Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Away support

Jet lagged, so random question at unearthly hour.
most team's away support is more vociferous than that at home. East Fife seems to be even moreso. Why?
Falkirk would seem to have been a case in point6

Re: Away support

More focussed group sitting/standing all together plus the "minority effect". We're outnumbered so greater sense of solidarity therefore more tribal and noisy rituals.

Please contact me for more pretentious pish if you so desire.😀

:-) :-)

Bruce
Jet lagged, so random question at unearthly hour.
most team's away support is more vociferous than that at home. East Fife seems to be even moreso. Why?
Falkirk would seem to have been a case in point6

Because Bayview is quieter than a library, our noise away is just the same as the said most teams, we have to show the home team who we are, we're also getting a new flag for away days so if you have a fiver in you can give it tae ma pal, we're always making away days better, I was in the group at Falkirk and the atmosphere was pure loud as fuck.

Going to have to work on those chants though, Ryan Goodfellow is a Goodfellow wasn't your strongest made me chuckle though.
I enjoyed the noise at the Falkirk game wish Bayview was more like that. Also don't see why you don't sit closer to opposing fans?
In the whole though I was at Falkirk game to and not to far away from you lot and thought you done a good job

We couldn't sit near to the Falkirk fans because of unwelcoming Falkirk FC, their strict wannabe G2S or whatever the heck it's called stewards which is why a had to smuggle ma party poppers in and their segregation for us putting us in a tiny corner of the impressive main stand wi a section being closed to separate the two sets and bla bla bla

Because at home games we get moaned at, we get told to sit down by the stewards that swagger about thinking there some big shot. Also there has been some controversy over where we would stand if we were to sing. We have tried to start something, were successful one, got told to sit down the other 3 times and one time I even got called a fat c### and since that haven't really bothered tbh. It's something I would like to happen, but doesn't have the number we would like

May be naive , not knowing the politics of it all but couldn't you talk to someone at the club? In my experience people dont mind being next to the fruit loopsv. They love it!

We did talk to people at the club, we got told we could stand at a certain place so we went and stood and sung but then got told we couldn't stand

Ewan
We did talk to people at the club, we got told we could stand at a certain place so we went and stood and sung but then got told we couldn't stand

Can the club build that covered terrace we all want? There's enough room for a small covered terrace at the sea wall, make it an official "singing section" or "ultras zone", I even had to ask the club once if they can build a standing area at the back of the sea end corner but no reply.

Are you serious? Terracing ain't free you know...

The easiest way to get singing at any game is excitement coming from what the fans see on the park. That has been sadly lacking for a few seasons now. Hopefully, after what we saw last week, that may be about to change. Fingers crossed #monthefife

Ewan

If albion rovers can do it the club can as well.

Not a wee ned
Ewan

Hid yer wheesht ya wee ned.

Mr Angry
Not a wee ned
Ewan

Hid yer wheesht ya wee ned.

Eh? The name clearly says "Not a wee ned".