Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New Signing

Paul Shields from Kelty. Hes 34 in August.

Re: New Signing

This will be about the 5th player who has been rumoured to have signed by a Clyde fan

I heard this too. terrible signing

Fuck right off

If this is true im done.

Another ex Lino to add to your ranks.
He scored on his debut for us against Hearts when he was about 17, did very little thereafter, then for some reason Celtic decided to bung us 100 grand for him.

According to the official Twitter account new signings are going to be announced tomorrow.

Fifer
According to the official Twitter account new signings are going to be announced tomorrow.

Nearly 10am nothing yet so far, please be Josh Watt be happy with that than those mention

The club are delighted to announce that, in addition to previously announced signing Ryan Goodfellow (goalkeeper) from Dunfermline Athletic, a further three players have now joined East Fife.

They are former Graeme MacGregor, a right-back who was recently with East Stirlingshire; right-midfielder Kyle Wilkie, who spent the latter part of last season at Berwick Rangers; and left-midfielder Pat Slattery, who played for Queen’s Park last season on loan from Queen of the South.

Graeme MacGregor is a former Scotland under-19 internationalist who started his Senior career with Bolton Wanderers before moving on to Hamilton Academical and St. Mirren.

Kyle Wilkie is another player who has seen service with Hamilton Academical, and has also been on the books of Stockport County, Greenock Morton and Livingston.

After having been on Gretna’s books as a youngster, Pat Slattery signed for Queen of the South at the age of sixteen. He was on the ‘Doonhamers’ books for six years and, as previously stated, was farmed out to Queen’s Park last season.

Tweet

Kyle Wilkie is a great signing. Don't really know the other two.

Slattery and Wilkie looks great signings already. Slattery playing in good queens Park team last season with full of Clydebank/junior crop players that claimed second and runners up in play-off final for QP we will see if queens Park will miss having Darren miller and him in the side this season we shall see. Wilkie boosted berwick squad in the latter half that missed out on an play-off spot and chipped in with a few goals if I can remember and McGregor unknown as I haven't seen yet but going along in reading he is a right back. we lost durie to clyde last summer and even though he wasn't a big loss i felt at times last season we never replaced as a right back player in the squad maybe this boy will see mullen and ross brown to their best position probably naysmith thought that. Goodfellow was in goals against rangers back in May 2014 for the pars which ended in a 1-1 draw at east end park that's enough for me to suggest he'll be a good a signing for us considering they put Scully on-loan from thistle in goals all season ahead of him and is young keeper and has the potential to be a great goalkeeper and I understand he'll be first choice for us as he is the only keeper on our books at the moment and any squad does need two goalies for cover it's early days still and 1st game of pre-season on saturday looking positive and our team is getting there by filling the gaps left by those released in may/june (those signed, left for clubs) but it's a good start today though.

Just need a centre back to cover for Campbell, left back I doubt naysmith will play every game, Goalkeeper and another 2 midfielders as naysmith said we have enough cover upfront in mcshane, fash and k.smith so his main focus are defence and midfield for players plus we still have our bonus loan market where naysmith makes good use of like to see Liam smith back but I doubt re-loaning him back in the league again as far as for his football development goes that would be a step back in getting into the hearts team but who knows.

Does this mean we have a team now?

Now can Mr. Angry be Mr. Happy for once?

Terracing Now!
Does this mean we have a team now?

13 players signed so yeah it appears we do have a team.

I always look forward to a comment from Mr Angry. Even if it's usually a touch pessimistic!
Personally I reckon Gary will give it a really good go this season. I'll be at as many matches as possible.