Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Elgin away

Would anyone who is traveling to the game on 3rd of march vs Elgin via car mind doing a fellow fifer a favour.
I'm a 15 year old fan wanting to go to the game, but not trusted on the train myself(and don't think there is one after 9ocklock. Would anyone mind giving me a lolift through and back? Will of course give petrol money, thanks. Anything to see the fife play

Re: Elgin away

Can you not try supporters bus mate

No supporters bus sadly

No supporters bus going sadly

ewan
Would anyone who is traveling to the game on 3rd of march vs Elgin via car mind doing a fellow fifer a favour.
I'm a 15 year old fan wanting to go to the game, but not trusted on the train myself(and don't think there is one after 9ocklock. Would anyone mind giving me a lolift through and back? Will of course give petrol money, thanks. Anything to see the fife play

I'm also needing a lift, gonna have to skip school to go tho.

This is a really important thread. One which can not go without highlighting. Here we have 2 15 year old boys from Levenmouth / Methil who between them have not even thought of illegal activity in car hijack or robbery but would rather politely ask if anyone can give them a lift ....... AND offer to give Petrol Money....... JEEESO The world is changing well done lads keep it up lol

There's a twist, I'm from Glenrothes

Laddie don't get too worked over this. It's a TUesday night, and I'm sure the players will not be expecting many fans there anyway. Bunking off school is not a good idea either, and you will probably be half a sleep if you make it in on Wednesday. Are you not in the middle of prelims at the moment? What are you're priorities? I've played at ELgin with the FIfe, and I can safely say it's not the place to be on a cold winters night in March!! Stay home, do your homework, turn up for school, and in the long term you will be glad you got those standard grades after all.

On the other hand I know Stevie Campbell well. Maybe I could arrange for you to get a seat on the team bus. He lives in Glenrothes and so do I, and I don't consider that a problem at all.

An East Fife Leg End
Laddie don't get too worked over this. It's a TUesday night, and I'm sure the players will not be expecting many fans there anyway. Bunking off school is not a good idea either, and you will probably be half a sleep if you make it in on Wednesday. Are you not in the middle of prelims at the moment? What are you're priorities? I've played at ELgin with the FIfe, and I can safely say it's not the place to be on a cold winters night in March!! Stay home, do your homework, turn up for school, and in the long term you will be glad you got those standard grades after all.

On the other hand I know Stevie Campbell well. Maybe I could arrange for you to get a seat on the team bus. He lives in Glenrothes and so do I, and I don't consider that a problem at all.

I will still attend school the next game. I have completed all my prelims and will complete homework at another time. If you could get in touch with Stevie for me that would be greatly appreciated. And I don't care where east fife play, when they play or who they are playing. I want to watch them

Good lad. Sounds like you are sorted on the acedemic front, although the you didn't say what marks you got. I'll try to get in touch with Stevie, although I think the decision, as to whether or not you can get on the team bus, will not be his. Don't build your hopes up o.k.

Do you play football? If so, who with?mer4l5

ewan
An East Fife Leg End

I will still attend school the next game. I have completed all my prelims and will complete homework at another time. If you could get in touch with Stevie for me that would be greatly appreciated. And I don't care where east fife play, when they play or who they are playing. I want to watch them

What about me? I also don't care how far we play I will still follow.

An East Fife Leg End
Good lad. Sounds like you are sorted on the acedemic front, although the you didn't say what marks you got. I'll try to get in touch with Stevie, although I think the decision, as to whether or not you can get on the team bus, will not be his. Don't build your hopes up o.k.

Do you play football? If so, who with?mer4l5

I passed them all, and yeah i play for Glenrothes Colts u16;s, if not its fine but would be good if you can.

Sorry Ultra, didn't realise there are others in the same position. Could someone not organise a mini bus if you have sufficient numbers? On the other hand you could pray for snow, have the game cancelled, and get it re-scheduled for a Saturday!
Good luck today. Won't manage along as I'm baby sitting my grandson, and going to see Paul play at Kelty.

When is your next home game, and where do you play? Is it Overstenton Park?

Next home game is On Saturday at warout stadium playing fields. WhaWhat's your name?

My names Peter McQuade. I played for East Fife from 1967 to 1972 and in August 2008 I was awarded the status of an official EAst FIfe legend. I call myself a Leg End. You can check this out on the All Time Greats post.
What time does your game k.o and what position do you play?

Game kicks off at 11 and I play upfront. I'm only playing one half as I'm going to Hampden

Hope to come along and watch the first half. I live in Pitcheur so it's handy enough. I phoned Steven's number and left a message on his voice mail. Hope he'll get back to me sometime today. Will let you know how I get on.

Just off the phone to Steven. The manager has a policy that only the players travel on the. Tem bus, so I'm afraid it's a no go. Hope you're not too disappointed.

Ewan

Try posting on Twitter or Facebook. You will get retweets and shares to reach the East Fife fans out there. More chance of getting someone to offer you a lift.