Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
East Fife vs Arbroath 21/03/2015

Our game tomorrow i hope we can at least nick a point but three would be a brilliant result on a side that looked odds on to win the leauge back in december when they beat us at Bayview. We lost twice back to back away defeats due to players out the team to suspensions and injuries. Certainly like to see two upfront where we lacked in games on service up to the striker's been poor but heres my team i would choose for tomorrow.

Fleming

Page (If Julen is back), Julen Extrugben(if fit) then Mullen(Right back), Campbell, Naysmith

Walker (Ian Black of the team/Defensive Midfield)

Brown Cook

Dickson (Attacking Midfielder)

Smith Riordan (Please don't put him on the wing!!)

Subs:
Miller
McAleer - don't want to rush him back as recoverd from injury so Brown and cook for me in midfield.
Barr
Ayelemo
Mullen/Julen
Smith
Falconer - was on the bench last saturday vs Shire is he recalled

My formation is a Diamond 4-4-2.

Re: East Fife vs Arbroath 21/03/2015

Good Luck to the team today, need to get back to winning ways in next three games at home!!

Re: East Fife vs Arbroath 21/03/2015

Copy from Courier this morning that Liam Gordon, Adam Hunter, Jonny Lindsay and Dylan Carreiro are all out for Arbroath. East Fife’s Fraser Mullen remains doubtful and Caolan McAleer is unlikely to start as he recovers from a knee injury, while defender Julen Etxabeguren Leanizbarrutia, Kevin Smith and Liam Smith are all likely to be missing. Nathan Austin should return.

Would put Fash and Riordan upfront bet Ross Brown plays at right back only option we have if Mullen is doubtful and no Liam or Julen in defence so still want to see Campbell and Page play at centre back with Walker and Barr in midfield with Dickson and Cook on the wing, put Ola and Scott Smith to the bench from last week away defeat. Come on East Fife!

Re: East Fife vs Arbroath 21/03/2015 BBC World Sports

LINEUP, BOOKINGS (0) & SUBSTITUTIONS (0)
East Fife
01 Millar
07 Brown
04 Campbell
05 Page
03 Naysmith
08 Barr
06 Walker
02 Mullen
11 Dickson
10 Riordan
19 Austin
Substitutes
12 Smith
14 Cook
15 McAleer
16 Adeyemo
21 Fleming

East Fife 2 Arbroath 0

Riordan failed to score on a penalty kick

That was a victory build on a solid performance by Johnathon Page, he was a rock at the back and defended everything Arbroath could throw at us. Fash also played his part, with a good performance running at the Arbroath defence and causing them problems. I have to say he has improved immensely since the turn of the year. I hope the kicking he took doesn't keep him out of Tuesdays big game. A victory here could put us in a good place for the last play off spot. Good to grind out a victory and the 2nd goal showed what it meant to the players with their celebration. Kevin Smith was warming up with squad before the game, so I hope it wont be long till he is back. My only criticism would be that we need to close the opposition down quicker as I felt we allowed Arbroath a lot of time on the ball, leading to easy crosses going into our box with no pressure being applied on the man with the ball. Any way nice to get back to winning ways as it always improves a Saturday night.

fan67
That was a victory build on a solid performance by Johnathon Page, he was a rock at the back and defended everything Arbroath could throw at us. Fash also played his part, with a good performance running at the Arbroath defence and causing them problems. I have to say he has improved immensely since the turn of the year. I hope the kicking he took doesn't keep him out of Tuesdays big game. A victory here could put us in a good place for the last play off spot. Good to grind out a victory and the 2nd goal showed what it meant to the players with their celebration. Kevin Smith was warming up with squad before the game, so I hope it wont be long till he is back. My only criticism would be that we need to close the opposition down quicker as I felt we allowed Arbroath a lot of time on the ball, leading to easy crosses going into our box with no pressure being applied on the man with the ball. Any way nice to get back to winning ways as it always improves a Saturday night.

You are right the team were solid at the back and never looked like they were going to lose a goal. Fans need to get right behind the team as they have the ability and determination to get the 4th place

Bigrab
East Fife 2 Arbroath 0

Riordan failed to score on a penalty kick

bit pressure on the man like Riordan who still a big player to take the spot kick but he made amazed when he took the free-kick to score, thought maybe Ross should of took the kick instead after making the hard work in winning the penalty though a wins a win of how we do it. Yet again the score-line could of been a lot more yesterday but once again Marc McCallum kept Arbroath score to two-0 and McCallum was on-loan at Berwick in the season when we stayed up shows his determination he wasn't going to be beaten but as soon as cook came on he assisted McAleer to score that was going to be game over.
Thought Miller back in goals was great hopefully his injury is behind him and can keep his place ahead of Fleming thought dropping players due to form will wake up those coming back will be a wake up call for the two away defeats, great to get back to winning ways and two home games coming up hopefully close the gap even more to arbroath in 3rd place.
Hopefully Julen, Kev Smith and Liam aren't too long in recovering from their injuries to have a fully fit squad for the reminding games and hopefully play-offs too if we can clinch that would top our season off but yesterday result was positive and was a lot better now we have to go again on tuesday and saturday and do the same would be coup to our quest to achieve the play-offs where we are the now.