Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Land sale now completed

From the official site, the club has now confirmed that they have now sold the land surrounding Bayview. We all know who to and they should hang their heads in shame. Won't be back after this.

Re: Land sale now completed

Disgusted
From the official site, the club has now confirmed that they have now sold the land surrounding Bayview. We all know who to and they should hang their heads in shame. Won't be back after this.

You have a right to be disgusted if you want, but if you welcomed McNeil, Murray, Hamilton and various others to Bayview last season (and I assume you did - where does that leave you decision making) you have no right to be disgusted. I assume the reason the land was sold off was to pay for the mess our club has been left in financially, otherwise they would not have sold the land off I assume. If it puts us in a better position financially it can only be for the best. If you are so disgusted go down to Bayview and complain face to face, no that's not you style, you would rather snipe from behind a keyboard.

The mess that the current board stood back and let happen.

If that is what is needed to stabilise the club then what else can be done. The thing I do have issue with is the lack of transparency and detail regarding the land sale. If the directors want everyone to pull together for East Fife then there has to be more openness and transparency before any fan will trust the current board.

Why was the land sold with no advertisement in the national press? Why was it only offered to one person? Who made that decision?

Complete lack of info from the site on the entire situation. Our club is a mess.

Complete and utter shambles. I'm actually embarrassed.

Is this the land on which the young footballers train??????

Disgusted

They will probably ruin for our club, no need for demons ruining our club, this is why our club should be community owned and not slowly dying, utter shambles off the pitch gtf Rankine killing us and Livi he needs to sell is shares in East Fife asap.

Lets be honest here. Rankine is nothing but a greedy selfish bastard who was only ever interested in the land. He has got what he wanted.
Johnston & Twigg are no better.
The lot of them are scum and we need to get rid of them one way or another.

The only way is to protest. Same way that got rid of the cancer that was Derick Brown. BAD PUBLICITY WORKS!

I HATE RANKINE
Lets be honest here. Rankine is nothing but a greedy selfish bastard who was only ever interested in the land. He has got what he wanted.
Johnston & Twigg are no better.
The lot of them are scum and we need to get rid of them one way or another.

The only way is to protest. Same way that got rid of the cancer that was Derick Brown. BAD PUBLICITY WORKS!

The mound

The land sale is absolute proof, beyond reasonable doubt, that Rankine controls East Fife. This deal has been done now to 'beat' the February 13 deadline.

The running of the club is a complete joke and not that funny.

We've now pretty much got no assets as a club.

I heard that the access land to the industrial park was owned by East Fife and East Fife earned money every time a company built at the docks. I hope the cunt hasn't got hold of that.

Who is it that has bought it? How do you kbow its rankin responsible?

No transparency whatsoever! The club is a shambles. The current board of four should be ashamed of themselves. The club has been run right into the ground. Well done

Not so disgusted.
Disgusted

You have a right to be disgusted if you want, but if you welcomed McNeil, Murray, Hamilton and various others to Bayview last season (and I assume you did - where does that leave you decision making) you have no right to be disgusted. I assume the reason the land was sold off was to pay for the mess our club has been left in financially, otherwise they would not have sold the land off I assume. If it puts us in a better position financially it can only be for the best. If you are so disgusted go down to Bayview and complain face to face, no that's not you style, you would rather snipe from behind a keyboard.

Absolutely clueless.

Was this land sold on the open market or sold to the first person who came along?

Would it not have been in East Fife Football Club's best interest to have put the land up for sale in the open market to achieve the best price possible? Was the land valued? If so, who by?

Would it not have been in East Fife Football Club's best interest to have put the land up for sale in the open market to achieve the best price possible? Was the land valued? If so, who by?

Disgusted that the land has been sold to Rankin,however he has got what he always wanted ,and now he may just crawl back into his hole that he came from.As for the "gang off 4",i think there hands were tied in the matter,although i'm still disgusted they could not find a way to work with the trust or vise versa,cause there so much shite posted on here,many supporters I talk to,have no idea who to believe.I'm also totally pissed off at the amount off money we seemed to have lost/misplaced or whatever other words you want to use,esp from last season.I still really feel for the future off our club.We might be o.k for this season,however NEXT season could be,football wise, a hell off a lot worse!!!!

Courier reporting that the land has been sold for a six figure sum, all this money will go straight back into East Fife football club. Also reported that East Fife will get 15% of any sell on. The biggest worry in the report is that the deal will remain private and no details will be given. How can the board expect the fans to get on board with all this cloak and dagger stuff behind the scenes. Someone once said the game is nothing without fans, our board are alienating every fan with all this secrecy. I could see the next A.G.M being held in London.

fan67
Courier reporting that the land has been sold for a six figure sum, all this money will go straight back into East Fife football club. Also reported that East Fife will get 15% of any sell on. The biggest worry in the report is that the deal will remain private and no details will be given. How can the board expect the fans to get on board with all this cloak and dagger stuff behind the scenes. Someone once said the game is nothing without fans, our board are alienating every fan with all this secrecy. I could see the next A.G.M being held in London.

All this cloak and dagger stuff is because a faceless, cowardly, greedy shit is still in control of OUR club.
We need everyone, Directors, EFSS and most importantly all supporters to unite and get rid of this rat so we can map our own direction for the good of the club.

Fifer
fan67

All this cloak and dagger stuff is because a faceless, cowardly, greedy shit is still in control of OUR club.
We need everyone, Directors, EFSS and most importantly all supporters to unite and get rid of this rat so we can map our own direction for the good of the club.

And let's not forget the people at the club who constantly and continually denied any Rankine involvement whatsoever in East Fife? We MUST rid the club of these guys. Complicit in the Rankine cover up.

Why is every one scared of Rankine? Take the fight to his doorstep and make his life a misery.

Am I right in saying that basically Rankine is just giving the club back the money he took?

Am I right in saying that basically Rankine is just giving the club back the money he took?

Curious

I wish you were right. Rankine never 'gives'. He is taking land for a price that he named. No-one has challenged that price. He has made a deal that is right for him, again.

So let's try to understand.

Is it the case that the guy officially deemed to be in control of the Club has sold the land to himself for a secret price and without admitting that it's himself he's sold it to?

And the Club directors, who must by law, act in the interests of ALL the Club's shareholders, are supporting this state of affairs?

And these are the same people who are also trying to find a way to hand him several hundred grand as well?

Or am I misunderstanding?

KotS
So let's try to understand.

Is it the case that the guy officially deemed to be in control of the Club has sold the land to himself for a secret price and without admitting that it's himself he's sold it to?

And the Club directors, who must by law, act in the interests of ALL the Club's shareholders, are supporting this state of affairs?

And these are the same people who are also trying to find a way to hand him several hundred grand as well?

Or am I misunderstanding?

Seems to be about right.

One for the Serious Fraud Office now.

Curious

From this comment do I take it that the money from the Rangers game that was put by for a rainy day is being used to buy the land? So in effect the land has been given away. Any evidence on what happened to this money, it seems to have gone quiet on this front.

Doesn't the Trust have rights as a minority shareholder?

I'm confused? Does the land mean the land on old power station building or both that and stadium grounds plus both car park ends?
What will it be useful for Rankin? will that mean a tesco's will be built. If we ever wanted to extended stadium capacity in the future will that mean it won't happen and if we did we would have to build a complete new stadium elsewhere or buy the land back again not that anything like that happens unless we are successful on the park than off it.

Just curious of how big the land covers and what that means? No that much action we done with the land ourselfs only to see a training pitch be built on the other side of the stadium and plans of stadium expansions fell through the roof no much we could of done but should of sold to better people than what I'm hearing who we sold the land to.

My guess is that the land sold is land which controls access to elsewhere, so if a developer wants to develop the area they need access or control of that land. Thus it could be worth quite the pretty penny to the buyer down the line.

Sadly the club won't benefit more than 15%.

The way people are going on here, you would almost think it suited the owner to let the club run into financial trouble so that the directors were forced to sell him the land!!! Hang on....