Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Livingston better bet

Just been looking at plight of Livi. What a shambles, so it would seem to me that Rankine's better option would be to sell their shares as he has already said he would do if the case went against him. The board and trust have already stated that a community owned club was the way to go so he already has a buyer. The actual deal could be tricky because of the club's financial problems but might be overcome by adding the cost of buying to amount already owed to Rankine.

So the smoke screen of buying our shares could soon blow over. Be sure that Rankine has something up his sleeve whatever happens.

The scary thing if this is the case he will not need to hide his involvement and could be our new chairman

Re: Livingston better bet

The SFA investigation shed light on a number of goings on.

If Rankine continues to hold shares in East Fife or Livingston then there will no doubt be further investigations into those goings on.

For example STV reports an allegation made by Nixon that the £40k loaned to Livy was paid back to Rankine.

The STV article also asks questions on where the 300k raised from player sales actually went.

I suspect dispossal of both holdings is being sought so that a line can be drawn

I cannot see how he can hold on EFFC as he has publicly stated that he does nopt have any hold over the club! There is little chance that he would pass the proper persons criteria so he has to get rid of his shares in EF.

JJ you are so wide of the mark, you are causing unnecessary alarm. You say yourself you have just looked into Livi's situation. It would be more useful to this debate if you had a bit more insight than that.
Why post "Livingston Better Bet"? Are you trying to put people off?

uh-oh
JJ you are so wide of the mark, you are causing unnecessary alarm. You say yourself you have just looked into Livi's situation. It would be more useful to this debate if you had a bit more insight than that.
Why post "Livingston Better Bet"? Are you trying to put people off?

I was only trying to put Rankine's choices on view. If you were he what would you chose?

JJ
The scary thing if this is the case he will not need to hide his involvement and could be our new chairman

I was thinking along the same line but no one thought it could be possible not even myself thinking well if the current interim chairman is temporary it seems and the board doesn't seem to get any younger.
can rankine give up his shares and then become chairman at the club after all maybe I don't know but sure is scary thought if he chooses to give up interest at Almondvale and went onto fully own a club as chairman that have interest in it could well be a posiablity and scary thought Rankin could aim at taking full control of a football club and he'll have the backing of Miss/Mrs Twigg's at their current address in doing so if he was ever looking at becoming chairman maybe it's already plan to take over from stevenson as mike Ashley is having the same issue regarding his involvement over at ibrox looked at but it's a scary thought and suitation if one day he was chairman of a club, a man who has ever brought dark clouds over east fife for many years behind former chairman's and have views of the club while helping other clubs in much needed help to dig them out and still find their still going round circles since.

I see Lee Murray has managed to crawl away unscathed! How he managed to fuck things up in such a short space of time is crazy. Fat crook of a man. Cheers for leaving unpaid bills and a huge financial mess before you left, you were not the only one but was managing director at said time. Well done! Hope Celtic fuck u's at weekend. Erse

Well I've removed Lee from my twitter feed, it's getting all Rangers this, Rangers that. Guess he's just showing where his loyalties always were. He was never an East Fife man, in it simply for the reflective glory of being a senior club chairman and nobbing about with his blue nose chums last season.