Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
East Fife - Dumbarton

Everyone going to this?

Any info on ticket prices or is it always £10 for home support?

Re: East Fife - Dumbarton

BaSeDGoDSA1NT
Everyone going to this?

£13 for adults and £10 for concessions. As it turned out, well worth the money. Great performance from the Fife today against a very lively Dumbarton side. Johnny Page was my man of the match and Fash scored two great goals, only to see the second one chalked off for something only the stand side linesman saw. Ryan in goal was our hero at the penalty shoot out with two great saves. We were under a fair bit of pressure in the latter part of the second half and we looked out on our feet in extra time but all credit to the boys, they all stood firm and forced the game to penalties, which to me is always a lucky bag. This time luck was on our side. All in all this was another great fighting display against another first class championship team where we matched them in every department, reminding me of cup games in days gone by when newspapers used to call us The Fighting Fifers. Keep it up Fife, the season looks promising.

Efifer
BaSeDGoDSA1NT
Everyone going to this?

£13 for adults and £10 for concessions. As it turned out, well worth the money. Great performance from the Fife today against a very lively Dumbarton side. Johnny Page was my man of the match and Fash scored two great goals, only to see the second one chalked off for something only the stand side linesman saw. Ryan in goal was our hero at the penalty shoot out with two great saves. We were under a fair bit of pressure in the latter part of the second half and we looked out on our feet in extra time but all credit to the boys, they all stood firm and forced the game to penalties, which to me is always a lucky bag. This time luck was on our side. All in all this was another great fighting display against another first class championship team where we matched them in every department, reminding me of cup games in days gone by when newspapers used to call us The Fighting Fifers. Keep it up Fife, the season looks promising.

Great game and great result, it was advertised at £13 but only cost £10 for us to get in. MOTM for me was Wilkie but thought him, Page, O'Kane, Mercer infact to many to name played very well.
Wasn't to impressed by Brown today and couldn't believe Sutherlands penalty

The whole team played their part today against a Championship side, well done guys, look forward to the draw on monday now!! :-)

A tremendously intense and spirited effort from every player today. Hope this can be maintained in the league.

Absolutely delighted with the performance today, players and management should be prelude of there selves. Defence was solid and dealt with every thing brilliant, midfield looked fit and plenty options to pick from, fash up front was just fash nipping around defenders and taking his goal will, think Kyle wilkies the player to watch this season, quick, strong, likes a shit and plays the number 10'role very well. Squad is looking good and fit but think Gary can use the loan market to his advantage to bring In a striker, like the look of Kevin nisbet who was with East Stirlingshire last season and was on the bench for Patrick thistle today. I'm not getting carried away and saying we're going to win the league and what not but if we keep putting performances like that then I'm sure we'll do excellent . this team looks hungrier than some of the lakers we had last season and Gary has assembled a good bunch of boys, let's hope for a good season and get behind the team! #InGaryWeTrust #MonTheFife

"Likes a shit".

I_11
"Likes a shit".

i like a shit. It's one of the few things in life i enjoy and doesn't make me want to go out and kill someone.

A piss is just an inconvenience.

I_11
"Likes a shit".

a 25 yard one will do wonders for the pitch

Link: https://vimeo.com/135587902