped in to reception to see what the situation was and was told it had failed inspection at 2 pm. The lady and gentleman behind desk apologised for my wasted journey but I quickly told them it wasn't the club's fault. The club were powerless as it was the ref who deemed it unplayable and are not at fault. The club badly need the income so I'm sure the board were just as pissed off if not more than the people at ground. Shit happens! I put a small contribution into EFTV fund bucket, good luck with that.

According to the clubs official website the game is due to go ahead
as planned!
as planned!!
as planned!!!
so whats the problem, I also turn up to see the game. checking every now and again with the site on my mobile.
Why does no one think to put a wee note on the clubs web site, seems reasonable to expect surely

On Saturday 7th Feb East Stirling were due to play Arbroath and we were due to play Berwick Rangers.

Both these games have already postponed due to Berwick and Arbroath still being in the Scottish Cup.

Is there any chance that we can play ES on the 7th or will the idiots who run Scottish football make us play on a later mid-week date?

It's about time the club done something about it.Surely it could invest in some sort of covering for the stand side of the pitch . farmers cover there crops with a fleece to protect them from the frost.so until the club does something about it I say it's their fault . lost interest anyway the team are playing shite.

I thought the club already had covers for the stand side.But i think they only work if the ground has no frost in it before you put them down.You cannot have covers on your pitch indefinitely.Summer football please.

Why the fuck we don't play football in the summer months is beyond me! Surely it would benefit all to reschedule season. I know people are against it and we can get frost 5 months o the year but why we don't play in June and July is just ridiculous. And for what it's worth I don't even check official website as it's terrible and would be aw well being removed! We maybe have directors who can direct one day. Can't blame club for call off yday tho.

Fifer
On Saturday 7th Feb East Stirling were due to play Arbroath and we were due to play Berwick Rangers.

Both these games have already postponed due to Berwick and Arbroath still being in the Scottish Cup.

Is there any chance that we can play ES on the 7th or will the idiots who run Scottish football make us play on a later mid-week date?

Surely to God that would be the right thing to do for both clubs?

Why is it not the match referee who makes decision at an early inspection. They are paid well enough and surely the inconvenience of an early start for them based against the travel of fans, volunteers, players and officials is a no brainer. They will surely have claimed thier fee and expenses yesterday to make a decision that in increasingly better weather was in contradiction to his colleague. The only person not out of pocket yesterday the referee.

God, another £100,000 lost!!

Auld Geezer
God, another £100,000 lost!!

I see Livingston won 5-1.

Funny how every time we lose a hundred grand, they seem to have a good day.