Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
singing section at bayview

There's not really been the greatest atmospheres at bayview. Probably one of the quietest In the league, and tbh It doesn't really take alot to bring atmosphere to bayview.

Why?
As said previousl, there has never really been an atmosphere at bayview. I think it's time to bring vocal support to bayview. It's not all about cheering the team on, it's also a good thing to have, it's gives bayview a good name

Who?
Anyone, preferably not part time supporters. It's good to have the same people who will attend both away and home games.

Where?
Back of the stand, at the sea end. All standing, maybe even bring a drum

When?
As soon as possible, it's better to arrange it as soon as possible, especially at this time of the season. Not alot of games left and we need to get behind the team as much as possible.

I hope people do take this into consideration, if you wish to join, simply reply. And also cut out all this 'ultras' stuff. Although we are black and gold, we are not borrusia dortmund. We are supporters of fife's most succesful club
Cheers 👍

Re: singing section at bayview

sounds good to me mate but will the Club allow this..also have to consider people who have saeson tickets for those seats

If not will move elsewhere, what's ur name bud?

scot

What's your second name mate? Do you attend away games, think I know who you are

What's your second name mate? Do you attend away games, think I know who you are

Scot F*!*a!!t*d*withyou!

Waw, got a Comedian over here. I'm only wanting to know his second name so I can contact him over any site of social media z as it is quicker

Not going to put name on here.send me an email.

Folks,
All the best with this venture - this sort of stuff needs to be encouraged!

However...........
May 2nd against Elgin should hopefully be all hands to the pump to secure a play off position! With that in mind it will be the 1st outing of the EFMB.........East Fife Marching Band

The genesis of the band was several drinks in the pub. Following the success of the golfing day out around St Andrews and the Gentlemen's Hat Evening there were musings as to what to do next?

The Hairy Fifer has, for a long time, dreamed of playing the trombone and combining a love of music with a complete lack of ability the marching band was born.

Attics have been rummaged through, e-bay and Cash Converters were plundered as the rallying call rang out through the Kingdom of Fife, the Duchy of Lancaster (Bolton) and Aberdeen to name but a few!

More details will follow soon but in the mean time get yourself equip with some instrument that would fit in an Oompa Band (you don't need to be able to play just make some noise!). Alternatively work on your singing voice and get your flags made up!

Hairy Fifer
Folks,
All the best with this venture - this sort of stuff needs to be encouraged!

However...........
May 2nd against Elgin should hopefully be all hands to the pump to secure a play off position! With that in mind it will be the 1st outing of the EFMB.........East Fife Marching Band

The genesis of the band was several drinks in the pub. Following the success of the golfing day out around St Andrews and the Gentlemen's Hat Evening there were musings as to what to do next?

The Hairy Fifer has, for a long time, dreamed of playing the trombone and combining a love of music with a complete lack of ability the marching band was born.

Attics have been rummaged through, e-bay and Cash Converters were plundered as the rallying call rang out through the Kingdom of Fife, the Duchy of Lancaster (Bolton) and Aberdeen to name but a few!

More details will follow soon but in the mean time get yourself equip with some instrument that would fit in an Oompa Band (you don't need to be able to play just make some noise!). Alternatively work on your singing voice and get your flags made up!

Thanks mate, sad that Eagle replaced you but accompany the singing section wi the band!

Maybe next time you numpties will go to a part of the stand where you are not getting in the road of other view of the game. Don't mind the singing but standing up in 3 rows, taking up around 12 to 15 seats, where others round about where twisting and turning to see the game is not on, have some respect for others about you, who have sat in the same place for years.

/ / / /

There's always one.
I remember the away game at Stirling in the play-off last year, the young guys created a tremendous atmosphere and you could see what it meant to the players.
The club should be doing all it can to encourage a singing section at Bayview.

Thought you guys were great last night - singing even when we were getting well beat. Well done and keep it up!!

Yeah, well done on trying to create an atmosphere but the "One Gary Naysmith" chant when we were 3 nil down was a tad cringeworthy.

Point taken. Maybe was not one of the best times to chant that particular 1 at that point.

Never said their sing wasn't appreciated. What i said was if they want to jump around or stand, do it where they aren't obstructing others view of the game. It is an all seated stadium!!

This is one reason we need a small terraced area, We asked for an area of the stand not to affect people view and where told my the club we can use that spot last night

There will be haters lol, only trying to bring a atmosphere to bayview. will sing throughout the whole 90 mins. Even if we are getting beat. It may give players confidence going into next game.

Bayview is also an NON SMOKING stadium but no one seems to mention this to anyone when people are stood smoking within the stadium..Double standards if you ask me,not that it bothers me either way just thinks its funny....

Well done to the young boys singing, its great to hear & hopefully encourages the players, I heard too many people slating one player in particular at the Berwick Rangers game when all the players were poor last night, they need encouragement, NOT abuse!!

Couldn't see for you numpties
Never said their sing wasn't appreciated. What i said was if they want to jump around or stand, do it where they aren't obstructing others view of the game. It is an all seated stadium!!

I would have thought they would be doing you a fucking favour obstructing the view. Anyone wanting to watch that fucking shite last night needs their head examining.

Fuck it. Utter shitebags.

If it doesn't bother you about smoking in an open space , why mention it? FFS . I USED to love going to the football , but I don't bother going anymore , I cant have a smoke in an open area , OUTSIDE IN THE OPEN AIR ? so I just stay at home now .

Supporter68
Well done to the young boys singing, its great to hear & hopefully encourages the players, I heard too many people slating one player in particular at the Berwick Rangers game when all the players were poor last night, they need encouragement, NOT abuse!!
When the team play as bad as that they deserve every bit of abuse, it's part of the game. Fuck knows what we were trying to do but it certainly wasn't football. I could only imagine the player your talking about would be Brown, he was getting it tight and I must admit it was a shame as he was all over the place and clearly looked out his depth out there and it wouldn't have helped him. Fair play to the small singing section, it was the only entertainment the other night.

Supporter68
When the team play as bad as that they deserve every bit of abuse, it's part of the game. Fuck knows what we were trying to do but it certainly wasn't football. I could only imagine the player your talking about would be Brown, he was getting it tight and I must admit it was a shame as he was all over the place and clearly looked out his depth out there and it wouldn't have helped him. Fair play to the small singing section, it was the only entertainment the other night.

It clearly doesnt help when players get abuse shouted af them, yes Brown had a bad game after a few excellent performances, it happens to the best of players or do I need to spell that out too!! Hs's still a young player & wasnt the only one who was poor, none of the players got pass marks on tuesday & god knows how they picked a MOTM!!