Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
East Fife - Hearts

Anyone going down to this tomorrow?
I am right saying its a 2pm KO?

Re: East Fife - Hearts

Yes u are right it's 2 and yeah I be good 😃

2-1 Fife, Fash with both. I think Fash scored 5 today but the rest all giving offside.
Another good performance and team getting some good shape to it.
Impressed with to many players to name individualy, i did think Wilkie coming on 2nd half was brilliant and added pace and flair.

Slightly off topic but I sat myself today at football....it was miserable so anytime somebody is going down from here that doesn't mind sitting with a newbie who's learning about East Fife give me a shout.

Excellent. I know it was just a U20 Hearts side but still, confidence of getting goals always good.

How did the Fife line up?

Also, stranger question, was there a young guy called Dario Zanatta in the Hearts line up? If so, did he play, for how long and how did he look? Just joined them from Vancouver Whitecaps and an excellent prospect. Might be worth us looking at taking him on loan.

Whole team played well today, new signings looking good & working well with retained players from last season!!

Trialist GK
Mcgregor? O'kane Page Mercer
Brown Walker Mullen Slattery
Smith Austin

Really pleased with team today - starting to look like a much more balanced squad .
Thought the new signings gave us energy and drive. We were opened up through the middle too easily at times but hope Gary will work on this in weeks ahead.
Need a couple strikers as Fash will get a battering most games and Smith puts a hard shift in every game.

Especially liked Wilkie - would like to see him and Brown In CM

Anyone know who the No 9 trialist was?

Our Pre-season form.

Lost dunfermline
Drew Exeter
Win Hearts (U20s)

Postitve start for the build up to both cup games and at stenhousemuir face shire's and team look more balance more hungry with those retain your right Fifer 11 and hopefully stevie's op he isn't too long out to come back in but the whole squad look very decent even though we need a striker, goalie and maybe another defender and gary does use the loan market good so we may see young players added. Am pleased how we are shaping up and the arrival of murray, page and others has helped with mcshane, cook and others who disappointed us last year been shipped out and walker looks a different player maybe over the summer he has sorted his head and playing under a good team he'll need to work to be a regular this time around.

Been here before. Same old shite, different season.
Stevenson and his puppets are quite happy to stay in this division till the world freezes over.
We are fucked already and you hams need to accept it.

Mr Angry
Stevenson and his puppets are quite happy to stay in this division till the world freezes over.

Fitting name!!!!!

Mr Angry

The season hasn't started yet and we have a new team.

There teams in the league a lot more gelled than us. No money, signing a bunch of new players... Playoffs at best!

Dubs
There teams in the league a lot more gelled than us. No money, signing a bunch of new players... Playoffs at best!

How the hell would you know teams have gelled better than us
you haven't even seen any teams yet.

Stop being negative and think positive.

Clyde drew with EK 1-1, Elgin lost 5-3 after been 3-2 up at HT and we beat hearts u20s 2-1 and drew with Exeter 1-1. While Arbroath beat Exeter so early days...

Spending money doesn't guarantee a successful team on the park.

Look at what Jim Moffat did with his rag tag bunch of players. There's a lot to e said for a team the gels and wants to play to be noticed.

Let's wait till a few (competitive) games in before all the usual negative pish starts.

For me, having two goalscorers will be the making or breaking of this team. Can Fash produce like this for the season? Who will step up and help him? Will we even play two strikers in games?

Get good answers to those and we have a chance.

Hi GoF

Here is the Hearts kickback game thread which has more info on Dario Zanatta. There appears to be confusion as to whether he is a signed Hearts player. He was listed as a trialist at the game.

Stu

oops, forgot link

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/153080-east-fife-v-hearts-weans/