Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Club shop

Season tickets aren't a booklet just be one credit card size card to scan as you go through the turnstiles saves paper ie Rangers, hibs have these for season ticket holders I noticed for the entire season and ours is old fashion ticket style book.
Team calander's, training tops of Joma, Polo shirt's juniors and adults and replica home and away tops. East Fife jackets made by Joma and hoodies. Season by season by EFTV at the end of season for the entire season.
Fridge magnets, Mugs, Club crests wallets, flags, coasters, pens, pencils, ruler's, car sticker's, club colour and club crests ties, club crests stuffed teddys and keyrings.

Bette Noir
The Club Shop could've easily been re-named 'Old Mother Hubbard's' last season; I've seen more stock in a Syrian supermarket. Be that as it may, here's my suggestions:

It would be good if the club could stock the right amount of replica shirts in the most popular sizes for starters and available before the start of the season. Small doesn't sell as well as L or XL sizes.

Stock retro shirts; from the 1960's or 70's. Do a proper retro EFFC cotton 1938 shirt - the TOFF's one has the 70's badge on it. How about the original green and white hoops? (Warranted that it might not be a good idea to wear it at Ibrox).

More 'T' shirts with mottos on them; 'Kings of Fife'; 'Hate Dunfermline and hate Raith Rovers'; 'Remember The Glory Days of Old' etc The Burger Boys produced a T shirt with a photo of the old ground a few seasons back. I'd love a T with a photo of the cup winning squad of '38 with a heading 'Hail to Thee, Thains of Fife'.

Plain black and gold bar scarves with an embroidered East Fife Badge. Traditional bar scarves are back in vogue.

Scarves in the away colours e.g. red and black.

'Russian Army' style fur hats or 'deer stalker' hats were big hit with some clubs last season. Keeping ears warm is a good idea.

Like the EFFC coasters and mouse mats. What about EFFC iphone/ipad covers? A lot of clubs have them. EFFC wrist bands in home and away colours (we used to do them). Decent range of key rings.

New EFFC watch - swatch-like designer platic.

Credit card sized fixture cards (an EFFC app would be better!) and team photographs.

Some clubs do garden gnomes in team colours but I personally would not buy one.

Agree with most of this , plain crew neck t-shirts , methil no more, on front EFFC 38 on back ? also puma is a good make, items wear well. big sizes for us guys who like a pie or 2 .

A good fitting full strip for my 7 year old boy.

A book of old photos , team line ups , old bayview , action photos , anything really , just like bygone leven books ?

mr305
Bette Noir
The Club Shop could've easily been re-named 'Old Mother Hubbard's' last season; I've seen more stock in a Syrian supermarket. Be that as it may, here's my suggestions:

It would be good if the club could stock the right amount of replica shirts in the most popular sizes for starters and available before the start of the season. Small doesn't sell as well as L or XL sizes.

Stock retro shirts; from the 1960's or 70's. Do a proper retro EFFC cotton 1938 shirt - the TOFF's one has the 70's badge on it. How about the original green and white hoops? (Warranted that it might not be a good idea to wear it at Ibrox).

More 'T' shirts with mottos on them; 'Kings of Fife'; 'Hate Dunfermline and hate Raith Rovers'; 'Remember The Glory Days of Old' etc The Burger Boys produced a T shirt with a photo of the old ground a few seasons back. I'd love a T with a photo of the cup winning squad of '38 with a heading 'Hail to Thee, Thains of Fife'.

Plain black and gold bar scarves with an embroidered East Fife Badge. Traditional bar scarves are back in vogue.

Scarves in the away colours e.g. red and black.

'Russian Army' style fur hats or 'deer stalker' hats were big hit with some clubs last season. Keeping ears warm is a good idea.

Like the EFFC coasters and mouse mats. What about EFFC iphone/ipad covers? A lot of clubs have them. EFFC wrist bands in home and away colours (we used to do them). Decent range of key rings.

New EFFC watch - swatch-like designer platic.

Credit card sized fixture cards (an EFFC app would be better!) and team photographs.

Some clubs do garden gnomes in team colours but I personally would not buy one.

Agree with most of this , plain crew neck t-shirts , methil no more, on front EFFC 38 on back ? also puma is a good make, items wear well. big sizes for us guys who like a pie or 2 .

Make that a pie or three

I Have many friends all over the world who know about my love for
EFFC I would like to send them effc gifts ie pens watches cuff links
Tie plns money clips and such like may be good christmas presents
For our diehards and their families. Monthefife

I'd settle for a warn welcome and a cheery smile for the pair behind the counter

Walter Pidgeon
I'd settle for a warn welcome and a cheery smile for the pair behind the counter

Walter Pidgeon

VERY TRUE! The older guy and the girl with the glasses who serve always look miserable in my opinion. Not particluarly welcoming

Stevie
Walter Pidgeon

VERY TRUE! The older guy and the girl with the glasses who serve always look miserable in my opinion. Not particluarly welcoming

It's a bit harsh though, even though I'm grinning.
They are volunteers giving up their time are they not?

Good on yer!

What about noisemakers? Could help boost the noise coming from the stadium.

Yes, they're called 'Fans'.

I don't have a problem with the 1903 own brand, it's the terrible sponsors' logos on the front of strips that put me off. Yes, they pay the club good money, but Fairprice Mobility, Pallet Recycling Services, not really a good look on a replica shirt.
Some suggestions for stock:
-Boxed limited edition (numbered with certificate) Home Shirts without sponsor
-Full strips from birth upto 12 years. At least for Age 1 please!
-Replica goalkeeper jerseys in short sleeves with number on the back.
-Xmas themed 3rd strip - to be released around November. Could be a take on a classic strip (deckchair?), fair isle pattern, Togo/ Portugal style perhaps?
-East Fife babygro
-Balls
-Flip flops
-Beach towels
-Printed t-shirts (MUST be of a good fit, not baggy cheap rubbish)
-General tat
-Posters

These are just suggestions. Unfortunately I don't have time to volunteer, but hats off to those who can and do

I'll second the New Era Baseball caps idea.

B.U.R.G.E.R branded merchandise.

We have a logo and I'm sure there would be a market for B.U.R.G.E.R polo shirts, jackets, watches. Maybe even B.U.R.G.E.R fragrance products - aftershave, eu do toliet.

Lee has got a lot to answer for; I wish he had bulked up on pizza instead

These ideas are great but you need to remember the cost to stock the shop.
It will bea slow process to implement all this.

How about a clear sign on the cabin saying 'Club Shop'

Or even one that said ''Open''

Or a sign saying moaners welcome

A comprehensive selection of high end scud books.

Tam

Rodger that!

A book section. Start by featuring a new blockbuster "Only The Lonelies" an in depth self-analysis of a fan who deserts his team but feels it's his duty to comment on performances he hasn't seen.

Tam

Alan you are getting paranoid.

Tam

Scud.
I had to look that up in the Wikidictionary thing.
Where is Eugene when you need him?

Tam

Scud.
I had to look that up in the Wikidictionary thing.
The meaning was not as outrageous as I had assumed.
Tam is mellowing in his old age.

bet wiki didnae tell ye any o this.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=scud

SCUD missile? I'm off up the valley.....

I want to see books of east fife FC, Calander, wee fixture book(to keep locals updated), Photograph tobacco tin, Fags, Decent east fife strips with variety of sizes than EXTRA LARGE!!, more scrafs at resonable prices than £8, east fife kit bags or school bags with club logo and east fife season dvd from Graeme also a cd with the club songs...would make a lot of money

Cambuslang Fifer
I want to see books of east fife FC, Calander, wee fixture book(to keep locals updated), Photograph tobacco tin, Fags, Decent east fife strips with variety of sizes than EXTRA LARGE!!, more scrafs at resonable prices than £8, east fife kit bags or school bags with club logo and east fife season dvd from Graeme also a cd with the club songs...would make a lot of money

Not so sure about the fags.

When I was at the last home game I noticed the club shop are selling football boots, jackets and water bottles with club crest etc things a young footballers need if they are playing for the youth team or other clubs in fife.
The area in leven and methil lack a decent JJB sports. JD sports or sportsdirect for donks for young people to buy boots, shin pads etc and the last sports shop I remember going to was leven back street across from the old gala bingo buliding which is now a tanning place other than that you had to travel to kirkcaldy or glenrothes so am glad the club shop has picked up on that and selling these.

Any idea we could have another club shop in leven selling east fife fc stuff and another sportswear like proper trainers, swimsuits for pool etc we could make a profit and a sports shop in leven is missing for us locals? Hopefully someone can bring this up at the next meeting

Hey man. Kathy is my cousin and she is just shy, not miserable.:)

My input for stock? I was in cosco few weeks ago and they had large size hard back albums with headline newspaper articles
from the clubs great days. They had cellic, gers, eburdeen and herts on sale. Album covers were quality with club crest and gold coloured embossed. We have enough history to do one.

What about some more MF merch? Scarves, hoodies, polos, wristbands etc., look what the UB and DBM do we could have some at the club shop.

I,un de ferget the hankiies wi the club badge on it,so a kin hay a wee greet it 4.50 evrey seterday.

In my opinion the lassie behind the counter is always cheerful n smiling n friendly wen av been in