Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Montrose game

Mon the Fife! Let's keep the momentum going and get on a winning streak to establish the team at the top end of the table rather than the bottom.

Best of luck to the team and management team today.

Mon the Fife

Re: Montrose game

Montrose 0 East Fife 1 at HT S. Dickson scored

2-0 Ross brown 😍😉☺️😊

3 - 0 Fraser Mullen 86 minutes

Final Whistle

Montrose 0 East Fife 3

Well Done to all.

Another excellent result, made my weekend!
Hope the reported injuries to Kevin Smith and Adeyemo today are not serious

Under the cosh a bit in first half, they played long ball to centre forward. Much better second half and could have been more in the end. Some good passing football at times, certainly look better when they get the ball down and play, great strike from Fraser ! Thought centre halfs were a bit edgy but both fullbacks and midfield played very well.

Excellent win & still unbeaten in 2015. Another 3 points picked up on our travels this week and today we managed to keep a clean sheet which is good also, great win boys keep this up and we should be in play-offs. however we still have two games in hand which will help us achieve 4th place in a few weeks if we keep this run going.

2015 so far...
Played 4
Wins 2
Draws 2
Losts 0
Points 8
Position 6th

Well done to lads, Gary and the staff at East Fife FC, things are looking very promising good week of football and supporting the club, Amazing

Players struggled to adapt to the surface early on and the defence was breached a few times but good goalkeeping and the post kept Montrose at bay. A great move down the left side saw Fraser Mullen put in a great cross for Sean Dickson to get between two defenders to head home. Two changes were made at halftime with Fash and Alan Cook replacing Kevin Smith and Ola Adeyemo. Ross Campbell almost equalised for Montrose when he met a cross and hammered it just wide.
The second goal came from a cross from the left which Fash met and headed back across the face of goal for Ross Brown to bundle home. The third goal was straight from the training ground with players making runs into the box and Ross Brown rolling the pass to Fraser Mullen who hit a low shot into the corner.
Lots of good possession in the second half and some good Football once players adapted to the surface especially Page and Jules who struggled in the first half. Hopefully Smith & Adeyemo are not seriously injured as we are going to need our full squad in the coming weeks. Three huge home games coming up which could define our season. A great start to 2015 and hopefully the team can grow in confidence and keep these results coming.
BTW can we play Montrose every week !!??

Good win today, great to get the 3 points again!! Well done to all the team :-)

the management team deserve credit for changing the midfield set up after 30 mins when we could have been 2 goals down.We looked far more comfortable after that.Montrose,s long balls to Wood caused problems to Julen and Page first half but they coped well second half.Julen,s run down the right wing beating 3 men was a highlight.Fash again made a great difference when he came on and Cook looked dangerous.Have to say apart from a great goal Fraser Mullen had his best game for the club.

Cooky's cross for the second goal was sensational!

Why has the amount of posts dropped off in the past few days. Is it because the moaners have not got much to say???

Well done the Fife. Players and management team. Can't wait till next game.

Strange game. We could've been 3:0 down and scored against the run of play. The midfield does not seem to function as a unit - maybe a 'midfield general' required?

AYE credit where credit is due, team played well in second half & our midfield bossed the game & deserved to Win, well done team!! :-)

Adeyemo not injured according to Dougie Anderson, was a tactical sub, hope Kev Smith ok for Sat after a knock to his knee!!

Who Am I
Why has the amount of posts dropped off in the past few days. Is it because the moaners have not got much to say???

Well done the Fife. Players and management team. Can't wait till next game.

So 2 wins and who am i is getting stiff at the thought of a brighter future.
Look around you son. Things are far from rosy at East Fife and will take a damn sight more than a couple of wins to right so many wrongs.

I'm afraid The Mighty Quinn retired a few years ago!!

Hey Mr JAKE THE PEG when did we last win 2 away games in a row. Is that not a good thing. I know there's a lot wrong off the park but getting results on the park is no bad thing.

Ps if you want to call me son then you would have to be 85+ so back off into your depressive state.

Who Am I
Hey Mr JAKE THE PEG when did we last win 2 away games in a row. Is that not a good thing. I know there's a lot wrong off the park but getting results on the park is no bad thing.

Ps if you want to call me son then you would have to be 85+ so back off into your depressive state.

Of course it`s a good thing Mr "Who am i" but cool yer jets eh.
You`re having a pop at the moaners and i like a good moan, like most on here.

ps
I`m 109

I take your point oh wise old man. Consider my jets cooled. I bow to your superior wisdom.

Still 2 really good wins in a row, unbeaten in 2015, win our games in hand and we are in play off places. Woops there I go again????

Ps enjoyed the banter Jake.

An excellent result. Well done East Fife.

Its good to see someone else being confident in the team, 2 great wins will give the lads confidence going into next game, roll on Saturday!! :-)

Who Am I
I take your point oh wise old man. Consider my jets cooled. I bow to your superior wisdom.

Still 2 really good wins in a row, unbeaten in 2015, win our games in hand and we are in play off places. Woops there I go again????

Ps enjoyed the banter Jake.

Here's to 3 in a row

Montrose manager George Shields has resigned. Saturday's result must have been too much for him.

Jack
Montrose manager George Shields has resigned. Saturday's result must have been too much for him.

Losing 3 times to East Fife to the tune 0 goals scored and 10 conceded would be enough for anybody.

I seem to remember a wee while back, when things weren't going so good, suggesting that Gary is the best left back at the club, and should be the first name on the team sheet. It looks like he has read my comments, and things are looking up. Hope to be there this week, subject to Harry and Ernie being allowed out of their respective Care Homes. Please form an orderly queue for autographs, and mine's a red red wine.