Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Todays Score

East Fife 2 – 0 Raith Rovers

From the Rovers web site

Re: Todays Score

This sounds too good! Was it?

Doesn't even begin to tell the story neebur.
Laidlaw in the Rovers goal saved us from worse.
Rovers were bullied and out-fought all over the park - cracking finish by Kevin Smith who was stronger and hungrier than our defence all day.
Not looking forward to our league cup tie in 2 weeks against the team that scooshed your league last season.

Brilliant result for Fife, two cracking goals too.
O'Kane and page making a good pairing at the back, in fact getting a pretty good back 4.
I was a little worried with no Walker or Fash today but good performance, only one small negative I though last twenty we were struggling with fitness a little however its still preseason and we scored 2 goals so what do I know.

Who's the number 9?

Excellent result. Well done.

Good performance all round from East Fife. The team kept their shape well for most of the match and were deserving winners. However, it is unlikely that we will be playing opposition as toothless as this every week. for a full time outfit two divisions above us I was astonished at how poor the Rovers were in the final third.
Clearly it is difficult to judge how well we will do until the league settles down, but there were solid, encouraging performances all over the pitch today. Would still like to see another forward added but Kevin Smith looks very much in the mood as captain - the Rovers defenders found him a real handful.

Credit where its due, thought you guys looked very good today. Two good goals from Smith and Page. Our lot didn't look the least bit interested in trying to do anything. Naysmith will surely now be the next best thing since sliced bread with the fans haha

It has taken 15 years but I've finally seen East Fife beat a Raith Rovers first eleven. 2 Injury time goals made it all the sweeter! No.9 was Craig Sutherland - Holds a US scholarship in soccer, has played for Blackpool, Plymouth, Woking, Queen's Park, Cowdenbeath and Stenhousmuir

Great result today, still say team looking good!! No 9 was craig sutherland I'm told Big Cheesing today Raith fans!!

Also I've never seen goals celebrated like that in pre season before in my life. Must have meant a lot lol

Raith fans must be worried after that performance today!! Poor is the word :-)

It meant as much as the piss poor passing from Raith that the supporters kept clapping.

How many times did Raith play the ball to feet in the final third of the park. ...................all.

Who scored the 2nd goal ?
Oh, and I haven't seen any post from Mr Angry or his cronies. Wonder why? I think I know, nudge nudge.

Come on Raithlad have you forgotten how to celebrate a goal. Your next goal should be celebrated by a weeks holiday. So far in the pre season friendliest They have been as common as rocking horse sh--

Page-a header from a corner.

Couldnae score in a brothel
Come on Raithlad have you forgotten how to celebrate a goal. Your next goal should be celebrated by a weeks holiday. So far in the pre season friendliest They have been as common as rocking horse sh--

If I'm entirely honest pre season results means absolutely nothing to me wether we score 10 goals or No goals lol teams can have a poor pre season and do very well in the league or have a great pre season and struggle. Of course its nice to see a win and some goals but at this stage its not the end of the world! Lets be honest if you could keep a performance like that up all season I wouldn't rule out rocking horse shit!! Lol

One championship team defeated two to go, roll on already preparing for falkirk

Exiled Fifer
Oh, and I haven't seen any post from Mr Angry or his cronies. Wonder why? I think I know, nudge nudge.

Behave yourself. It was a friendly for fucksake and Raith had a few youngsters playing.
Real stuff starts soon so we'll soon see if Naysmith has grown any balls over the break.
pretty sure it will be the same old shite different season.

Rovers had a lot of possession today and dominated. East Fife have the killer touch though and showed today

Guys it was a pre season kick around, nothing at stake no points, no next round of the cup, Nothing!! Some are just a little excitable that's all!

Gogo
Rovers had a lot of possession today and dominated. East Fife have the killer touch though and showed today

Rovers had lots of possession in areas where we were never going to hurt you.
We had nothing in the final 3rd, whereas Kevin Smith held the ball up well, brought others into play and took his goal brilliantly.

Mr Angry
Exiled Fifer

Behave yourself. It was a friendly for fucksake and Raith had a few youngsters playing.
Real stuff starts soon so we'll soon see if Naysmith has grown any balls over the break.

Megginson and others weren't youngsters it might have been a friendly but we have improved from last year start and defeated a team two leagues above maybe not two championship teams to go in the cups. Sour grapes

Mr Angry
Exiled Fifer

Behave myself, .........look who's talking. You are correct, it was a friendly but, lighten up, the season has still to get underway and you're already moaning and groaning. Maybe you'll be right but why not give the squad some slack this early in the season.

Exiled Fifer
Mr Angry
Exiled Fifer

Behave myself, .........look who's talking. You are correct, it was a friendly but, lighten up, the season has still to get underway and you're already moaning and groaning. Maybe you'll be right but why not give the squad some slack this early in the season.

Because I am Mr Angry and I get very angry.

Fuck it, I'm raging because it's windy!

Exiled Fifer
Mr Angry
Exiled Fifer

Mr Angry will never be happy, it's our fiercest rival Mr Angry can't you be Mr Happy for once you've been waiting forever but you sit there moaning and groaning, what's next moaning and groaning when we win the league not being happy about it?

Pfffffft Raith dominated, dont think so, must have been watching a different game or colourblind!!

MF14 Ultra
Exiled Fifer
Mr Angry
Exiled Fifer

Mr Angry will never be happy, it's our fiercest rival Mr Angry can't you be Mr Happy for once you've been waiting forever but you sit there moaning and groaning, what's next moaning and groaning when we win the league not being happy about it?

If we win the league I'll eat my left arm.

Never going to happen under this current board of old farts. Rankins yes men and nothing more.

Watch this 'if' we 'do' win the league Mr angry might sue the club for changing his mood and not another season of disappointed he hopes for, He'll be back next week for sure.

Mr Angry will implode if we win the league

The hungrier team won today and if you keep that form up for league and cup games you should do well. By the way who was your number 4 today his dying swan after not being kicked in the head was one of the best I have seen for a long time. So good luck for the forth coming season I hope you have more highs than lows.

Rovers dominated possession but we broke away well most times. The lino's were just very poor in the final third I can only remember Goodfellow having to make 1 or 2 saves and Couser had a stroll last 20 minutes he was on. The shape first half especially was terrific but I feared the worst when Slattery, who was playing the anchoring roll, went off at half time. At 0-0 I thought the game was going nowhere and I would of been happy with that but 2 Injury time goals... For the Raith fans who claim the game didn't mean anything? The 400-500 you brought along seemed to think so when we had about 140 tops . Excuses and sour grapes get you nowhere in life let me assure you. And can someone tell me where the few youngsters were? Seemed like a full team when we had Walker, Fash and Campbell out, 3 of our key players. A forward playing at centre half in O'kane No.4 and a right back playing at left back. You got well and truly humped but all the best for the season

Dubs
And can someone tell me where the few youngsters were? Seemed like a full team when we had Walker, Fash and Campbell out.

The Raith team had an 18 year old and three 19 year olds playing. From what I can see on their site they were missing McGurn, Thomson, McKeown, Craigen, McCord and Stewart.

Forgot to say that Craig Wighton was also missing.

Jack
Dubs
And can someone tell me where the few youngsters were? Seemed like a full team when we had Walker, Fash and Campbell out.

The Raith team had an 18 year old and three 19 year olds playing. From what I can see on their site they were missing McGurn, Thomson, McKeown, Craigen, McCord and Stewart.

I would say that 4 of our starting line up wouldn't be regarded as 1st team players - Matthews, Bates, the trialist and arguably Laidlaw (although he was our top performer on the day and saved us from worse).
We were one paced and tippy tappy all game with absolutely no end product.
Your number 7 caused us a bit of bother, particularly in the 1st half, and Kevin Smith, as I said earlier, was a problem we failed to deal with all game.
No excuses that it was a reserve team - we can't hide from that performance yesterday.

DL,
Well said, even for being a Raith Supporter you usually get it on the button are never impolite on our site, which is more than can be said for some of our supporter? Mr Angry his level headed, insomuch as he drivels from both sides of his mouth, he is an utter tit who would be banned from most other sites. Jack as usual wasn't at the match I don't suppose or he would have seen McCord coming on, you couldn't miss someone with ginger hair coming on surely, I suspect Jack is a keyboard warrior. As for M14 Ultra, far from being the hard man leader of the Bayview casuals he is a specky 14/15 who could not lift the skin of the top of a rice pudding. It is just as well your neds were put on a bus to Kirkcaldy our spotty faced we turds would have got a real hiding, most are still at primary school. You are welcome on our site anytime.

Mr Happy
DL,
Well said, even for being a Raith Supporter you usually get it on the button are never impolite on our site, which is more than can be said for some of our supporter? Mr Angry his level headed, insomuch as he drivels from both sides of his mouth, he is an utter tit who would be banned from most other sites. Jack as usual wasn't at the match I don't suppose or he would have seen McCord coming on, you couldn't miss someone with ginger hair coming on surely, I suspect Jack is a keyboard warrior. As for M14 Ultra, far from being the hard man leader of the Bayview casuals he is a specky 14/15 who could not lift the skin of the top of a rice pudding. It is just as well your neds were put on a bus to Kirkcaldy our spotty faced we turds would have got a real hiding, most are still at primary school. You are welcome on our site anytime.

Bayview casuals all the way! Casual clothes, flags and smoke bombs are the way forward!

[/quote]
Bayview casuals all the way! Casual clothes, flags and smoke bombs are the way forward![/quote]

Oh Dear!!

M14 ultra , what a fanny.