Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Not looking good

Not looking good just now after todays call off IF Montrose,Clyde and Elgin manage to win today We will be sitting at bottom of table..Absolute shamble for the sake of a small patchy of ice!!!! sorry my mistake we will be 2nd bottom.

Re: Not looking good

Try again!! 3rd bottom or 8th :-) but hopefully wont happen!!

OK..but down that far gonna be a tough fight back up

We can do it, be positive, 2nd half of season is gonna be better!!

Supporter68
We can do it, be positive, 2nd half of season is gonna be better!!

Just interested on what you base this optimism ! ?

Top scorer away on loan ! Threadbare squad ! Players played out of position ! Lack of confidence ! No money to bring players in to strengthen ! Yup lots of reasons to be optimistic !!

Injured players coming back means players will be played in their true positions & once we get a decent striker in & Win our games in hand!! STILL sitting 6th after todays games!! :-)

like I said above IF these teams won..Glad to see we still 6th..

Supporter68
Injured players coming back means players will be played in their true positions & once we get a decent striker in & Win our games in hand!! STILL sitting 6th after todays games!! :-)

We have two injured players, Naysmith and Smith both left backs. Liam Smith back to right back. Ross Brown dropped. Stevie Campbell our most consistent CB is going to be played in Central midfield according to EF Mail. Please tell me where we are getting a decent striker - is Messi available ? Yeah we are still 6th but miles behind 5th and only 3 points off bottom. Excuse me for not joining the Optimistic Supporters Group !

If Brown was going to be dropped today that's a disgrace.

He's done really well at RB ( thought he was just behind th new Spanish fella for MOM last home match) despite it not being his position.

For me he's one of the few in our current team that can find a player with a forward pass and should be central midfield

Not fair for Mullen as he's never a midfielder -his passing and composure is really poor and he spends too much time sliding in rather than staying on his feet.

Here's an idea Gary -start playing players in their natural position and judge them on these performances - you never know it just might work

Agree Fifer 11, I heard Ross Brown was gonna play centre mid yesterday as Fraser Mullan was suspended.

If we win our games in hand , we will be 4th .

Of course its not looking good.
we have a board of old farts happy to live in the bottom league, a manager who is utter shite and the team are hopeless because they were assembled by a manager who is hopeless.
It doesn't get any fucking worse than that!
of course, we are 4 points from rock bottom which is what we should expect given who is running the club or should that be ruining it?
Get Naysmith to fuck and bring in someone who can hopefully save us from heading into oblivion because that is where East Fife are heading under this shower of useless fucking arseholes.

mr305
If we win our games in hand , we will be 4th .

we defo need a win against Elgin should be a side we should win on paper easily but we haven't this season sadly and away from hame lets all hope we can do so and reach 4th massive task lets hope we can all happy faces if that does happen