Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
boycott and going to raith

Looking like dark time at bayview just now more players out than in and no word on who might be coming in...Think its about time I came to my senses and went to watch at decent team and spend my cash elsewhere!!!

Re: boycott and going to raith

Steady support the team you love through thick and thin.

can you take so much lies and empty promises

Golng to Raith? Hahaha.

I understand your frustrations but why go.to Rath?

' my.wife is fucking around, so I'll fuck her ugly mother

Makes no sense, unless you're looking for an excuse.

You were never an East Fife man in the first place.

mikey
Looking like dark time at bayview just now more players out than in and no word on who might be coming in...Think its about time I came to my senses and went to watch at decent team and spend my cash elsewhere!!!

LOL

raithman
Steady support the team you love through thick and thin.

That's thin and more thin in our case. It grinds you down after a while and most fans have simpy stopped going but I'd rather eat horse manure for the rest of my life than go and watch Rovers

Listen I have supported Raith since 1964 and have seen some dire periods but there have been some great times as well. You just have to take the good with the bad and accept that there will be a time hopefully for you guys soon that your spirits will be lifted. Without you there is no team remember that.

I see Rankine has struck this week on a bad week for the club, players signed were released over the past days. No investment, failed directors bid even lee murray failed with this attempt. Money from Rangers game and cup games go to Livingston aid or a rainy day. Horrible top without a sponsor and it's unlikely m&h people will sponsor us again this season having taken over at airdrie.
I believe we're in debt and it won't put it past me that Mr.Naysmith has handed his CV to brechin this afternoon aswell as he applied for the two championship clubs and failed attempt to stay on.

The club is in a dire mess and has been for years behind the scenes, waiting on next week orders from Rankin.

Still, as long as it's not getting you down.

The situation is a fucking joke! I hardly go anymore as it's a waste of time and money but it still hurts and I will never follow another team. Still don't understand why the current board and fans couldn't join forces and at least attempt to takeover club as one. Worrying times ahead indeed.

Gray shound just go to brechin so this can end getting fed up with this been going on for to much weeks or he shound just walk away i bet this gos on for weeks still

C'mon East Fife management give me a good reason to renew my season ticket?????????

Colin H
Gray shound just go to brechin so this can end getting fed up with this been going on for to much weeks or he shound just walk away i bet this gos on for weeks still
What are you talking about? Gary has all ready committed his foreseeable future to EF....

The bit where it says he put is CV in for brechin yesterday after noon we just have to wait and see

Why are we getting rid of players something not right at East Fife like

DPH
The situation is a fucking joke! I hardly go anymore as it's a waste of time and money but it still hurts and I will never follow another team. Still don't understand why the current board and fans couldn't join forces and at least attempt to takeover club as one. Worrying times ahead indeed.

You know why DPH, these old men would rather hold on to their little piece of power, albeit from the end of a very short leash, rather than have it diluted in any way by people with opposing views to themselves!!!

As John Steinbeck said; "Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts. Perhaps the fear of a loss of power."

And our Directors were feart!!!

Old men and feart what a load o Pish u write kebab.

These old men as u call them were pushed out by Murray,McNeil
Murray and McNeil then took us into £150.000 pounds of debt in
one bloody season then fooked off leaving us with the debt.

Then these old men who are East Fife through and through come
back in and pick up the pieces of a failed and poor attempt at
running a football club and you have the neck to criticise,
they are obviously still trying to balance the books.

And you want them to hand the club over to more people who
have never run a club either ie the trust.

With what happened last time no wonder they are wary of handing
the club over to anyone.

If I'm writing pish then you are surely matching it with your shite!!!

Were these Old Men not on the Board when Murray and McNeil were there???

I think they were!!!

Does that not make them equally to blame for any Boardroom decisions that go awry such as £150,000 pounds of debt???

I think it does!!!

Does that not make them equally to blame for the missing "Rangers" money???

I think it does!!!

Does that not make them equally to blame for any "parachute" payments made to Livingston F.C. that we have a snowball in hell's chance of ever seen being repayed???

I think it does!!!

The Gang of Four were all on the Board when all of these decisions that have ultimately taken our Club to it's current position took place, don't you forget that!!!

And if they didn't vote for any of the decisions they say they didn't agree with how hard did they actually fight against them? These decisions still happened!!!

If these Old Men are so "East Fife through and through" as you say, why did they sit back and allow these events to happen? Surely such East Fife men "through and through" as these four should have/would have been shouting from the rafters about the various illegalities going on? Making their fellow fans aware of what was going on, not standing for it, going public with it, coming out against it!!!

But they did nothing!!!

They sat on their hands and kept schtum, now why would such "East Fife through and through" men do that? I wouldn't and I can only assume that you wouldn't, so why would they???

Could it be because they are nothing but puppets in position being told what to do or is it simply that they are in positions of responsibility far beyond their actual abilities or is it perhaps a bit of both???

They didn't come in and pick up the pieces, as you so self-righteously say, they were actually present when the fucking thing got broken!!!

If it was Taggart investigating a murder, these four would be his prime suspects, as they were present at the scene of the crime, at the time of the crime, everytime!!!

You use the phrase "a failed and poor attempt at running a football club", now remind me, how long have these four been in the Boardroom at Bayview for now and what is our current standing in the game???

They are very definition of "a failed and poor attempt at running a football club"!!!

King Kebab
If I'm writing pish then you are surely matching it with your shite!!!

Were these Old Men not on the Board when Murray and McNeil were there???

I think they were!!!

Does that not make them equally to blame for any Boardroom decisions that go awry such as £150,000 pounds of debt???

I think it does!!!

Does that not make them equally to blame for the missing "Rangers" money???

I think it does!!!

Does that not make them equally to blame for any "parachute" payments made to Livingston F.C. that we have a snowball in hell's chance of ever seen being repayed???

I think it does!!!

The Gang of Four were all on the Board when all these decisions took place don't forget that and if they are so "East Fife through and through" as you say, why did they sit back and allow these events to happen? Surely such East Fife men "through and through" should have/would have been shouting from the rafters about the various illegalities going on? Making their fellow fans aware, not standing for it, going public with it, coming out against it!!!

But they did nothing!!!

They sat on their hands and kept schtum, now why would such "East Fife through and through" men do that? I wouldn't and I can only assume that you wouldn't, so why would they???

Could it be because they are nothing but puppets in position being told what to do or is it simply that they are in positions of responsibility far beyond their actual abilities or is it perhaps a bit of both???

They didn't come in and pick up the pieces, as you so self-righteously say, they were there when the fucking thing got broken!!!

You use the phrase "a failed and poor attempt at running a football club", now remind me, how long have these four been in the Boardroom at Bayview for now and what is our current standing in the game???

They are very definition of "a failed and poor attempt at running a football club"!!!

Maybe they were there but had little say in anything cause it was ran like a one man
band hence the reason McNeil probably left.

So no they are not to blame for the debt as pushed so far down the chain of command.
Someone gave Murray/McNeil a loose leash and they hung themselves on it.

Your guessing about missing rangers money you have no input on it just like me so you
don't have a clue about that money stop believing your own thoughts on that subject.

I would agree with you about someone pulling the strings from afar ie rankine.

And as far as failed attempt at running a club,we are still in business aren't we and we
we're no where near 150.000 quid down the swany before the failure of Murray / McNeil

More pish

Maybe they were there but had little say in anything cause it was ran like a one man band hence the reason McNeil probably left.

So no they are not to blame for the debt as pushed so far down the chain of command.
Someone gave Murray/McNeil a loose leash and they hung themselves on it.

Your guessing about missing rangers money you have no input on it just like me so you
don't have a clue about that money stop believing your own thoughts on that subject.

I would agree with you about someone pulling the strings from afar ie rankine.

And as far as failed attempt at running a club,we are still in business aren't we and we
we're no where near 150.000 quid down the swany before the failure of Murray / McNeil

If I am guessing about the "Rangers money", which I'm not, that was a publicly made decision, the final whereabouts of the money is the only thing that can be guessed at now, then equally you are guessing regarding the current Boards input during the Murray/McNeil era!!!

Unless you were there, you wouldn't know what input they did or didn't have, I have only been stating what they should have been doing, not what they actually did, but both appear to be nothing!!!

As you appear to have the inside track on Club's finances, perhaps you can enlighten us as to the final destination of the "Rangers Money", I notice you didn't mention anything regarding the payments made to Livingston, you obviously know these to be factual, yet you fail to mention it, would this perhaps highlight the lack of acumen on the Board you are trying to defend or merely highlight the fact that they were and still are puppets for Rankine!!!

Your failed attempt at defence for the Gang of Four still doesn't excuse the fact that they have all been present for our decline since the Danskin era, through the Collumbine years, the Murray/McNeil years to our current position, a chain of unbridled success it is not!!!

i just love King Kebab when he's angry. Makes me go all week at the knees

Reminds me of the lovely experience in the loos at East Stirling.

The Rangers money lol................. What that wiz 2 year ago ya dafty. You have more chance of finding the holy grail, the bucket of gold at the end of the rainbow, Shergar, Lord Luchan, the real stone of destiny, a fit bird in Cowden........ Stop moaning and just wait for the season to start. If we are shite hey ho no change there if we do ok it is a bonus..... We are East Fife Methil East Fife know one likes us ...... lol not even our own fans...... In fact our own fans hate us most..........

Flash back 2 years ago,all the talk was off "revelution" and all the great players we were going to sign,with no idea on how we were going to pay for it all.apart from "good old" Lees words of wisdom on the matter.
This year,we can't even attract a half decent signing,although there is still plenty off time to do so.
Fast forward 3 years,were an average team,playing in the lowland league.
Fast forward 6 years.Bayviews been bulldozed down,with now around 50/60 houses built where the ground was and surrounding area,with street names such as "Twigg Street",Rankin avenue" and not forgetting "Broons mound road"

Mystic Goon!!!!!
Flash back 2 years ago,all the talk was off "revelution" and all the great players we were going to sign,with no idea on how we were going to pay for it all.apart from "good old" Lees words of wisdom on the matter.
This year,we can't even attract a half decent signing,although there is still plenty off time to do so.
Fast forward 6 years.Bayviews been bulldozed down,with now around 50/60 houses built where the ground was and surrounding area,with street names such as "Twigg Street",Rankin avenue" and not forgetting "Broons mound road"

And Jocky Terrace

And ur point is?

If we don't start signing players we won't have to boycott as there won't be a team to support. We will end up with the shit no other team wants.

Agree surely we will do something this week there is rovers pars and Cowdenbeath doing something and other teams

Got my early bird season ticket today.

Just a thought, it's like playing brag and going £5 blind cos of lack of players????????

Still East Fife have not done nothing yet how long are they going to leave this shound have had singings in by now

Colin H
Still East Fife have not done nothing yet how long are they going to leave this shound have had singings in by now

Only a few teams have most of their players signed. It's only the second week of June plenty time for signings.

Mystic Goon!!!!!

Fast forward 9 years, we're ground sharing with Leven United's ramshackle caged playing field.
Fast forward 12 years, we're in administration and on the verge of liquidation
Fast forward 15 years, there's a new club called AFC East Fife in the amateur league playing at Savoy.
Fast forward 20 years, the new club AFC East Fife's plans to move to a wee ground in application to the Lowland League is rejected and still playing in the Savoy playing in the lowest Fife amateur league with lack of players and money
Fast forward 30 years, AFC East Fife is gone permanently and the old East Fife fans who supported the awful AFC East Fife team when we died supporting the lino lickers and Coodung and no more clubs in Levenmouth.

Hard times are ahead and will get worse.

MF14 Ultra
Mystic Goon!!!!!

Fast forward 9 years, we're ground sharing with Leven United's ramshackle caged playing field.
Fast forward 12 years, we're in administration and on the verge of liquidation
Fast forward 15 years, there's a new club called AFC East Fife in the amateur league playing at Savoy.
Fast forward 20 years, the new club AFC East Fife's plans to move to a wee ground in application to the Lowland League is rejected and still playing in the Savoy playing in the lowest Fife amateur league with lack of players and money
Fast forward 30 years, AFC East Fife is gone permanently and the old East Fife fans who supported the awful AFC East Fife team when we died supporting the lino lickers and Coodung and no more clubs in Levenmouth.

Hard times are ahead and will get worse.

Get a grip o yerself fur fuk sake.

Christ fans coming over from one of the smaller dark sides. You guys must be in a dire state!! Ach well we will pile more misery on you shortly at bayview!!