Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
League Cup 1st Round

The draw for the first round of the Scottish League Cup will be made at Hampden Park, Glasgow at 2.30 pm this Monday, July 6.

First-round ties are due to be played on Saturday August 1. (subject to change)

The First Round of this season's competition will be seeded and will involve all 30 clubs which participated in the SPFL Champsionship, League 1 & League 2 during the course of season 2014/15.

Seeded teams and numbers

1. Heart of Midlothian
2. Hibernian
3. Rangers
4. Queen of the South
5. Falkirk
6. Raith Rovers
7. Dumbarton
8. Livingston
9. Alloa Athletic
10. Cowdenbeath
11. Morton
12. Stranraer
13. Forfar Athletic
14. Brechin City
15. Airdrieonians

Unseeded teams and numbers

16. Peterhead
17. Dunfermline Athletic
18. Ayr United
19. Stenhousemuir
20. Stirling Albion
21. Albion Rovers
22. Queen's Park
23. Arbroath
24. East Fife
25. Annan Athletic
26. Clyde
27. Elgin City
28. Berwick Rangers
29. East Stirlingshire
30. Montrose

First round
Draw to be made on Monday July 6
Ties due Saturday August 1

Who we want Raith or Cowden?

Re: League Cup 1st Round

Whats with all this seeded and unseeded crap, why cant we just have all the teams in the hat and draw them ffs.

Hibs away.

Anyone bar Greenock, Stranraer, Falkirk and Forfar i'll be happy and home tie would be a bonus since we would have three away games on the trot.

effcno1
Whats with all this seeded and unseeded crap, why cant we just have all the teams in the hat and draw them ffs.

MONEY

1 in 5 chance of big pay day if u think of it that way

Won't matter if we get a decent pay day, it will be siphoned out of club one way or another.

If we get any of the top three seeded teams I see us having a pay day but i'll take the rovers or cowden as every east fife fan wants play their rivals more than facing the teams in the city.
Is falkirk a pay day or is that spilt 50/50? Wonderful to have falkirk, hibs/hearts or rangers what a way to start the season.

I believe the draw is made seeded v unseeded; unseeded v seeded; seeded v unseeded etc so there will be no chance that all seeded clubs get drawn at home

7. Dumbarton at home for league cup that's who we have. Good or bad?

western parr
7. Dumbarton at home for league cup that's who we have. Good or bad?

Bad, they've built a very good squad.

Rangers will defo win their tie, hope we get them away in the next round and show them who's got better and louder fans and also show them who ain't bigots.

MF14 Ultra
Rangers will defo win their tie, hope we get them away in the next round and show them who's got better and louder fans and also show them who ain't bigots.

Or we can get Livingston away and see what side Rankin chooses. We play dumbarton a team his former employees and it be progress for east fife need get past falkirk or Dumbarton first see who we really get we have as much chances to compete in the cups as anybody really. I love a cup shock no had one in ages unless getting past a poor forfar side last season which we beat didn't get upto much so who knows.
Rankin will be wanting the east fife bussiness to boom this is a good start what an odd tie to get dumbarton at home. Kev Smith will be facing his brother Gordon, nice family re-union there for both players also, Kev's delighted but disapointed not to play in the tie how nice.

CambuslangFifer
MF14 Ultra

Or we can get Livingston away and see what side Rankin chooses. We play dumbarton a team his former employees and it be progress for east fife need get past falkirk or Dumbarton first see who we really get we have as much chances to compete in the cups as anybody really. I love a cup shock no had one in ages unless getting past a poor forfar side last season which we beat didn't get upto much so who knows.
Rankin will be wanting the east fife bussiness to boom this is a good start what an odd tie to get dumbarton at home. Kev Smith will be facing his brother Gordon, nice family re-union there for both players also, Kev's delighted but disapointed not to play in the tie how nice.

A poor Forfar side? They finished 3rd 3 points off of Morton in 1st I wish we could even come close to that!

MF14 Ultra

Are you not just a celtic fan , that can't afford the bus fare ?

MF14 Ultra

We've played those morons often enough in recent years, frankly I'd rather play Forfar.

moose
MF14 Ultra

Are you not just a celtic fan , that can't afford the bus fare ?

I'm not a celtic fan, I just want us to beat them away