Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Play off place

We are in pole position at the moment but Berwick are leading Elgin City 1-0 tonight which would put them three points behind us but with a better goal difference. With 5 teams still in the mix and the possibility of Arbroath being sucked back into the mix, I get the feeling there will be a lot of twists between now and the end of the season. We play three of the chasing pack so the players have to be right up for the fight. Hopefully we'll have a full squad to choose from for the rest of the season. C'mon the Fife !

Re: Play off place

Craig Gunn hat trick - now 3-1 Elgin putting them only 1 point behind us with 5 games to play. Should finish off the Berwick challenge with them 6 points behind us. Elgin at home last game of the season - could be winner takes all !

Agree BB - fingernails going to get a hammering in next few weeks!

The team have proved they are good enough by going to places like Elgin and Coatbridge and getting results- it's just a question if they can stay positive and mentally strong over the next few weeks.

I think the fans have got a huge part to play - especially at home . Game was only 5 mins old on Sat and I heard some players getting stick- most of our team are still young and by getting behind them - even when it's not going well will make a massive difference .

Mon the Fife

Now 3-3. Please stay that way !! Best result for us

3-3 in Elgin now - hopefully both teams will drop 2 points!

3-3 full time. Best result from our point of view. Let's go to Clyde and get the three points ! Mon the Fife !

If we take it that Albion and Q Park will finish in the top four, who will the other two be?

Hopefully Stenny finish behind ayr in the play-off saga what a joyful moment for Sean scoring if he scores and beat his old buddy's, could be a good revange for him quite good as it's their loss our gain with a talent player he still is and lucky to have him here hopefully it's long term.
Our run in looks tough, clyde away is a tough place to vist, we took the lead there and then fell apart and we have never beaten clyde this season took a point at home recently thanks to mullen, Albion at home well the lads can show they can come from behind to beat them in the recent game through there, Annan away no the easy of place to go we always conceded goals against them and Weatherson is on the roll and still can cut it from his morton days, Berwick away like annan unprectiable we have beaten them there already in the season and finally elgin at home. I hope we could still get 3rd but we just have to see what is like week by week now.

Let's concentrate one game at a time from now on. If we can play at our best we WILL beat Clyde on Saturday. It still baffles me that we've only taken 1 point off them this season. Has to be said they're one of the worst sides I've seen in this league. Hope the squad and gaffer are up for it on Saturday.