Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
So.Who currently owns East Fife?

The silence from both the Board and also the Trust has been deafening.

Re: So.Who currently owns East Fife?

What the hell has that got to do with the play offs and the better
feeling,that has been created since Saturday.

Or are you just trying to upset everything,maybe your a Lino licker
trying to throw a spanner in the works.

No - just a 66 year old fan asking a legitimate question.
Nothing to do with the playoffs.

sammy
The silence from both the Board and also the Trust has been deafening.

The SFA is part of the problem here. Since August last year they have been hammering Livingston FC re Rankine's share interest in both clubs. At last understanding Rankine has until June to divest one or other of his "interests". So probably nothing will happen 'til then.

Seemingly obvious is that the board's bid to buy is a smokescreen offer that has no real genuine premise to buy. It has been a mystery to me why David Marshall has been involved in this.

Meanwhile the Trust is considering its position according to the latest pronouncement.

I expect Rankine to hold onto his shares in EF so that he will benefit from the sale of the ground to complete the rip off sale of the surrounding ground.

sammy

So, who are you expecting to answer your 'legitimate' question on an open fans forum? And what difference does it make how old you are? If anything, being 66 years old, why are you bothered?

Quizmaster
If anything, being 66 years old, why are you bothered?

That takes the biscuit for being the dumbest quote for a while. I wasn't aware that bothering had an age limit.

Just say one thing to that - yer a long time deid.

If there ever was a fair question to ask on an open, public forum, it'd be 'who owns our football club?
Unbelievable.

Who does he expect to answer or debate it? The fans.

It shouldn't be a difficult answer. Maybe you can answer it for him?

Welcome back Rabhaw.

Quizmaster
sammy

So, who are you expecting to answer your 'legitimate' question on an open fans forum? And what difference does it make how old you are? If anything, being 66 years old, why are you bothered?
A perfectly legitimate question and you have a go at him? It's a forum, I've used aftn for years to find out info about the club due to official site being inadequate. Get a grip ffs!

Dph maybe if people actually contact the club direct and get a proper answer instead of
trying to drag an answer out of people who really don't know on here.

Just a thought like

Maybe
Dph maybe if people actually contact the club direct and get a proper answer instead of
trying to drag an answer out of people who really don't know on here.

Just a thought like

And you'd be very naive to think you'd get an proper or honest answer as to what is going on.

I'm assuming it's all gone quiet as everyone (Board, Supporters Trust, Rankine) is waiting until the season is finished. Whatever happens the whole thing needs to be resolved early in the close season so it does not become a distraction as next season approaches.

As before, Rankin owns the club through Twigg. The current four directors run the club for Rankin but they want you to believe that's not true.

What does the twigg's benefit for the club too if Rankin is here and looking to kill the club like he has done to Livingston and sell bayview like the deal mention above?
What happens when a shareholder dies who does the shares of EF go to or do they get scrapped?
I for one was bizzare at the time a daughter bought shares in EF under the age of 18 and yet we find Rankin helping twigg's and himself at their address to EF but yet don't go to games and are away to other clubs I like to hear the outcome in June but yet again it will keep going on and on, This story has been going on from derrick brown days where the clubs been passed about with different directors coming and going from the football club.

status quo
As before, Rankin owns the club through Twigg. The current four directors run the club for Rankin but they want you to believe that's not true.

There you go, proof that you can get a proper and honest answer on here.

ME ME ME

HE HE HE