Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Latest Score

Score 1-1 in 86 min Austin scored EF goal

Re: Latest Score

finished 2-1 to Fife

Get in !!! 2-1

We won 2-1

Today's attendance reported as 499.

riordan with the winner

Scenes, scenes everywhere!!!

Crowd was bigger than 499! Best 2nd half I have seen for ages... Great to see the players celebrate in front of supporters for winner.. Deek went mental when he scored too which was good to see

What a game at Bayview with the right result. Well done the Fife for battering Annan. Annan can have no qualms about the result because for the first 20/25minutes of the second half it was like a game of combi (remember that).

East Fife deserved a win cos they battled despite going one down against the run of play.

Is there not a business out there that can sponsor Riordan for the rest of the season cos he is a goal sniffer.

Well done every player, they all played their part today.

Taking the wife to the pictures to celebrate by the way ( not 50 shades though that would be too much excitement in one day)

Also so happy to get one over on Chapman the Annan manager. He was constantly moaning at the assistant referee, tried to slow things down when his team were one up then complete turn around when they were one down.

What aboutAnnan's substitute electronic board????????? Glad I am not the guy who holds it up???

Brilliant second half and much more potent with 2 up front. Be good to keep Riordan to the end of the season, defo still do a job for us. Special mention to Fash who was outstanding today

Hope that shuts up the same people who moan about fash week in week out who look like they can't run the length of themselves he's a young player who is quite visibly getting better every week!

Well done to every East Fife player today, battered Annan in second half & deserved the 3 points. Tough game on tues night now but confidence should be high, then wee trip to Hampden. Finally we're looking good for run in :-)

T0
Hope that shuts up the same people who moan about fash week in week out who look like they can't run the length of themselves he's a young player who is quite visibly getting better every week!

You'll never manage to shut up the moaners, wouldn't matter how well you do they will be moaning about one mistake. Fash has been excellent the last few games he has played in. Did really well for his goal today and worked his socks off !! As did all the team.

Great result and determination to get back into the game after losing a goal against the run of play. Fash was outstanding and gave their defenders a torrid time. Hope Fraser Mullen recovers quickly from his injury as he has been playing well recently. Thought Alan Walker played well when he came on - maybe had a point to prove after being dropped today. Delighted to see Derek Riordan grabbing his first goal for the club with a great near post run to meet Ross Browns cross. Great to see Ross back to his best too. Hopefully we can keep the unbeaten run going at Elgin on Tuesday and go to Hampden full of confidence next weekend. Well done to Gary and the boys. C'mon the Fife !

Even at 1-1 I thought it was the best performance of the season! I just cannot believe the utter drivel that some people shout during the game. They are never happy no matter how we are playing. At one point the manager was called a useless bastard! Just how does anyone think that will encourage the team?
Thankfully most of the crowd could see the effort that was being given by every player & I am sure that helped drive them on to the win. Loved the fact that every outfield player celebrated the winning goal.
Elgin on Tuesday is another huge game but looking forward to it

Who Am I
Also so happy to get one over on Chapman the Annan manager. He was constantly moaning at the assistant referee, tried to slow things down when his team were one up then complete turn around when they were one down.

What aboutAnnan's substitute electronic board????????? Glad I am not the guy who holds it up???

To be fair, Jim Chapman shook the hand of every east fife player and bench at the end of the game.

That was one of the most entertaining 90 at Bayview in a long time. East Fife never gave up and more than dederved the win. Annan aren't a bad side but even they knew they were on the ropes in the 2nd half. Every player played their part. Fash took his goal well and Riorden shows that extra quality at this level. I hope he will stay to the end of the season.

Well done all on a fantastc game

That's the best i'v seen us play at Bayview for a long time.Thought Fash was excellent today and worked his socks off.Julian at the back was again outstanding.Its just a pitty we got him in January and not in September as we are looking solid at the back since he has arrived.Special mention to Fleming.He has his "momments" however made a cracking save at 1 each.I know we never tested there keeper much,esp with the amount of pressure we put on them,HOWEVER ,I thought there defence were excellent today and protected there young goalkeeper well.

From the Courier:
Riordan Makes The Difference