Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Next season's kit

The new kit for next season looks pretty cool with the all yellow with black trims, looks like another kit inspired by our kits from years ago.

Re: Next season's kit

Where did you see this.source please

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155590740790533&set=a.10155590731930533.1073741853.872930532&type=1&theater¬if_t=photo_reply

I was lucky enough (or maybe just pissed!) but I got my hands on the prototype top in the auction last night at the player of the year so and I can confirm that it is indeed smart as fek! Lol

Mini (aka Paul Munro)
I was lucky enough (or maybe just pissed!) but I got my hands on the prototype top in the auction last night at the player of the year so and I can confirm that it is indeed smart as fek! Lol

That new east fife top is as dodgy as the clobber Mini had on last night! Lol

Just to clarify, we will be playing in our traditional colours of Black and Gold next season. Yellow will not feature.

Link doesn't work. Please try again

effc
Link doesn't work. Please try again

https://scontent-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/11141205_802736916478069_759525069769269356_n.jpg?oh=b9ce17122e134c4f27de4db0e17b0e35&oe=55DD5F38 Just copy and paste this on the address bar, hope that'll work.

Style Police
Mini (aka Paul Munro)

That new east fife top is as dodgy as the clobber Mini had on last night! Lol

Is that actually East Fife's kit for next season or is this some kind of joke?

That is horrible. Why do we need to change anyway, we've got a perfectly good one right now and we've only got that at the start of this season.

Just to reiterate...

That IS fucking horrible!!!

We finally get the stripes back after years of waiting and a decent "brand" as well and they're chucked after a season, no happy!!!

It's just a generic "yellow" strip, if it wasn't for the badge, it could be a Livingston or even an Alloa Kit!!!

Shite!!!

effc
Is that actually East Fife's kit for next season or is this some kind of joke?

It is our kit, the M&H logo will be replaced.

I actually don't mind the kit, it's something different to normal and does look like it will be a good kit to wear as apposed to the rubbish DOE kit that we had that was thick and heavy.
Then the under armour fiasco last year completely rules out us using them again as a supplier.

Do think there should be some sort of stripes though however it's not essential I would say.

That's bogging - and yellow. Why is it yellow? Why is it so difficult?

I like the under armour brand best kit makers we've had in donks, our tops can be easily washed weekly if your me unlike tops before where logo's start getting ruin and top's get destory after a few washes. Also be shame to loose M&H sponsor if they are replaced no had a decent sponsor since the season we wore cogen energy pity company's only take 12months with us and we have to change every season don't mind trying something new but the club could of came up with a few options on the new kit so it's a win, win on what everyone likes and dislike and club can keep their paying customers happy and club happy in making a profit in the club shop just an idea for the future lads. Whatever it is we all support the team no matter what.

OK yeah. Good luck convincing East Fife fans to cough up approximately £35-45 on that monstrosity of a "kit". I probably wouldn't spend more than a tenner on it. Where are the stripes and why, OH WHY is it yellow?! Who are the people left in charge of the kit design? Do they know anything about East Fife?

If they have to pick an off the shelf shirt from Joma why not pick this one:
http://www.teamwearscotland.com/playing-shirts/246-pisa-12.html

That kit in the picture is a training top at best.
No chance in the world would you be shelling out £40 on that.

Is this an example of the board's business acumen?

A Trialist

It's the prototype of the new kit according to Kathy.

MF14 Ultra
A Trialist

It's the prototype of the new kit according to Kathy.

It would be commercial suicide.

Surely a wind up! Yellow goalie/training top perhaps.

If it's this one

then I can cope with that.

If it's this one however

they can fuck right off.

Looks more like the second one.

Note in both cases that you can buy that shirt for £8.63. Including VAT

http://www.mdhteamwear.co.uk/?i=1311381&Colour=Ambar/Black&Sleeves=Short%20Sleeve

ETA - want this as an away kit though.

So. That kit. It was a joke yeah? I mean, surely no one would deliberately order the wrong colour when the right one is also available?

Guys?

I hate everything about the proposed new home kit. It's absolutely rotten. Whoever chose it clearly isn't an EF fan. I really do like that white kit though and would love for it to be the away kit for next season.

I see that the new Livingston kit has been released and its the same as ours. Maybe Rankine got a discount for bulk buying.

forest fifer
I see that the new Livingston kit has been released and its the same as ours. Maybe Rankine got a discount for bulk buying.

Knew it was Wankine's fault, Hope we won't draw with livi in any cup this season.

With the draw for the sponsor's for this year's top we have to wait after the 11th July before our Joma yellow kit is out I take it do we have any sponsor's interested. I like see the white top as that shown above that dumbarton had and wore with yellow and black strip across time to see a change of away kit I think. Was this the reason we didn't get the under armour tops to the same time last summer behind other clubs released had to play friendly in last season's kits and announced still think the club should have shown a few kits to the fans either at the AGM meeting and on club website as a poll vote to pick out to be our tops in the future and have a vote a say in the club how it's run and supported keep its customers and club happy relationship. Kit suppliers have advance to get us ready for pre-season and season before July and ask for sponsors before in future that's the only downside but anything else am looking forward to saturday.

Are you Nick The Trialist for the English Grammer team???? Could I make head nor tail of what you were trying to say in your post. Is there an explanatory leaflet to follow???

New kit sponsors has been drawn today as 0zone Cleaning Services, Alex Barclay and Mr. Mechanic as east fife's kit sponsors. I hope to see our kit soon and looks like we are having a new away kit as mainly purple coulor but with black and white hoop across the shoulder I haven't got a picture to show but herd that's what it'll be.

wow chair
New kit sponsors has been drawn today as 0zone Cleaning Services, Alex Barclay and Mr. Mechanic as east fife's kit sponsors. I hope to see our kit soon and looks like we are having a new away kit as mainly purple coulor but with black and white hoop across the shoulder I haven't got a picture to show but herd that's what it'll be.

New away kit's a belter, would preferred amber for the hame kit.

MF14 Ultra
wow chair

I would like to see a picture and be a change of away kit since we wore the white & black one for the past two seasons will it be the same sponsor as the home top?

I must be mad cause I quite liked the purple away top, I'll be buying one.

BaSeDGoDSA1NT
I must be mad cause I quite liked the purple away top, I'll be buying one.

Me too

I hope we can get the purple away top in place for falkirk away.

wow chair

This one?

Forest Fifer
wow chair

This one?

Mmm nice one thanks.

Any suggestions or estimates when both tops will be available to buy?

BaSeDGoDSA1NT

Already asked Football Nation (the company which supplies the Joma kits for the clubs in this area, Edinburgh and Lothian) and the club on Twitter but no answer.

MF14 Ultra
BaSeDGoDSA1NT

Already asked Football Nation (the company which supplies the Joma kits for the clubs in this area, Edinburgh and Lothian) and the club on Twitter but no answer.

Let me know if you hear anything bud

MF14 Ultra
wow chair

Me to,

moose
MF14 Ultra
wow chair

Me to,

Black and GOLD are East Fife's colours. That's Black and GOLD. Amber is a makey up colour invented by new town idiot clubs like Livingston. Listen to the supporters pal.

We are East Fife
Methil East Fife
Black and Gold

Listen and learn

Stick your amber up your arse

Sideways

Yours in Black and Gold

EFFC

EFFC Black and Gold
moose
MF14 Ultra
wow chair

Me to,

Black and GOLD are East Fife's colours. That's Black and GOLD. Amber is a makey up colour invented by new town idiot clubs like Livingston. Listen to the supporters pal.

We are East Fife
Methil East Fife
Black and Gold

Listen and learn

Sideways

Yours in Black and Gold

EFFC

The makings of a postcard.

wow chair
EFFC Black and Gold
moose
MF14 Ultra
wow chair

Me to,

We are East Fife
Methil East Fife
Black and Gold

Listen and learn

Sideways

Yours in Black and Gold

EFFC

The makings of a postcard.

Amber's the closest to gold in that shitty Estadio template, yellow is bad.

And what is wrong with sticking with black and gold stripes?

Terracing Now!

It's that Rankine probably

Terracing Now!

Just a change same will go for the purple kit, I see the sponsor draw is only for the home top according to the east fife website will they be sponsors for the away kit that's new tae? Like the home sponsor logo though wouldn't mind having the same for away kit.

http://www.thefootballnation.co.uk/joma-copa-football-shirt/

^ this is what we'll miss for the home top maybe for next season unless we change kit supplier once again, pretty much think the violent not purple with white and black trim at the top will be seller once they arrive and 0-zone sponsors get added, I noticed you can get these on here for 11 quid bargain.

wow chair
Terracing Now!

Just a change same will go for the purple kit, I see the sponsor draw is only for the home top according to the east fife website will they be sponsors for the away kit that's new tae? Like the home sponsor logo though wouldn't mind having the same for away kit.

Defo purple kit for me, stick yer livi style kit up yer hole.

I keep checking this section hoping to read that the kits are in. I called down this morning to ask for an update and the fella told me that they are waiting to hear from them anyday about the kits but doesn't seeing it being this week.

Seen the new home and away kit posted on the P&B forum. They're both hideous.

effc

I wouldn't buy the home kit as its yellow and never thought I'd own a purple top but I quite like it. Was hoping it be ready for Falkirk but doesn't look that way.

effc

P&b forum?

Pie and Bovril

rab b
Pie and Bovril

Cheers bud, i'll check that out.

BaSeDGoDSA1NT
effc

I wouldn't buy the home kit as its yellow and never thought I'd own a purple top but I quite like it. Was hoping it be ready for Falkirk but doesn't look that way.

Looks more like gold to me. I don't mind the odd season of not having stripes but we could have got something a bit more creative. From 1970 until the early 80's we didn't wear stripes at all and that early 70's kit is now seen as a bit iconic. Mind you the orange horrors that followed it certainly were anything but iconic!

Just called and was told they are hoping the kid will be available for sale this weekend but still waiting for confirmation.

Was told replia kit will be cheaper this season , and hope fans will buy more ? Lets wait and see

OK, I'll admit, it looks a lot better in real life than it appeared in the original picture.

But I think black socks would be better, unless the white ones are the away ones and we had to wear them to avoid a clash with Falkirk.

Home tops available tomorrow at 12:30

£35 for adults shirt and £28.50 for childs

I picked my top up about 30mins ago, beautiful.

as we're still in mid-january, was wondered what our next kits will be as we seem to have different kits each seasons. Mind you i wouldn't mind keeping the purple liked away top or have what dumbarton have with a white top with black and gold trim lines across the front as shown above though and ask Joma/sportswear for our colours with black and gold strips but ill wait until nearer the summer.

How about a black and gold striped top, white shorts, black socks with gold and white at the top.

It's a bit radical but worth a punt I'd say.