Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Falkirk

Who's all going to Falkirk then?

Re: Falkirk

Ewan
Who's all going to Falkirk then?

Yeah think I'm going to head along

Do we play the same team from the one we beat raith there? Or do we play two upfront if Fash is back from his break and I wonder if sutherland did enough to get a deal this week, still short from the bench in terms of options.

Goodfellow
MacGregor 24.Page O'Kane Mercer
Murray Mullen Wilkie Brown
K.Smith Fash/Slattery
Sub - Couser, Slattery/Fash, Naysmith, Walker & trialist (Sutherland?)

Goodfellow
Mcgregor O'Kane Page Mercer
Slattery Wilkie Walker Murray
Smith
Fash

Allan Walker suspended for this game.

Keven Smith suspended for League Cup game v Dumbarton.

BaSeDGoDSA1NT
Goodfellow
Mcgregor O'Kane Page Mercer
Slattery Wilkie Walker Murray
Smith
Fash

Brown Slattery Wilkie Murray

FALKIRK v EAST FIFE: ADMISSION DETAILS CONFIRMED

Following discussions with East Fife FC we can now confirm that Saturday’s Petrofac Cup Tie will be priced as follows:

Adult: £14

Concession: £10

Under 12: FREE with paying adult

Car parking arrangements and match information will be released later in the week.

The car parking at Falkirk is extortionate.
Easier (and free) to park near the college or up towards where Coasters Arena was.

Whit you have to pay to park at Falkirk, hard neck!! I'll be finding free parking!!

You guys sure you've been watching East Fife this year ? Slattery doesn't play on the right or upfront

Goodfellow
McGregor O'Kane Page Mercer
Murray Mullen Slattery Brown Wilkie
Smith

Not too keen on East Fife defence this season, too slow

Fifey
Not too keen on East Fife defence this season, too slow

Its great in the air and they have a good understanding, just lacks some pace.
Slattery the games I have seen has played CM, LM and LB, looks class though and great touch/brain, think he could do a job any position. Looking forward to saturday

anyone goin thru from Kirkcaldy on Saturday? Can share the petrol.

Euan Anderson will be the referee on saturday, good or bad?
This car parking charge really puts people off going to games actually kills the game drops of attendance having to pay for a parking space as well as admission fee to get into the stadium, Glad I don't support clyde, this lot (Falkirk) and the big teams. Come on Fife!

Amazing how they can charge for parking, are the owners actually thick in the brain? Slattery will more then likely play CM this season as we have no height or dig in midfield apart from maybe Allan Walker but hes a worst cunt.

Seriously is that anyway to speak about one of our own players!!! The season hasn't even started.
What on earth made you think posting this comment with the use of the c word was a contribution worth making?

Agree silly comment to make, midfield looks fine to me even without Walker, there's a story there btw, watch this space is all I can say!!

News about car parking plus where we have to sit.

Falkirk FC v East Fife FC

23 July 2015

Admission to the match will be pay at the gate with prices as follows:

Adult £14

Concession (U18, Student & O65) £10

Under 12 FREE

East Fife supporters travelling from East Fife will be housed in the North West corner of the Main Stand (turnstiles 5 & 6).

Parking for all home supporters and disabled away supporters will be available at the Falkirk Stadium on a first come first served basis.

There will be no parking for away supporters at the Falkirk Stadium. Away parking will be available free of charge in our overspill car park at Westfield Industrial Estate.

Please note The Falkirk Stadium is a non-smoking environment and e-cigarettes are not permitted.

Does anyone sing at away games ?

Fifey
Hey!!! Im Fifey. Why are you using my name for this post????

Where is Westfield industrial estate?

Glenrothes. But it's a hell of a trek to Falkirk ground!!!!!

Fifey

Of course, atmosphere's 100x better at away games than home games, completely silent at Bayview it's like Leven Library, that's why away days are the best.

£14 pound to get in ? no parking for away fans at the ground ? can't even get a fag at the ground ? STICK THIS UP YER ARSE ! just might stay at home and watch TV . save myself some money

Sorry mate , never realised someone used this name. I shall call myself fifey2, and yes Westfield industrial estate is in Glenrothes

where is Westfield industrial estate IN FALKIRK????

Not a wee ned
Fifey

Of course, atmosphere's 100x better at away games than home games, completely silent at Bayview it's like Leven Library, that's why away days are the best.

More atmosphere on the fucking moon than at New Bayview. Terrible stadium.
Makes my fucking blood pressure shoot up every-time i go near the place.

Then dinae fcukn go Mr angry who gives a fuk what you
think anyway....

Mr Angry has the stench of linoleum about him

You no got google maps

Fifey2
Sorry mate , never realised someone used this name. I shall call myself fifey2, and yes Westfield industrial estate is in Glenrothes
No problem Fifey 2. I thought it was a send up.

I take it we won't be sitting behind the goals this time, one stand open for a cup game they must loss amount of money rangers and celtic have tried this in the past close sections for smaller clubs/lesser ties. I hope we will surprise them and wearing our stripes for the last time today come on Fife!
Today's the day no doubt Mr angry will post at 4.50 how poor the game was or no happy that we won.

Oh my god
Then dinae fcukn go Mr angry who gives a fuk what you
think anyway....

Clearly you do for replying.

1.0 Falkirk

1-1 ht Kevin Smith 14 MINS

3-1 Falkirk ,90th and 91st min goals

rab b
3-1 Falkirk ,90th and 91st min goals

Just home hady tea etc.
good goal by Smith and unlucky with the free kick too.
1-1 till the 90th minute, we'll no play anybody like that in our league...fancy us to contend this year.

Thought we did really well today - competed all over the park and (after first ten mins) we passed and retained the ball well.
Wilkie and Murray have injected some pace and urgency in midfield and that created several chances.
We do look a bit exposed at corners and set pieces and the goalie ( some great saves today) & centre halves are on small side,
However very promising and if we play like we did today we won't be far away at the end of the season.
Ps Ref gave us next to nothing today but allowed Grant & Watson to foul all game .

Well done boys - looking forward to Dumbarton game next week

Fifer 11
Thought we did really well today - competed all over the park and (after first ten mins) we passed and retained the ball well.
Wilkie and Murray have injected some pace and urgency in midfield and that created several chances.
We do look a bit exposed at corners and set pieces and the goalie ( some great saves today) & centre halves are on small side,
However very promising and if we play like we did today we won't be far away at the end of the season.
Ps Ref gave us next to nothing today but allowed Grant & Watson to foul all game .

Well done boys - looking forward to Dumbarton game next week

Well said, spot on.

P.S Fife played in next seasons home top, thought it looked no to bad.

Austin was brought crashing to the ground in the first half. A clear booking and yet the referee took no action. It seemed to me that Grant and Watson just capitalised on how slack the refereeing was. Apart from any other fouling, the yards being stolen at throw ins was embarrassing.

Overall I thought we did well particularly in the first half and were unlucky not to take the game into extra time.

I thought that the team played very well today recovering after a nightmare start and had luck been with us , could and should have been up at half time.
There was plenty effort and good play which bodes well for the season ahead.
I agree that on the down side the defence was suspect throughout the entire match with cross balls. Furthermore I thought that we were weak up front when Fash went off.
Absolutely no doubt we will miss Kevin Smith, my man of the match, next week.
An excellent turn out by the supporters today.

I also thought that the whole match experience for away supporters attending the Falkirk Stadium was pathetic.
Having to park at least 10 minutes away from the ground and getting frisked by unfriendly security guards before being allowed into ground.
Welcome to Falkirk FC!!! NOT!!!

I missed the 'nightmare start' as I was still walking to the ground from where I had parked my car.

Tom
I missed the 'nightmare start' as I was still walking to the ground from where I had parked my car.

and your comment is ?????

1fc union berlin
Tom

and your comment is ?????

And YOUR comment is 1fc-?

I presume you were at Falkirk today.

sammy
I thought that the team played very well today recovering after a nightmare start and had luck been with us , could and should have been up at half time.
There was plenty effort and good play which bodes well for the season ahead.
I agree that on the down side the defence was suspect throughout the entire match with cross balls. Furthermore I thought that we were weak up front when Fash went off.
Absolutely no doubt we will miss Kevin Smith, my man of the match, next week.
An excellent turn out by the supporters today.

I also thought that the whole match experience for away supporters attending the Falkirk Stadium was pathetic.
Having to park at least 10 minutes away from the ground and getting frisked by unfriendly security guards before being allowed into ground.
Welcome to Falkirk FC!!! NOT!!!

My mates got their megaphones confiscated and had to be put back in the bus, I even had to smuggle ma party poppers in to avoid getting caught, Falkirk is like going into prison, unwelcoming and those guards have got looks like they wanna take you.

Also the seagulls spoiled my view they flew too low and was attacking the stands behind the goals must have been those empty boxes from the snack van part from that we were unlucky today we'll miss smith next week important player. The referee didn't want to go card crazy either I must say our bookings weren't bookings and certain fouls were missed and opposition had a field day over there throw ins. Certainly postivie to take from the game.

Bird watch
Also the seagulls spoiled my view they flew too low and was attacking the stands behind the goals must have been those empty boxes from the snack van part from that we were unlucky today we'll miss smith next week important player. The referee didn't want to go card crazy either I must say our bookings weren't bookings and certain fouls were missed and opposition had a field day over there throw ins. Certainly postivie to take from the game.

The seagulls must have been flying from Easter Road way, bunch of them on BBC Alba, must have been the same group lol.

Not a wee ned
Bird watch

The seagulls must have been flying from Easter Road way, bunch of them on BBC Alba, must have been the same group lol.

Must have been scared to land with the noise we were creating yestarday am sure today they will get there nest back