Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
O/T: Board Member Resigns as he does not have backing of fans

I see that James Easdale has resigned from the Rangers Board. In his statement he says

"I personally feel to remain on the board even after securing shareholder backing once more would be a hollow victory for me without the fans' support to help the club go forward.

After what the fans have been through with previous owners and managements, it is hardly surprising they are heartily sick of the whole affair and they now seek another way forward.

If a pragmatic solution is not achieved, we will see this endless acrimony continue and it would make the job of attracting fans back to Ibrox even more difficult."

Re: O/T: Board Member Resigns as he does not have backing of fans

What's that to do with East Fife or just your obsession urfacing yet again.

Martin Black
What's that to do with East Fife or just your obsession urfacing yet again.

Absolutely nothing Martin, which is presumably why it clearly states that the subject is Off-Topic (O/T)!!!

A board member has realized that for the club to progress the board and fans need to be united - The board going ahead in isolation will not end well.

Parallels can be drawn between the Rangers situation and the situation at East Fife.

I hope those on our board don't make the mistake that Easdales have made.

Martin - if you see my obsession as being a united East Fife.... you are spot on.

G_Mal
A board member has realized that for the club to progress the board and fans need to be united - The board going ahead in isolation will not end well.

Parallels can be drawn between the Rangers situation and the situation at East Fife.

I hope those on our board don't make the mistake that Easdales have made.

Martin - if you see my obsession as being a united East Fife.... you are spot on.

G-Mal, you are pointing the finger at the directors yet again. My fear is that the EFFS cannot progress without the support of the directors. The directors have the same right as the supporters group, to ask for certain information from them, yet all you say is that it is only the EFSS that have questions that must be answered. For example, they asked how much money is likely to be raised by EFSS and you think that it doesn't matter, while expecting them to withdraw their bid? It matters very much in my opinion and surely by anybody else of sound mind, especially if they may be about to take part in a joint financial venture.

I say to you again, YOU and one or two others who post on this subject, are doing more harm than good to our cause, with your relentless assault and aspersions on the directors.

I see your obsession as being committed to getting rid of the current directors, who you continually describe as the gang of four. I just wish you would give it a rest and let the two groups get on with it, instead of continually trying to turn other supporters against the directors, who seem to have more than helped, in turning the teams fortunes around on the pitch.

Realist

G-Mal, you are pointing the finger at the directors yet again.

I'm not.

Realist

My fear is that the EFFS cannot progress without the support of the directors.

The EFSS (and before that the Trust) have operated with and without director support on a number of issues and I am sure the will continue to do so. For the EFSS to be involved with a post-Rankine East Fife I think we agree that this would be better with the directors on board.

Realist

The directors have the same right as the supporters group, to ask for certain information from them, yet all you say is that it is only the EFSS that have questions that must be answered. For example, they asked how much money is likely to be raised by EFSS and you think that it doesn't matter, while expecting them to withdraw their bid? It matters very much in my opinion and surely by anybody else of sound mind, especially if they may be about to take part in a joint financial venture.

Absolutely - the directors will have questions and concerns of the EFSS that must be answered before any joint venture. The combined funds need to be enough to buy the club AND have working capital to get the thing up and running (with perhaps a negotiated debt write down with the creditors). ANY bid from ANY party should only be made if the bid is a sensible valuation and it removes the present owner. IMO the Go4 bid should be withdrawn because it fails both those tests. Furthermore, while the Go4 bid is in place, no other party will come forward since no other party will pay anything close to what the Go4 are paying (up).

Realist

I say to you again, YOU and one or two others who post on this subject, are doing more harm than good to our cause, with your relentless assault and aspersions on the directors.

I see your obsession as being committed to getting rid of the current directors, who you continually describe as the gang of four. I just wish you would give it a rest and let the two groups get on with it, instead of continually trying to turn other supporters against the directors, who seem to have more than helped, in turning the teams fortunes around on the pitch.

Sorry that you feel that this is a relentless assault on the directors. This is not my intent. Like everyone on this Forum, East Fife matter a great deal to me. I fear for the future of MY club...OUR club. I do not believe the Go4's solo bid will take the club forward. And like the Go4s funding problem, I do not believe the EFSS will be able to raise the funds on their own. But I do believe a combined bid gives the best chance of success and I am committed to doing what little I can to see this happen.

Yes at times directors at clubs across the land face unfair criticism and indeed abuse. And this is wrong. But the directors also face probing and challenging questions. These questions should not be shied away from. They should be accepted as part of the privilege of being a director.