Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
all quiet?

nothing posted for 2 days. This has gone through so must be lack of interest is pervading the site

Re: all quiet?

Not worried, still in 4th place, hard done by last Saturday with goal chopped off wrongly, we'll be back on track this saturday coming!! :-)

Tough game this weekend with injuries and suspensions, will be a hard game, would expect to see Riordan playing upfront for this one, hopefully have enough to take a 3 important points from this game.

Is this a grass pitch or 3G astro.?

The matchup will be played out on the synthetic.

With some primary roster players missing we might see more of the backup line.

I'd like to see Paige get into more offensive positions. His headshots will bring goals.

I think we'll be in the playoffs come the end of the regular season.

Hey SoccerGrant get back stateside ya fud! ;-)
This will be THE hardest game of the run-in for us IMO

G_Mal

I'd like to see Paige get into more offensive positions. His headshots will bring goals.

You made it to the Seattle game, then.

KotS
G_Mal

You made it to the Seattle game, then.

Like, oh my god, I soooooo totally went there. It was super swell awesome.

On something completely different. It seems to have all gone quiet on the Neil Rankine matter. I've trawled through everything I can think off but can't find anything. Have I missed it.

Cardiff Fifer
On something completely different. It seems to have all gone quiet on the Neil Rankine matter. I've trawled through everything I can think off but can't find anything. Have I missed it.

The silence is overwhelming. Speaks volumes about this subject and has major implications on whether I invest in the club.

Cardiff Fifer,I am currently out of the country and am quite astonished that no-one from EFSS has replied to your question.
I am not close enough to knowing what the current situation is with regards Neil Rankine but I suspect that currently , he is still owner.
When I left the UK,East Fife Board of Directors alone had made an offer to purchase Neil Rankine's shares.Again this purchase was to be over a period of years, 5 I believe, which would have vested ownership in the current 4 directors of East Fife.The directors would then sell these shares.
I do not know what would happen if the Director's defaulted in their payment to Neil Rankine.
EFSS initially wished to make a counteroffer to buy the shares from Neil Rankine and are currently asking the fans for financial contributions.I suggest you e-mail EFSS at info@buyeastfife.org .I am sure that an office bearer will reply to any question you make.
The vaste majority of EF fans would like a joint Trust/ Board bid.Their is however a price differential between what the Directors have offered and the Trust consider the club to be currently worth.( even more so since the sale of the adjoining land).
Some EF fans , myself included,have pledged funds to the Trust.We believe it is the way forward.
Many of my age group(yourself included, by the way )do not wish the club to die while we are still capable of saving it and see the way forward as a club controlled and owned by its fans.
Regards to M and family
E and L

Cardiff fifer
Cardiff Fifer

The silence is overwhelming. Speaks volumes about this subject and has major implications on whether I invest in the club.

I haven't found anything either even tho livi fc was to respond by 13th feb. wonder why this is dragging on?

also worrying is lack of info from trust. quote from their update of 20th feb:

"This is a short update. A more detailed one will be sent out following Saturday’s meeting"

nothing on this and was there a meeting also to take place 26th Feb that was also not reported.

Like you I am losing interest and beginning to doubt the ability of the trust if they cannot even report on something they promised. Not against the trust per se but the lack of promised transparency is worrying!

JJ
The following newsletter was sent on March 2nd. It was also on Twitter, Facebook and our website.
It was my (Eugene Clarke) oversight that it wasn't posted here but to jump to an accusation of "lack of promised transparency" seems a little premature!

Here is the text of the newsletter.

Note of EFSS Working Group Meeting
We had a meeting on Thursday 26 Feb to discuss our fundraising plans.
We agreed to set ourselves a target of the end of March for the first tranche of our fighting fund. At that point we will review the situation. During this month we will be contacting directly anyone who previously indicated he/she was interested in contributing.
We will also be further publicising the Credit Union scheme for those interested in that option.

Sharebuying Options
Our first option is to gain sole control of the majority shareholding. The success of this will be largely determined by the presence or absence of the bid by the four current directors of EFFC.

A second possibility is that we come to some agreement with the EFFC directors and agree a joint bid. It is clear that this is the option favoured by most supporters but five meetings with the directors so far have not produced an agreement as they have rejected every proposal or suggestion we have made to date. Nevertheless we will continue to pursue this option until it is absolutely clear that no deal is possible. We have indicated to EFFC that:

we are not seeking the removal of any current board member
we would be willing to help strengthen their board by identifying additional board members
the full resources of Supporters Direct would be made available to help market the club to the local community
we would be able to contribute financially on a regular basis

The third possibility is longer term and would involve the EFSS having funds ready to step in should the club encounter financial difficulties. Very recent (last Friday) discussions between the Credit Union and Supporters Direct have produced an agreement that the CU may be willing to step in at short notice to provide fans with funding should a club enter administration.

As mentioned earlier, we will review the situation at the end of March, establish what level of funding we have available and keep you informed. At that stage we will consult our supporters - probably through an online poll - as to our next steps. As always those few fans who are not able to access online will be catered for.

Finally we've included below details of how to contribute and we'd encourage everyone to share this with their friends/fellow workers/family/ employees and employers - in fact anyone who shares our aim of having East Fife FC as a community club.

How to Donate Directly
We know that many supporters want to donate directly to our campaign. To donate a lump sum please make a direct bank transfer to:

Bank of Scotland, High St, Leven
Sort Code: 80-17-33
Account No: 06002784
Please include a sender's reference BEF+your initial and surname.
Our reference is BEFdonate

CHEQUES
Please make your cheque payable to East Fife Supporters Trust and send it to this address. Make sure you include your details so we know who it's from.
BEF
c/o People Growth
Office 3
Fife Renewables Innovation Centre
Ajax Way
Methil KY8 3RS

Please note that all donations will be held in our share purchase account and will only be used for the purchase of the majority shareholding. If this does not happen your money will be returned.

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT WE KNOW SOON HOW MUCH WE WILL HAVE AVAILABLE SO PLEASE ACT QUICKLY.

STANDING ORDER
Should you wish to set up a standing order please use the same account details
Bank of Scotland, High St, Leven
Sort Code: 80-17-33
Account No: 06002784
and include your own reference details as above: BEF+your initial and surname.

How to Donate via the Credit Union Loan
One way of making a lump sum available to our campaign is by joining the DotComUnity organisation and using their Credit Union to take out a loan. This is only one option and there may be many supporters who choose to donate in a different way.

Please return your completed form to this address
BEF
c/o People Growth
Office 3
Fife Renewables Innovation Centre
Ajax Way
Methil KY8 3RS

Thank you for your interest in our campaign.

The EFFS Working Group
Allan Duthie; Laura Anderson; Stephen Mill; Eugene Clarke; Liam Anderson; Paul Munro; Colin McInnes; Kerriann Paterson

I think im missing the point regarding the situation of the four of directors bid and at the moment we seem to have an interim chairman/Secretary running this football club in charge under Jim Stevenson will he be appointed permit chairman for next season or is that why this is all the fuss about EFSS and trust to gain shares to get on board? what the hell will happen next season?
I also heard rankine's left Livingston so the interest in both East fife and livi will die down for time being unless he puts an interest or bid in another club again but still appears to hide away in Twigg house tieing him to the club in some way and it's why the issue regarding Mike Ashley at both rangers/newcastle story has died down for a bit since dave king and his men are on board at ibrox for the time being it appears to be the same for us at the moment, no news
also i maybe young but if a shareholder dies where do the shares go or do they get cancelled or do they get passed onto the next family member - hope not to rankine via Twigg because i'll be glad to see east fife in the right hands of people attend games unlike Twigg

someone enlighten me on this and help me understand?

Thanks for that Eugene. I did not get an email of this although I have been getting previous announcements. I have also just checked the website which I have been doing regularly and the latest is on 20th Feb. Don't use facebook or twitter. So hiccup somewhere? Maybe my side will check it out

Now checked found email in another pathway, can't understand why I did not receive/ see it. so must apologise. However web page still not updated

Just to clear something up. I wasn't for a minute suggesting that EFSS wasn't being transparent. I was simply trying to establish the situation with regards Neil Rankine and the club. I did see Eugene's message with regards the funding issue. However in my view it did not provide the answers to some questions that I feel are fundamental as to enable me to make an informed decision. I don't know if this is the correct forum to raise these issues, perhaps not. It may be that some of the questions should be directed towards the current Board. Of course, whether they decide to share their knowledge is another matter. It seems to me and I stand to be corrected, that the current Board's position that they are unwilling to participate in a joint venture with EFSS. That does make the proposed venture a little more difficult to achieve.

Cardiff Fifer
Just to clear something up. I wasn't for a minute suggesting that EFSS wasn't being transparent. I was simply trying to establish the situation with regards Neil Rankine and the club. I did see Eugene's message with regards the funding issue. However in my view it was mainly concerned with donating and did not provide the answers to some questions that I feel are fundamental to enable supporters to make an informed decision? The Neil Rankine issue is only one of these issues, albeit a crucial one.

JJ

You're quite right - the website had not been updated.

I thought I'd set things up so everything updated at the same time but obviously I haven't - sorry about that.

If there's anyone out there who is good at managing social media etc and who shares our values and supports our cause please get in touch so I can sack myself.:-)

Cheers

Eugene

Nice bit in the Courier about a former chairman