Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Todays game!!

Good luck to the team today, another massive game!!!!

Re: Todays game!!

Easy home win.
Sure Naysmith will find some way to fuck it up with another baffling team selection.

Given the fact that we are playing a game today that could secure a play off spot and there is only 2 posts regarding the game just shows how most fans are rightly pissed off at how this season has gone. Another car crash of a season and expect no better if Naysmith and Anderson are still here next season.

I think the interest in this website this season says it all.
Never seen AFTN so quiet.

Alternatively, could it be that people are tired of the negative none sense that the same people keep spouting😳 winning by 3 goals away from home and still people are negative. No pleasing some people💤💤💤

Panwithin
Alternatively, could it be that people are tired of the negative none sense that the same people keep spouting😳 winning by 3 goals away from home and still people are negative. No pleasing some people💤💤💤

Build them up then knock them down mate.
No consistency at all this season. Its already on the cards that Elgin will win next week at Bayview.
That's just the way its been under Naysmith.

Surprising result today but will we beat Elgin next week?
Heart tells me yes but head says no.

Hard to believe we won 3-0 today, thanks guys.

Aside from an 8 goal swing in goal difference, is it not highly unlikely Annan will catch us even if we get beat next week?

Correct Maths highly unlikely after us winning 3-0 today. Team all played well today & well donevto all, we're near enough there & we still get negative comments. Cant wait for next Sat now :-)

Every player to a man played their socks off today and two of the loan players deserve special mention, Pagey and Leyden, considering both are unlikely to be with us next season they were outstanding. Kevin Smith should have had a hat trick and Walker missed two sitters, Berwick were a shadow of the team that mauled us a few weeks ago but I don't know if was because they were just poor or we played them off the park, I would like to think it was the latter. Only worry was Liam looked as if he had a relapse of his injury and may miss the playoffs, pity as he played well up till then. Another note of mention was the travelling fans today sang their hearts out from beginning to end which I am sure the players appreciated.

Halving a glass that is half full is the way to go:-)

Bruce mitchell
Halving a glass that is half full is the way to go:-)

That would leave you with a glass that's quarter-full presumably

Good win for the team Yesterday. We always seem to play well when least expected. Well done EF.

Does anyone know if there will be any highlights of yesterday's game.

Don't think EFTV was there.Not sure about Berwick TV.
I went along to this game fearing the worst.Fortunately Berwick did not turn up.
A pretty easy , comprehensive victory made all the easier by the sending off.

The whole team worked extremely hard for this victory.Can only remember 1 decent save from Fleming.Andrews on the other hand had several top class saves.

The best player in my opinion was Liam Smith-a tremendous prospect.
He went off with a calf injury but hopefully will recover for Saturday.

Well done to the players and management team.

Easy away win, hope Mr Angry's a bit happier after yesterday's result!!!! :-)

Supporter68
Easy away win, hope Mr Angry's a bit happier after yesterday's result!!!! :-)

No I'm fucking not. Terrible season and no consistently at all.
Sorry state of affairs at the club.
Second division is where we are and where we'll be fucking staying for evermore.
Happy fucking days.

Oh dear obviously not!! Happy Days yesterday :-)

Mr Angry has just become Mr F****ng Raging after yesterday's performance

Fifer

CORRECT!
Inconsistency this season has proved that Naysmith cant pick a team.
He should move on once his contract expires but knowing this board of fucking incompetents they will sign him up for the next 10 years.

Pisses me right off we are Fifes wee team going fucking nowhere.

Fifer
Mr Angry has just become Mr F****ng Raging

Mr Angry
Fifer

CORRECT!
Inconsistency this season has proved that Naysmith cant pick a team.
He should move on once his contract expires but knowing this board of fucking incompetents they will sign him up for the next 10 years.

Pisses me right off we are Fifes wee team going fucking nowhere.

Got to say i was surprised to see Walker starting the game on Saturday since he has just come back from injury, think it was Clyde that was his last game where he missed the penalty and was pretty gash in that game that day, so yeah got to say that i was surprised to see him walk straight back in to the team ahead of others on Saturday, mind you i don't think i was the only one as there was a few groans when his name was announced over the tannoy.

Walker wasn't injured.

Frustrated Fife Fan
Walker wasn't injured.

What was up with him then.

Heard on the grapevine he was on disciplinary after the Clyde game?............