Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Latest

Fife 1 - Muir 0
Brown 3 mins

Re: Latest

Fife 1 - Muir 0 H/T

Fife 1 - Muir 1

Fife 1 - Muir 1 F/T

Brutal, negative stuff in the second half but did we expect anything else? Stenny certainly didn't look like a team who hadn't won in 8 games but maybe that's because we didn't test them enough. The support from the midfield is awful and their keeper was rarely tested. Hope we don't live to regret not having a go tonight but Negative Naysmiths comments about not needing to win were spot on eh?

Came away last night feeling as if we had lost not drawn. We started really positive but soon after our goal we got deeper and deeper. The 2nd half was torture and once again we came out for the 2nd half as flat as a pancake. Don't know if it's our tactics or lack of confidence from the players but feel that Dougie Anderson doesn't help with a lot of his shouts at the players- I know they are big boys but he does come across as very negative and seems to only have a go at the younger players . At least Gary was trying to be positive and 'coach' from sidelines. Also Walker is not mobile/fit enough to play the supporting midfielder role- he tired badly in second half but stays on ahead of faster more mobile players who are more capable of taking the game to the opposition.
Thought both Jules and Ross were outstanding last night- quite a few current and ex managers there last night must have been impressed with both.
Fingers crossed for Sat but we must be more positive . We need to score and in a perverse way that might be better than going and trying to defend a one goal lead for 90 mins.

Agree with most of the above although didnt hear any of the shouts from coaching staff, also felt gutted with a draw but still all to play for. Yes Jules & Ross both played well last night, either could of got MOTM. Good to get the early goal but we sat far too deep in second half. Good Luck for Saturday, we'll be there again!! :-)

Far to negative from Naysmith and very poor decisions made by him also, Fash should have been hooked at HT, still looked injured and done nothing in the 2nd due to him being hampered by carrying a injury, and how the f*** is Walker getting in to that team, is Naysmith blind or something as the guy is rank rotten and how he is starting games is unbelievable, is Naysmith scared of him or something because Walker should be in the stand never mind on the pitch, wake up Gary the manager and see the problems that are staring you in the face, go 1 up and then defend for the rest of the game and hold on to that 1-0 lead, just asking for trouble doing that Naysmith.

Tell the fans the truth in your interviews eh, your body language gives it away when you are telling porkies about players being fit or not.

Team needs changed for Saturday and you can start by getting Walker to f*** out of the starting 11, waste of a jersey.

And what was wrong with the fans FFS, get behind the team, when EF went 1-0 up the fans should have been getting behind the team and giving them some support, it was like a f***ing morgue at the ground last night.

See you all on Saturday.

Naysmith is a fucking ham.

End of fucking rant.

In fact, fuck that I'll have my say before my blood pressure shoots up.
It"s all fine being a fucking rookie manager but surely to fuck you have a go at teams especially given its over 2 fucking legs.
The man is utter clueless when it comes to team selection and fucking tactics.
We have no fucking chance of going up under this boiled lump of gammon.

Fuck it.

Did we expect anything other than the tactics employed last night? Wasn`t that long ago at Annan when he tried to defend a 1-0 lead and ended up with nothing. Nothing seems to have been learned and last night we should have had a right go at Stenny and tried to take a healthy lead to them on Saturday. Did their keeper make a save in the 2nd half??? Same old story for the majority of the season.

Been a regular for many years but no way am I going back next season if Naysmith and Anderson(clueless!) are still in charge.

Taking a healthy lead..are you serious.going into sat its 0-0..away goals dont count in playoffs so makes no difference what the score was last night!!

I don't know why so many are angry that it was a draw still have the second leg to come & still in the play-offs. Enjoy the occasion and support the club.

scuba
Taking a healthy lead..are you serious.going into sat its 0-0..away goals dont count in playoffs so makes no difference what the score was last night!!

Of course I was serious when I meant that we should have had a go at Stenny to try and take a decent lead for the second leg? What's wrong with that? And what's that got to do with the 1-1 score last night and away goals? Are YOU serious?

It's only ht! All to play for. Where is the best pub to go for a pint before game? It's been years since I last visited Ochilview, I hope we will have a good support through there and create a good atmosphere in terrace behind goals. No reason why we can't win this. Massive good luck to team and management today. 2.1 us. Mon the Fife

Viewing behind the goals is crap can you go in the stand?