Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Today's game!!

Good Luck to Gary & the boys today, we can do this!! Hopefully we'll get a good support today & get behind the team!!

Re: Today's game!!

Yep, one final push from the lads to get in to the final play off, will be leaving in a few hours, hope to see a big support getting behind the team today, the players really need your support so do your best and get along today if you can.

Good Luck to the Mighty Methil Milan today - 'MON THE FIFE !!!! I Believe.

Aye, good luck Naysmith.
Just remember its all about scoring fucking goals eh.
Knowing you you'll try and defend a no score draw.

Think we all know the fucking outcome of this game. Easy home win against baffling tactics.
If Naysmith pulls a win out of this I'll eat my right leg!
Think my leg is safe.

Mr Angry...when and where? Charity event?

bruce mitchell
Mr Angry...when and where? Charity event?

Bruce, not going to hapen. My leg is safe. The spineless bunch are 0-1 down already after only 6 minutes. Knowing Naysmith he'll try and fucking defend a 0-1 defeat.
Clueless ham that he is.

Still 1-0 Stennie after 78 mins.according to BBC world Sports

1-1
Page 87 mins
Into extra time

2-1

3-1

och well,probably don't deserve it after a poor season overall.onwards and upwards for another season in the basement.still my number one team and always will be .cmon the fife

Gutted but to be fair we were very fortunate to be in the play offs and deserve to remain in basement league. Fuck knows where we go from here.. .

Hopefully with a new manager who isn't tacticaly naive and doesn't defend 1-0 leads!

Clueless.

Naysmith will still be manager next season on a non contract basis.

Mr Angry
Hopefully with a new manager

Can we stop these Naysmith out comments please???, Aye okay we didn't get to the final this year and gained/got promoted this season & last season was relegated by the play-offs to this league to no fault than hiring a person hearts wouldn't mind of at the start of last season and he was a taxi driver never mind a football manager and all this talk about lee murray that fell out the windae and disappeared from the club. Even though we had poor and bad start to 2014-15 season we were bottom until we brought in the players like Julen, Deek and Dickson in to give us that bit of push in the side to get us into the play-offs on the second last week of the football league weekend fixture away to Berwick but we weren't good enough to get promoted but though we did have a dream and a chance of getting promoted yet another season in league Two i wouldn't mind even as well going up to Brora then so be it and go one better than the play-offs next season. Well i'll still buy a season ticket for next season in the summer i dunno about you, you seem to be angry all the time. come on we are east fife...

Don't get the love for Riordan or Dickson, after a decent few games on arriving at the club both have contributed very little. How Riordan was on for the 120 mins today is beyond me ! East Fife were unlucky today and had Fashs chance gone in to put us 2-1 up then it could have been a different chat tonight, hoping Naysmith has learnt over the season and attacks the league in his own style rather than worrying too much about the opposition.

Stop being angry
Mr Angry
Hopefully with a new manager

Can we stop these Naysmith out comments please???, Aye okay we didn't get to the final this year and gained/got promoted this season & last season was relegated by the play-offs to this league to no fault than hiring a person hearts wouldn't mind of at the start of last season and he was a taxi driver never mind a football manager and all this talk about lee murray that fell out the windae and disappeared from the club. Even though we had poor and bad start to 2014-15 season we were bottom until we brought in the players like Julen, Deek and Dickson in to give us that bit of push in the side to get us into the play-offs on the second last week of the football league weekend fixture away to Berwick but we weren't good enough to get promoted but though we did have a dream and a chance of getting promoted yet another season in league Two i wouldn't mind even as well going up to Brora then so be it and go one better than the play-offs next season. Well i'll still buy a season ticket for next season in the summer i dunno about you, you seem to be angry all the time. come on we are east fife...

Agree, would love to visit a new ground, we're very lucky.

Dj danny
Don't get the love for Riordan or Dickson, after a decent few games on arriving at the club both have contributed very little. How Riordan was on for the 120 mins today is beyond me ! East Fife were unlucky today and had Fashs chance gone in to put us 2-1 up then it could have been a different chat tonight, hoping Naysmith has learnt over the season and attacks the league in his own style rather than worrying too much about the opposition.

What are Riordan's stats (goals & assists) like for the amount of games he has played for East Fife from left midfield.?

Who put the cross in for Fash that he missed.?

Yes 3.5/4 hour journey to Brora is to be looked forward to

That's a pity you lost yesterday.
I'd have come along if it had been an East Fife v Arbroath final.
Should imagine it might have been quite tasty with Hislop on the opposition bench and Linn on the wing.

simple simon
Yes 3.5/4 hour journey to Brora is to be looked forward to

Brora don't even want to play in the SPFL. At least Montrose do and I would be sad if they got relegated. Only one goal in it though so all still to play for.