Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
rankine

It looks like Rankine has divested himself of shares and commitment to Livi. This means that he can maintain his holding with EF with no pressure from the SFA. So will the bid by the directors now fall through? I suspect so as I always maintained it was a smokescreen anyway.

What will this mean for the club? Answers on a postcard with a prize for best prediction.

Re: rankine

Okay, I predict that with all his focus on EF, we will have a bright and prosperous future starting next season.

Mind you, I predicted that Kevin Steel would be a star and that Gordon Durie would never make a player.

I have a confession to make. I once did a bit of scouting for Raith Rovers. That said Before this I recommended 2 players to The Fife 1. Was Andy Todd and the other a goalkeeper called Raymond Allen.. Nobody followed up on this and Andy went on to sign for Dunfermline and Raymond played in goal for the Blue Brazil for 10 years. I went to watch an under 18 game for the Rovers and saw this lad playing sweeper. I went up to his manager and asked if I could invite him to come and train at Starks Park. He said you better check with Dave Clarke because he's already signed with East Fife!!! Gordon Durie was the lad, and he did play sweeper then but went on to be a bigger and better Leg End than me.

As Livingston FC transfer enbargo is now lifted and Rankine's shares passed onto fellow shareholder Gordon Ford at west Lothian club is there more on this story now his only interest will be east fife under shareholders twigg and Johnstone to become future chairman and rescue east fife from this doom and gloom back to the glory days or do we expect the club to rot away and die by staying in league 2 and behind cowden, raith etc?
With rankine giving Livingston money like STV appered to say we gave livi money, will it mean he'll want that money back by becoming on board or chairman of east fife? Like the saga of rangers-mike Ashley/sportsdirect involvement?
We don't have much muti-billionaire that live in the area unless Gordon Brown came to support east fife and everyone thought lee murray was the answer and it just proved he was pub manager not a football investor after-all who better than hire rankine if he is that keen, why not? Least give naysmith and east fife the budget and expections, ambition we need for years ahead and get up the leagues.
In the last 12 months this story been brought to the news and followed very closely having rankine had interest in three clubs with dumbarton dropped and now has ended livi, he can only help east fife and remember we had to sell land not that long ago as we are losing profits, now we can't seem to sign anyone it seems to the manager and we are 2/3 weeks in June already we had three players signed moved on and the board don't seem to get any younger or have much to offer to put forward to the club? Unless stevenson got cash and made a will to keep the boat aflot for the next years though they have been on the board since danskin era past the broon and columbine era and it seems rankine name still appears and it would be our only option I can think to get us amition and glory with me thinking the rason he wanted three clubs was to be part of it but it's all came down to east fife he having a interest for and shareholders belonging to the club are we going to expect more to come out of rankine-east fife?

As for that new yellow home top it suggest we need to get sponsors sorted just like last summer be late July/early august time before its released, I doubt be M&H as they have brought over airdrieonians already see clyde and stirling have released their kits way ahead of us with kits, signings etc..I just hope we get excited about something this year we already playing catch up and feeling frustrated like the manager is.