Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Re: East Fife v Hearts (Bayview Park)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O8m3PGLEmw

Excellent cheers for posting this never seen it before, great to see the old ground again.

This'll be the Scottish Cup game on 1st February 1958, crowd was 13,750. This was our last season in the top division for 13 years and this result was a distinct improvement on the 9-0 tanking Hearts gave us in the league at Tynecastle that season.

I know technology has come a long way but I couldn't believe you are able to see some games at Old Bayview. What about anything between 1968 and 1972, home or away? How would I source these? Thanks

There really isn't anything Peter. Stv distroyed a lot old tapes that included the 4-3 win at Falkirk, 4-0 defeat at Partick & 4-1 cup defeat at Celtic. The BBC also destroyed the film of the draw at Motherwell that kept us in the 1st division (bet John Fallon is pleased about that!) There was also coverage of the games we played against Celtic & Hearts reserves prior to our Scottish cup games against Morton & Dundee in 69 but that too is lost!
Unfortunately there is also a lack of still pics from around that time, pretty shocking actually!

Thanks. I'm actually quite relieved the TV coverage of the draw with Motherwell has been lost. I lost possession of the ball in there half, and they went up,the park and scored!! Thank God for Joe 90 and his equaliser. Waiting for the score to come in from East End has to be the longest of my life.
Hope to be down for the Dumbarton game.

There is brief STV footage of Rangers v East Fife 1973 on You Tube, not the 1-0 win sadly but the 2-0 defeat from the previous season.