Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
ground sharing

Any truth to the rumour of ground sharing with AM Soccer .They are applying to enter the lowland league and backed by lee Murray.Do we really want to ground share with a grass pitch.

Re: ground sharing

curious
Any truth to the rumour of ground sharing with AM Soccer .They are applying to enter the lowland league and backed by lee Murray.Do we really want to ground share with a grass pitch.

AM Soccer at OUR ground? No way, they can upgrade their own ground, just need probably a few thousand grand.

we defo need plastic pitch if we are to ground share not grass specially during the winter months at Bayview. Can they not ground share with Leven Utd at King george 5th park instead until we get plastic pitch and be like stenhousemuir & East Stirling type club but again we won't groud share unless they pay rent to hire bayview out every week keeps the cost and running of the team who play their games at Bayview in good shape that is East Fife.

Leven United already ground share with our ladies team.

Anything that has anything to do with that bandit Murray ,should be stearded well clear off, in my book.

enfifer
Anything that has anything to do with that bandit Murray ,should be stearded well clear off, in my book.

Any team that has such a stupid name doesn't deserve to groundshare with anyone.

Terracing Now!
enfifer

Any team that has such a stupid name doesn't deserve to groundshare with anyone.

agree i think Leven Utd has more chance in making it than a newly formed team by the name of that must be a wind up surely trying to apply for the Scottish leagues in lowland section and ground share with East Fife made by our former chairman who we all know quite well quit after one season following relegation and no rangers. We are doing much better on the park without him in the helm it has to say just need get the boardroom sorted out under this temporary chairman personally i wouldn't want him anywhere near bayview again if things turn out sour like stenny/shire here and money going missing etc...big no and we have grass so wouldn't work in the long run even through the winter months all the call offs so nope just leave this as an rumour like the rumour murray has plans for a firework display worked quite well, didn't it?

Before everyone goes off on one, bad mouthing AM Soccer, can I just point out that it is one of the most respected football academies in Scotland. Well run, with a great football ethic.
I suggest you put the LM issue to the side and look at the possibilities.

I noticed this story in one of the national papers so has this possibility already been discussed at a higher level?. It stated they would be using Bayview.

curious
I noticed this story in one of the national papers so has this possibility already been discussed at a higher level?. It stated they would be using Bayview.

Did you? Which paper?

Had to laugh at the earlier statement "backed by Lee Murray". God help AM Soccer if he backs them to a £146k loss. Good luck

How can people possibly be moaning at this. You are talking about one of the largest/ most we'll run youth academy with around 300+ youngsters who currently go to Dundee United if they are good, now there is a chance for us to take the cream of the crop from them.

If folk were as positive as this idea we would be fine, absolutely brilliant idea and I'm well up for it!

AM Soccer run one of the best football academies in Scotland, generating a quality if youth player that East Fife can only dream of. Properly structured with several full time coaches and many more part time coaches. The founder is currently Assistant Coach for Northern Ireland.
Instead of stupid ill informed posts, look into what they do, for an "amateur" team they are far more professional than East Fife

Terracing Now!
enfifer

Have you taken the time to wonder why it's called AMSoccer?

Where is it mentioned AMSoccer is backed by LM, as far as I can see it's main sponsor is Ballie Gigffod, an Edinburgh based investment fund with 40 working partners.

Austin McPhee seems to know what he is doing, something that would be welcome at Bayview.

Precisely, just looked and they now have 500 players. They have a vast array of coaches and their own cup.

This opportunity should be grabbed full on and taken in by us. 14 players have signed for Dundee United from them and 3 (THREE) went to Barcelona...