Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Where do we go from here

Well we didn't make it any further than today but that's history now. Looking forward there are a whole lot of questions to answer in the coming weeks.

The Manager - will he be here next season, will he resign, will he be pushed?
The Team - who will be staying, who will want to stay and play in the second division, who do we want to keep, what positions should we be looking to strengthen.
The Club - who will be owners in the next season, will the club go on from strength to strength?
The Fans - how many of the core supporters have had enough and what will the numbers be like next season.

Ps I'll be there in my seat next season cos I am East Fife through and through and it is painful to lose out in the play offs but if I am being honest I still think we were very lucky to make them.

There will be lots of opinions out there, let's here them.

Re: Where do we go from here

Gary Naysmith will be Manager next year unless he resigns - unlikely. Would like to see him bring in a more attack minded Coach who could work with the strikers and maybe teach Gary that the best form of defence is to attack !

Players - who should we keep or at least try to keep ?
Fash - keep (signed I think)
Brown - keep (signed I think)
Barr - keep (signed I think)
Campbell keep (signed I think)
Jules - push the boat out to keep !
Liam Smith - loan finished returns to Hearts
Jordan Miller - loan finished returns to St Johnstone
Jonathan Page - loan finished returns to Dunfermline - sign if he gets released
Ola Adeyemo - loan finished - send back to Dundee United asap !
Jordan Leydon - loan finished returns to Partick Thistle
Scott Smith - release
Caolan McAleer - release
Sean Dickson - try to sign
Allan Walker - release
Gary Naysmith - resign
Allan Fleming - not bothered if we resign
Alan Cook - not bothered if we resign
Derek Riordan - release
Kevin Smith - try to resign
Fraser Mullen - try to resign

No doubt everyone will have an opinion about who to try to keep and what we need for next season. For me, Jules is a player we should build a team around. Too good for this League but his studies may mean he needs to stay part-time so why not us ? A lot of work to be done to build a team to challenge next season and Gary now knows what this League requires to escape.

....."is it down to the lake of fear......Ay ay ay ay ay ah
Ay ay ay ay ay ah".......
Love plus one

Haircut 100
Love plus one

Good yin !!

Fleming - not good enough, needs to command his box (second choice)

Defo keep,or try to

Mullen
Brown
Kev Smith
Page
Jules
Barr
Fash
Campbell
McAleer

Not bothered

Dickson
Riordan
Scott Smith
Walker
Cook

Supplement the keeps with couple of experienced pros and some loaned youngsters

Dickson, not bothered?

You've lost the fucking plot. Should be the first we try and sign up for next season.

Ben
Dickson, not bothered?

You've lost the fucking plot. Should be the first we try and sign up for next season.

Jules and Kevin Smith are the first ones we try to keep.

Haircut 100
Love plus one

Clicky

Terracing Now!
Ben
Dickson, not bothered?

Jules and Kevin Smith are the first ones we try to keep.

Agree with you, but Dickson IS one I would add to that list as well, but would he want to stay???

I really don't think Gary knows how to use him properly and that might make his mind up to move on!!!

Ian Murray was at the game on Wednesday, seemingly interested in Jules and Fash, i doubt Jules will be at East Fife next season.

Another 2 at the game scouting - Sandy Clark, Assistant at Albion Rovers and Alan Johnston, former manager of Kilmarnock, now Dunfermline. They arrived together, could they be teaming up at the Pars?????????

Must be watching Jules, don't think we can hold on to him, unless he appreciates East Fife giving him his chance!!!!

Well Fash is under contract, so anybody wanting him would have to pay for the privilege, and that is something that just really happens in the lower leagues nowadays!!!

Gone are the days of paying the likes of Cowdenbeath £10,000 for for a player like Kenny Munro!!!

Worse than that K K,wiz the 5k wi piyed Stenny fer Tony Speirs.Mind o that guy.

Pretty sure Kev Smith is signed up for next season already too.

Keeps.
Fash - scores if he tries
S.Campbell - doesn't let east fife fans down, gives his all.
Ross Brown - player who plays everywhere and is the best player on the park.
K.Smith - does too much at times and you always know he'll score goals
Julen - doubt it probably go to Dundee/Dunfermline.
A.Fleming - ONLY FOR Back-up please, need a 1st choice goalkeeper Grindlay type - alan martin fae clyde or even Fox fae thistle as he wants to go happy see him back in fife.
Dickson - Deserves a winners medal next season with east fife.
Page - Scores important goals from headers and gets stuck in just shows you we need him more than pars, get the english-man signed next season ffs!

Maybe's
Barr (heard he's signed) no great fan of him comes to me as lightweight than brown and is on the bench for a reason behind walker.
Deek - I would have him for another season, his set-pieces seem to work under the manager system and the lad would enjoy a full season if he wants to still be a footballer or its back to the pubs, does he want to stay that's the question?
L.smith - if hearts gave him another loan would take him back next season.
Walker - maybe for me if not then not bothered.

No to.
Cook - what has he done all season part from injuries and the goal at annan? Gave the ball away on saturday every time and first touch let's him down, can't defend no point of him replacing scott smith.
McAleer - been harsh I like the lad and want the boy to do well but I think his time is up, manager seems to put cook ahead of him if on the bench and lost faith in him.
Scott smith - only replacement at left-back for manager but no the strongest player either but there was signs of him improving and another times beaten by pacey wingers.
Ola - no send him to rot in the under 20's.
R. Campbell - No seen enough, rank
Mullen - no been a fan I dunno what everyone sees in him than scoring against clyde by a lucky free-kick set up but omg him and walker need to sit on the bench yestarday central midfield was getting destroyed.
Falconer and Maskrey bin need wages to bring players that can make a new team and get a full team that's upto winning the league fae arbroath, clyde & stirling next season.
Naysmith resign as a player get a left-back in this anderson on its own he doesn't have a clue in the dug-out than in training.

Loan backs
Leyden - sent back to maryhill was a late loan if's and but's.
Millar - was only young unfair given him and fleming had turns about in stages of the season and kept clean sheets.

What's the story to both Beaton and McShane. I liked Beaton but it appears juniors is for him not herd of him since and McShane had a poor life with us and bizzare playing league one football from league two, it appears fife was too much bit like homesick perhaps he'll be closer to home if albion want him next? Not bothered on both, another wages freed there.

enfifer

If memory serves me correctly we got Speirs as a direct swap for Steven Prior, so actually up on that one.

The 5k we gave Stenny for Gavin Murray, that's another story☹

Keeps.
Fash - What an improvement since the turn of the year.
S.Campbell - Solid at the back, good on the ball in midfield..
Ross Brown - Certainly has something but needs to kick on a bit next season.
K.Smith - Best player in the side.
Jules - Would like it but full time football beckons.
Dickson - One of the players who has helped turn things around.
Page - Very solid at the back with Jules. The two of them compliment each other.
Barr - See Brown.
Riordan - Would be great to see him back - have my doubts though.
Mullen - Class act but I reckon is too good for another season in League Two.
Cook - We haven't seen the best of him yet.

Ritchie
enfifer

If memory serves me correctly we got Speirs as a direct swap for Steven Prior, so actually up on that one.

The 5k we gave Stenny for Gavin Murray, that's another story☹

On the other hand I seem to remember we got 5k off Meadowbank for Stuart Wilson, it worked both ways.

Keep;

Allan Fleming
Julen Etxabeguren Leanizbarrutia
Jonathan Page
Stevie Campbell
Fraser Mullen
Sean Dickson
Ross Brown
Derek Riordan
Nathan Austin
Kevin Smith

Ben
Keep;

Allan Fleming
Jonathan Page
Stevie Campbell
Fraser Mullen
Sean Dickson
Ross Brown
Derek Riordan
Nathan Austin
Kevin Smith

The Premiership teams would be wanting Jules, hope he chooses to stay with us.

Naw biggest waste was £30k on Ray Charles!

MF14 Ultra
Ben
Keep;

Allan Fleming
Jonathan Page
Stevie Campbell
Fraser Mullen
Sean Dickson
Ross Brown
Derek Riordan
Nathan Austin
Kevin Smith

The Premiership teams would be wanting Jules, hope he chooses to stay with us.

Not sure full time football will fit in with being a full time student?

Cheers Ritchie,i didn'y kin that.Statto was tha 30k for Ray not a record fee for a goalkeeper in the lower leagues at the time.(Montrose to East Fife).