Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Friendly Matches and Hospitality

From the official site:

Friendly Matches Admission and Hospitality

22 June 2015

The prices of admission for the forthcoming friendly matches against Dunfermline ,Saturday, 4th July, KO 1pm; Exeter City, Tuesday, 7th July KO 7.30pm; Hearts, Saturday 11th July, KO 2pm;Raith Rovers, Saturday 18th July KO 3pm. will be £10 for adults and £5 for over 60s and children over 12. Primary school children will be admitted for £2. (12 years of age and under)

Fans are reminded that hospitality is on offer for the Dunfermline match, priced £25 inclusive of meal of Fish and Chips, entry to match, programme and half time refreshments with pay bar.The bars will open at 11.30am and lunches will start at 11.45am. Contact us to take advantage of this offer as soon as possible.

Also on offer for the Raith Rovers match are the usual Club hospitality packages priced £30 + Vat (paybar) and £50 + Vat (with drinks). Again contact the Club as soon as possible to book your meals.

Re: Friendly Matches and Hospitality

£10 is a bit steep is it not

thot that as well,3 home friendlies in 8 days-£30,a joke

Wont be paying that to watch half a team of trialists that nobody else wants.

Is there a bar in the ground that you can just go in and have a beer or two without having to book a hospitality package?

Yes Raithman 2 Bars!! :-)

Oh thankyou kind sir.

Dubs
£10 is a bit steep is it not

Feck

£10.00 for a friendly at this level ? have word FFS

No problem Mr Raithman, lets hope for a good game!!

£10 for a friendly? FFS - NO CHANCE I WILL BE GOING TO ANY OF THOSE GAMES. The club is taking the piss.

£10 is a fucking joke! Yet again, well done the board. #cluelessdinosaurs

Totally agree with you guys,£10 for friendly matches is very steep,however we are paying the price for our last chairmans 12/14 month in charge when he flung money around like spreading seeds in a field.He caused the crippling depts that are now crippling our club off signing half decent players and making our fans,as well as Raith,pars and Hearts pay through the nose to watch a practice/kickabout/training sesh.The club are just trying to make extra money,just like teams in the prem have done for years,when the old firm come to town.
The next 3 years for this football club are critical.If we do not get a good cup run in that time/or promotion were fucked.The signs are there for us all to see.The writings on the wall.

£10 = empty stadium,complaining fans.
£5 = more fans,less complaints and probably bringing in more money.

I get that the club is struggling financially but they will find that this approach wont work and all there will be is an empty stadium. I cant justify £30 in just seven days to watch training matches with umpteen substitutions. Really bad move by the board.

Yet another balls up by the Board! One player signed and they expect people to fork out £30 for 3 friendlies.

This once proud club is in serious, serious decline.

enfifer
Totally agree with you guys,£10 for friendly matches is very steep,however we are paying the price for our last chairmans 12/14 month in charge when he flung money around like spreading seeds in a field.He caused the crippling depts that are now crippling our club off signing half decent players and making our fans,as well as Raith,pars and Hearts pay through the nose to watch a practice/kickabout/training sesh.The club are just trying to make extra money,just like teams in the prem have done for years,when the old firm come to town.
The next 3 years for this football club are critical.If we do not get a good cup run in that time/or promotion were fucked.The signs are there for us all to see.The writings on the wall.

enfifer - you are the voice of reason!!

Messrs McNeil and Murray- where are they now by the way?- managed to incur a loss of £142,000 during their short-term stewardship of the club.Mr Murray also managed to draw up contracts for players which the club could not afford.
Exactly how he was able to do this without consultation with the other Board members beggars belief.
Last season the Board HAD to sell the club's prize asset, the land, to finance the incurred loss and to enable the club to survive.
It is only prudent that the club has cut back on the budget for the current season- we were, after all, paying over the odds for last year's players.
The club is indeed at a crossroads and ultimately it will be up to the local community to decide whether the club is to continue.
My view , and indeed I know that the view of the Board, is that the club will not flourish until Rankine has gone.
A few months ago the Directors were so so sure that they were going to purchase the club from Rankine/ Johnston/Twigg. Now I am not so sure.
What I do know is that there is a distinct lack of leadership/public pronouncements emanating from Bayview , causing a general apathy/concern amongst the supporters.

sammy
enfifer

enfifer - you are the voice of reason!!

Messrs McNeil and Murray- where are they now by the way?- managed to incur a loss of £142,000 during their short-term stewardship of the club.Mr Murray also managed to draw up contracts for players which the club could not afford.
Exactly how he was able to do this without consultation with the other Board members beggars belief.
Last season the Board HAD to sell the club's prize asset, the land, to finance the incurred loss and to enable the club to survive.
It is only prudent that the club has cut back on the budget for the current season- we were, after all, paying over the odds for last year's players.
The club is indeed at a crossroads and ultimately it will be up to the local community to decide whether the club is to continue.
My view , and indeed I know that the view of the Board, is that the club will not flourish until Rankine has gone.
A few months ago the Directors were so so sure that they were going to purchase the club from Rankine/ Johnston/Twigg. Now I am not so sure.
What I do know is that there is a distinct lack of leadership/public pronouncements emanating from Bayview , causing a general apathy/concern amongst the supporters.
The current board were there as well during Murray's disastrous stint as chairman so surely they are also partly responsible for our current situation?

It's going to cost £14 for my two kids and myself to attend the game on the 18th of July - I don't think that's too bad - it would cost a hoor of a lot more to take them to the pictures, ten pin bowling or Burntisland shows, and I'm sure the scran and drink at Bayview will be less of a rip off than at these places.
If you halved the prices would you expect to get double the crowd?
Might have been worth your board doing a 3 games for £20 package, but if you price friendlies too low, you give people less of an incentive to buy season tickets.

Maybe so dph,however my understanding is that Murray and his cronnies ran the show.The other directors,including the trusts rep just had to go along with there ideas,no matter how they felt about it.
How much was it to get into last years friendlys against Hamilton,St.Johnstone,Hearts and Fulham?If my memory serves me right,the club offered a ticket for £30 to watch the 4 off them.Could thay not do something likewise for this seasons games.

enfifer
Maybe so dph,however my understanding is that Murray and his cronnies ran the show.The other directors,including the trusts rep just had to go along with there ideas,no matter how they felt about it.
How much was it to get into last years friendlys against Hamilton,St.Johnstone,Hearts and Fulham?If my memory serves me right,the club offered a ticket for £30 to watch the 4 off them.Could thay not do something likewise for this seasons games.
Fair enough. Murray walks away unscathed, the man is an absolute cunt in my eyes. Aye the board should do a wee package for the friendlies, I just can't see many paying £10 a game to watch EF play meaningless friendly's against other Scottish team, Exeter hardly a glamour game either. Anyway, hopefully we will hear of signings soon and we have a team, after all, the aim is to hit the ground running and to win the league.....

Agree 100 dph.

Dph,I don't know what you mean by
meaningless games,every other club
in the country will play pre-season games
it's not just about getting money in.

It's about building a team,trying out
trylists,building fitness,finding out all
sorts incl formations.

So people either go or don't,I'll be there
rallying round my club like the Dunfermline
fans have done.Dont see them bitching
about prices or who they are playing.

Well said TO GO OR NOT T O GO. I'll be there alongside side you supporting my team however I do see that it is a burden on some supporters with 3 games in 7 days. What was wrong with last years idea which was to offer one discount if you paid up front for the friendliest. Or what about an Albion Rovers and ask the supporters to pay what they can. Better a fuller ground with a better atmosphere than maybe getting a few extra pounds. Better crowds encourage even more people to come back to Bayview.

To Go or Not to Go
Dph,I don't know what you mean by
meaningless games,every other club
in the country will play pre-season games
it's not just about getting money in.

It's about building a team,trying out
trylists,building fitness,finding out all
sorts incl formations.

So people either go or don't,I'll be there
rallying round my club like the Dunfermline
fans have done.Dont see them bitching
about prices or who they are playing.

Fer Fucks Sake, Naysmith the ham could have 500 friendlies lined up and still wouldn't know how to pick a fuckin team.

#wearefucked

Here is another,unless you're Dick Campbell
Or another experienced manager mr angry

What the fcuk would you know about picking
a team or getting a squad together,about
as much clue as me.

To Go or Not to Go
Here is another,unless you're Dick Campbell
Or another experienced manager mr angry

What the fcuk would you know about picking
a team or getting a squad together,about
as much clue as me.

Call the grammar Police.
We have a live one!

Mr Angry rules.

DPH
enfifer
Fair enough. Murray walks away unscathed, the man is an absolute cunt in my eyes. Aye the board should do a wee package for the friendlies, I just can't see many paying £10 a game to watch EF play meaningless friendly's against other Scottish team, Exeter hardly a glamour game either. Anyway, hopefully we will hear of signings soon and we have a team, after all, the aim is to hit the ground running and to win the league.....

Agree 100%

The man got his day out in the boardroom at his precious Ibrox.

Meanwhile we are relegated and paying off his debts

The Club is pleased to announce a reduction of admission price for the Hearts game on 11th July .

The prices will now be Adult (all) - £5 and £2 for children. There are no other concessions. Remember it is a 2pm Kick Off

Jim Stevenson

Chairman

Rotherham, Wigan & Everton v Dundee for £20

Dunfermline, Exeter & Raith Rovers v EastFife for £30

Stop whining and either pay up or shut up!n