Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Riordan signs

Does anyone think we should get signs asking Riordan to sign until the end of the season and display them at Elgin?

Re: Riordan signs

Well played sir!!

This from Twitter:
Scott Inglis ‏@ScottInglisEFM
Just off the phone to @EastFifeFC boss Gary Naysmith. Says Derek Riordan has been offered a deal by the club but talks will continue...

Clarence
Does anyone think we should get signs asking Riordan to sign until the end of the season and display them at Elgin?

I would like him to sign. But are we now the shop window?

Just another has been , trying to bleed as much money out of clubs who can hardly afford to stay alive , These players / parasites don't give a monkeys fuck about east fife , as long as they get paid or move on to a bigger MONEY DEAL . You are kidding yourself if you think this guy wants to play for our club , he wants MONEY , from us the supporters and club for his own gain . wont commit till after his 3rd game ? AYE ? wait n see if anybody else offers him more fuckin MONEY .

seek o these c'nts
Just another has been , trying to bleed as much money out of clubs who can hardly afford to stay alive , These players / parasites don't give a monkeys fuck about east fife , as long as they get paid or move on to a bigger MONEY DEAL . You are kidding yourself if you think this guy wants to play for our club , he wants MONEY , from us the supporters and club for his own gain . wont commit till after his 3rd game ? AYE ? wait n see if anybody else offers him more fuckin MONEY .

Jeez...

So what's he to do play for free and get fifer tattooed on his forehead

seek o these c'nts

Obviously a trolling jambo fanny. If he signs he signs . If he doesn't he doesn't? There won't be a lot of money on offer. Bleed the club of money. You are having a laugh as there is none. Know the facts before you troll - away and self phelate you prick!

Clearly he's playing for money, that's his job. I hope we do sign him, bang in a few goals and help us reach the play offs and put himself in shop windows for bigger club. It's a win win situation. Mon the Fife

DPH
Clearly he's playing for money, that's his job. I hope we do sign him, bang in a few goals and help us reach the play offs and put himself in shop windows for bigger club. It's a win win situation. Mon the Fife

Clearly he's not playing for money with us as he's only been a trialist and East Fife have been giving him "petrol money" according to the gaffer in the papers. Clearly he wants to get his career back on track. Of course he's going to use East Fife as a shop window. What's wrong with that? If he signs till the end of the season for limited cash and helps get us promotion, where's the problem?

Like most players and managers that come to east fife its a shop window or a stepping stone and I think its always been like that in my time as a supporter. The point I was trying to make previously is if he scores tonight will some other team come in and make a better offer. Then he will not be around for the rest of the season.

Duh
DPH

Clearly he's not playing for money with us as he's only been a trialist and East Fife have been giving him "petrol money" according to the gaffer in the papers. Clearly he wants to get his career back on track. Of course he's going to use East Fife as a shop window. What's wrong with that? If he signs till the end of the season for limited cash and helps get us promotion, where's the problem?
Where do i say there's a problem? He's at us playing for peanuts in the hope he can attract interest from a club who are in a position to offer him a good wage so yeah footballers tend to play for money and the love of the game. I have no problem, as I say it's a win win situation. Hope that clears it up for you.

Surprised this site allows the kind of smut on the site ,I think it is terrable and should not be allowed ,it only shows how low intelligence apes come on this site.

Fingers and toes crossed we can keep Riordan until the end of the season. 2 goals and a few assists in 3 games and he's rusty! Here's hoping.

Could be the difference between making the play-off's or missing out. Hope we can get have him for the rest of the season.

Hopefully the fact we are part time means he can spend more time with his new baby too and he sees that as a positive.

I don't know if he's back in Edinburgh, but if he is, the commute to Methil for training is an easy one.

I really, really hope he accepts the deal on offer

East Fife train in Edinburgh at the moment so should be another positive for Derek to sign.

If Riordan signs we will defo make playoffs. We have tricky away game to queens park then east stirling away followed by 3 home games now with the signing of Riordan the momentum we have I'd say most of the next 5 are now winnable we won't be that far away the top 3 who are free falling as off late. I know its no chance but I would b looking to the teams above us rather than below and you never know

Efifer
East Fife train in Edinburgh at the moment so should be another positive for Derek to sign.

He doesn't stay in Edinburgh.

Hes agreed terms,absolutely delighted,well done Gary

Viewpark Fifer
Hes agreed terms,absolutely delighted,well done Gary

Great news.

Clarence

The 'Riordan signs' seem to have worked then.

I believe that Deek stays in Airth or he used to

Is he available to play tomorrow?

Just seen on the EF Twitter page that he has now officially signed. Good news