Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Squad

Is that 10 players we have now with Alan Cook leaving?

Re: Squad

Supporter68
Is that 10 players we have now with Alan Cook leaving?

Yeah that includes naysmith as a player, worrying times if there's any more released or making way for Hill to sign and start of something new.

The next week or 2 could be interesting. Won't be many season ticket sales at this rate anyway. Chairman stating in local media that they aim to hit the ground running and win the league then next thing we have confirmed signings leaving with no one coming in! An update on official website would be appreciated....

Maybe adding 1 + 1 here and getting 3, but the three players who were reportedly signed for next season and that have now left, have all left in the last week, the same week that Gary Naysmith said he was going on holiday!!!

So the obvious questions are;

a) Does Gary even know these guys have left???
b) Did he agree to them leaving???
c) If not, who made the decision allowing them to go???
d) Is Gary in for an awfy big shock when he comes back on Monday???

King Kebab
Maybe adding 1 + 1 here and getting 3, but the three players who were reportedly signed for next season and that have now left, have all left in the last week, the same week that Gary Naysmith said he was going on holiday!!!

So the obvious questions are;

a) Does Gary even know these guys have left???
b) Did he agree to them leaving???
c) If not, who made the decision allowing them to go???
d) Is Gary in for an awfy big shock when he comes back on Monday???

Gary came back from his holiday on Sunday....

Cr

My first sentence is my get-out clause, but doesn't that just mean that two of the players were released when he was on holiday???

King Kebab
Cr

My first sentence is my get-out clause, but doesn't that just mean that two of the players were released when he was on holiday???

Haha! I'm not sure what the story with Fleming is but Lewis Barr was told a few weeks ago he was free to find another club if he wished to do so.

Cr

Haha! I'm not sure what the story with Fleming is but Lewis Barr was told a few weeks ago he was free to find another club if he wished to do so.

Not doubting your verasity, but if that is the case, why then was Barr's name released as one of the plyers who who would be with us next season???

We can confirm that Kevin Smith, Fraser Mullen, Jonathan Page & Allan Walker have all agreed to remain at Bayview for season 2015/2016 along with Nathan Austin, Lewis Barr, Ross Brown, Steven Campbell, Alan Cook, Allan Fleming and Jon McShane.

I've no inside info at all, but I suspect there might be a lot less to this than meets the eye.

The guys who have left were originally signed into next season which probably seemed a good idea at the time. The budget is now cut and time has passed and the manager (hopefully) has taken stock. This would include looking at how players have fit in / performed.

As a result certain players might have been told that they could leave by mutual consent if they wished and a couple have done that.

This will allow the manager to re-balance the squad within his budget. I recall a lot of worry and panic in January when certain players left - followed by a collective approval when Page, Riordan et al subsequently arrived / re-signed.

No doubt though that there's pressure/scrutiny in the weeks ahead in what is undoubtedly a crossroads for the Club ... or put another way, it's shit-or-bust time.

Apologist!!!

Lets be serious,no one,apart from Julen,that has left the club are any great loss.Hopefully,the manager can clear out all the driftwood and add a few bits of quality to what we have already.The standard of this league is extremely poor and a few shrewd signings could make us contenders.
The flipside of this is, that I have seen no indication that Mr Naysmith has any ability to spot a worthwhile talent and incorporate him into a successful team!

King Kebab
Cr

Not doubting your verasity, but if that is the case, why then was Barr's name released as one of the plyers who who would be with us next season???

We can confirm that Kevin Smith, Fraser Mullen, Jonathan Page & Allan Walker have all agreed to remain at Bayview for season 2015/2016 along with Nathan Austin, Lewis Barr, Ross Brown, Steven Campbell, Alan Cook, Allan Fleming and Jon McShane.

he was on a 2 year deal not 100% sure though

Alan cook has signed for stenny I bet mcshane will be Next to leave

Realist
Lets be serious,no one,apart from Julen,that has left the club are any great loss.Hopefully,the manager can clear out all the driftwood and add a few bits of quality to what we have already.The standard of this league is extremely poor and a few shrewd signings could make us contenders.
The flipside of this is, that I have seen no indication that Mr Naysmith has any ability to spot a worthwhile talent and incorporate him into a successful team!

We were never going to hold on to Julen and I hope he makes the grade in premier league football.

The only other player who has left that I would have liked to sign on another year was Sean Dickson.

The rest were all either plagued with injury or just average