Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
East Stirling game.

Anyone heading over on the train for this one?

Re: East Stirling game.

East Stirling vs East Fife preview.

McCabe banned for Shire

East Stirling are without banned midfielder Neil McCabe against East Fife at Ochilview Park.

Skipper Chris Townsley is also absent due to a thigh injury but striker David McKenna is available after suspension and striker Jonathan Courts, recently signed on loan from Raith, is in line for his debut.

Head coach Craig Tully said: "We lost 5-0 to Falkirk in our last game and that was harsh on the players. They were sticking to the game-plan well before we went behind to a bit of a wonder goal.

"East Fife had a great result over Dumbarton last weekend so this game will be a test for us. However, it is one we can pass."

East Fife welcome striker Kevin Smith back from suspension with only Stevie Campbell, recovering from ankle surgery, missing.

Player-manager Gary Naysmith has done his homework on the Shire and said: "I took in their game with Falkirk last Friday and they did well before falling behind to a really terrific and unexpected goal.

"They had set up to contain Falkirk and that goal changed everything. I would reckon they will go for a more adventurous approach against us.

"We are going there on the back of knocking Dumbarton out of the Scottish League Cup so confidence is high, however we will not be complacent."
Read more at http://www.football.co.uk/east-stirlingshire/east-stirling-v-east-fife-at-ochilview-park-match-preview/6612801/#T3orvbTD9jxHUT9Z.99

Forest Fifer
Anyone heading over on the train for this one?

Am taking the bus, no sure aboot the rest of the YMF bois.

Good luck to the club today. We lost our 1st 3 games last season but here's hoping we fair better this season. Mon the Fife

When was the last time we won our 1st game of the season? Was it East stirling at bayview when we walked the league be nice start the season with 3 points. Good luck boys.

East Fife team - Goodfellow, Mercer, MacGregor, Page, Mullen, Slattery, Smith, Fash, Murray, O'Kane and Wilkie subs: Couser, Naysmith, Walker, Sutherland, brown and Kerr.
Only change for us to last week is Smith for Brown other than that same team who started the game against dumbarton.

Shires Team: Bernard, Kinnaird, Shepard, Greene, Donaldson, Tully, Faulds, Wright, MacKenna, Roy and Carruthers
Subs: Deane, Dolan, Wallace, Court, Kay and Vidler.

1-0 Kinnaird for shire, East fife had lots of chances just failing to take any, a game with plenty fouls no bookings.

We Lost 1-0

bawz :(

I'm not being a pessimist but we can't give Naysmith more than 8 games of this season to get it right. I'm a fan of his but we can't let it go on too long and have another pointless season. Still hope he'll get it right but that's a pish start to the league.

Total shit performance today. Shame because we took through a large support who were really let down.

Football Wave 808
1-0 Kinnaird for shire, East fife had lots of chances just failing to take any, a game with plenty fouls no bookings.

You obviously weren't at the game. East Fife hardly created a chance.

Just home from the game and can honestly say I have never been more appalled or embarrassed to be an East Fife fan, and that has nothing to do with the performance on the park. The abuse dished out to the East Stirlingshire physio by so-called "East Fife fans" was nothing short of disgraceful. No one should have to experience sexual harassment in 2015, let alone while doing their job. I don't know whether this is down to lack of education or whether these individuals believe they are genuinely being funny. Either way is is absolutely unacceptable.

I have emailed the club about this and expect them to take appropriate action to prevent this happening again.

Laura Anderson
Just home from the game and can honestly say I have never been more appalled or embarrassed to be an East Fife fan, and that has nothing to do with the performance on the park. The abuse dished out to the East Stirlingshire physio by so-called "East Fife fans" was nothing short of disgraceful. No one should have to experience sexual harassment in 2015, let alone while doing their job. I don't know whether this is down to lack of education or whether these individuals believe they are genuinely being funny. Either way is is absolutely unacceptable.

I have emailed the club about this and expect them to take appropriate action to prevent this happening again.

I agree with you entirely Laura.

What made it worse was that most of it came from younger supporters. For them to making the kind of offensive comments they did is depressing.
Do they really want to live in a world where sexist abuse is OK?

There was a time not that long ago in football when racist comments were acceptable and thankfully that is no longer. It is deeply saddening to learn in 2015 that these numpties see no problem in voicing the sort of comments they did.

Fat Doug
I'm not being a pessimist but we can't give Naysmith more than 8 games of this season to get it right. I'm a fan of his but we can't let it go on too long and have another pointless season. Still hope he'll get it right but that's a pish start to the league.

We certainly cannot afford to have the rotten start we had last season. We need to be in the top 4 and challenging by the end of October that's for sure. A disappointing start but did anyone really expect anything else?

Eugene Clarke
Laura Anderson

What made it worse was that most of it came from younger supporters. For them to making the kind of offensive comments they did is depressing.

There was a time not that long ago in football when racist comments were acceptable and thankfully that is no longer. It is deeply saddening to learn in 2015 that these numpties see no problem in voicing the sort of comments they did.

That was us, Young Methil Fleeto, we nearly had a scrap wi the Shire fans at full time and we putted our flag up tae the car windaes, I'm never giving that abuse again, this happens all the time lewd, fuck the Shire!

YMF
Eugene Clarke
Laura Anderson

That was us, Young Methil Fleeto, we nearly had a scrap wi the Shire fans at full time and we putted our flag up tae the car windaes, I'm never giving that abuse again, this happens all the time lewd, fuck the Shire!

1. No such thing as young methil fleeto
2. We never 'nearly had a scrap with the shire fans'
3. I do understand the chants sung to the fit physio were abit unnecessary and over the top. I therefor apologise for the behaviour of myself and other fans I was was involved and no point lying about it. We did sing and support for the team, but when the footballs shit it's hard to get it going. When we seen the physio I think we get a bit carried away (I got a boner) and then this led to the unneeded chants. I will make sure none of this shocking behaviour takes place again. Once again, sorry! No need for sexist abuse and I have now realised what an idiot I am and feel ashamed. Sorry to fellow fans who made the journey and have probably let down!

I thought the support was brilliant today. Although I couldn't make out all the words to be fair, I thought the constant singing was really good and created an atmosphere. Sadly the players didn't respond.

Nosey
YMF
Eugene Clarke
Laura Anderson

3. I do understand the chants sung to the fit physio were abit unnecessary and over the top. I therefor apologise for the behaviour of myself and other fans I was was involved and no point lying about it. We did sing and support for the team, but when the footballs shit it's hard to get it going. When we seen the physio I think we get a bit carried away (I got a boner) and then this led to the unneeded chants. I will make sure none of this shocking behaviour takes place again. Once again, sorry! No need for sexist abuse and I have now realised what an idiot I am and feel ashamed. Sorry to fellow fans who made the journey and have probably let down!

We were all staying trying to start a fkn fight wi east stirling fans, only our older section came the day, we'll be oot in full force wi the young section that were at Leven away for the first hame game, YMF #1

Well done young man for your apology. As Elton John once sang "Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word". You take great credit for this, and it's only by you talking to your piers that this kind of behaviour is stamped out. Have your day out and a few beers along the way. I was once as young and foolish as you guys, it's part of growing up but verbal abuse to anyone, whether they be male or female, is not necessary or acceptable.

As an aside, when I left the Fife I eventually ended up playing in England. Unfortunately it wasn't for Man U but Berwick Rangers. We went to play East Stirling at their patch, and whose walking in the gate at the same time as me? Sir Alex Ferguson no less!! This was his first management post.

I'm hoping to come down for the Motherwell game. Where do you and your. mates go for a drink before the match?

Pete McQuade

They go for milkshakes at the Shorehead chippie.

YMF
Nosey
YMF
Eugene Clarke
Laura Anderson

We were all staying trying to start a fkn fight wi east stirling fans, only our older section came the day, we'll be oot in full force wi the young section that were at Leven away for the first hame game, YMF #1
no need for that talk , we weren't nearly fighting, stop bigging yourself up, the better man walks away from a fight , especially at the football when young children and old age pensioners are near. We just go and support our team, no intention of fighting so stop the talk because it makes us look like people we are not , hooligans

I usually think it better to wait until Monday to post my thoughts on a disappointing day like today but by the time Monday comes around the pain has subsided and optimism for the next game takes over and I blot the disappointment from my memory.
Not this week !
After the early optimism generated by two cup games we visit a club who are only in the league because for many seasons relegation was not a penalty for consistently finishing bottom of the league and do not even have a historical home record to defend as they are currently between homes.
The result of the visit is a defeat only marginally less embarrassing than the defeat by the same team towards the end of last season. In fact this was a carbon copy of so many games from last season except we may have equalled a record with not one threatening shot on goal.
Enough prattle. Are we going to spend another season starting every away game,and many home games,afraid to lose rather than wanting to win ?

An East Fife Leg End
Well done young man for your apology. As Elton John once sang "Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word". You take great credit for this, and it's only by you talking to your piers that this kind of behaviour is stamped out. Have your day out and a few beers along the way. I was once as young and foolish as you guys, it's part of growing up but verbal abuse to anyone, whether they be male or female, is not necessary or acceptable.

As an aside, when I left the Fife I eventually ended up playing in England. Unfortunately it wasn't for Man U but Berwick Rangers. We went to play East Stirling at their patch, and whose walking in the gate at the same time as me? Sir Alex Ferguson no less!! This was his first management post.

I'm hoping to come down for the Motherwell game. Where do you and your. mates go for a drink before the match?

Pete McQuade

Pete McQuade? That's your real name? Never heard of a former player called Pete McQuade.

Absolutely shocking performance today,after the optimism generated from the first two cup games we certainly came crashing back into reality after watching this dross.Not one effort on target from a fife player,no creativity.no width,no clear game plan.Another miserable season ahead if this was anything to go by.

As for the morons shouting abuse at the physio and the stewards,well that was just cringeworthy.

What we have ,is a group of younger guys with good intentions of creating a bit of atmosphere, mixing with a couple of pissed up bampots and a wee simple guy who thinks he`s a football casual.A strange cocktail which is not quite coming off at the moment.

Overall a very embarassing day on and off the pitch.

Ho Lee Fook
Absolutely shocking performance today,after the optimism generated from the first two cup games we certainly came crashing back into reality after watching this dross.Not one effort on target from a fife player,no creativity.no width,no clear game plan.Another miserable season ahead if this was anything to go by.

As for the morons shouting abuse at the physio and the stewards,well that was just cringeworthy.

What we have ,is a group of younger guys with good intentions of creating a bit of atmosphere, mixing with a couple of pissed up bampots and a wee simple guy who thinks he`s a football casual.A strange cocktail which is not quite coming off at the moment.

Whole crew of casuals wi stoneys and that, older guy on the tonic's a pure legend along wi a bunch of other guys a dinny wanna mention, 1.3.1.2

Really disappointing display today. The two Shire centre backs bullied Fash and Kev the whole game and we created nothing. This was also partly due to balls coming in from deep areas. Looking at the shad Gary has assembled I feel we are still short in numbers and therefore have limited options. The main problem I see in the squad is that we have no genuine wingers who will take full backs on, get to the bye line and put deliveries into the box with defenders facing their own goal. I lost count of the number of times the ball went wide but players cut inside or turned back. No disrespect to Ross Brown, Craig Murray or Pat Slattery but none of them are wingers who will get to the bye line. Another striker with a bit of strength would also be helpful as Fash was too easily eased off the ball. Was a bit surprised that the young boy from St Johnstone was thrown on up front as he looks as though he'd carry an aerial threat.

Ho Lee Fook

"a wee simple guy who thinks he`s a football casual" - that comment makes you no better and is equally as offensive, because all hard core away supporters know you are talking about. Your choice of language leaves a lot to be desired.

mad
Ho Lee Fook

"a wee simple guy who thinks he`s a football casual" - that comment makes you no better and is equally as offensive, because all hard core away supporters know you are talking about. Your choice of language leaves a lot to be desired.
who?

Reading between the lines, the physio will need to get used to the verbal and there will be plenty. Maybe a big jeckit and a grey wig would solve things. Or perhaps she actually likes the 'compliments'? The main thing for me is that seeing the result alone was depressing beyond words. I think the manager must be an incurable obsessive regarding tactics. Learns nothing from failure.

It's Negative Naysmiths way, plan not to lose rather than plan to win. Does anyone really think he will change his style. We are stuck with him and his assistant and too many people got fooled by a decent enough start in the cup games. Not one shot on goal today is bloody embarrassing!

That's probably because you are much too young to remember an old codger like me. Check out the topic All Time East Fife Elevens on this forum. You'll see my name there.

I watched every preseason match and both cup games and whilst making the drive to Stenhousemuir I was very very optimistic. I cannot believe the rubbish I watched yesterday nobody turned up and couldn't really say any fantastic reviews on anyone. Shire away was an easy 3 points I thought to kick start the campaign and give all the travelling fans something to smile about on the way home.

As for the songs/chants I enjoy the atmosphere and some of the songs however as mentioned here it went to far yesterday! When you start singing about anal and fisting infront of kids your just a prick. Its not big and not clever just embarrassing. I appreciate the words from the lads who were big enough to admit their mistake and hope this doesn't happen again as I think a fair few enjoy the singing as it creats a good atmosphere and after all there is nothing wrong with vocally supporting your team.

Em....Will I mention anything about the Stonies or the pure legend (John Richardson).....Na forget it lets just see what happens at the next game or next away game as nothing was more embarrassing or disgusting as that East Fife display yesterday.

I'm surprised anyone is surprised at the performance. Naysmith is fucking clueless and yet another season of pure shite lies ahead.
Too many dreamers on here who need to wake up and face reality.
This club will remain in the basement league for years to come as that is where the BOARD want to be. No financial risk.

Face it and accept it.

How ironic that the offensive can be so easily offended.I must apologise for my choice of words in my previous post,I mean`t say `half chakit`.
If people care so much about what others may say or think about the boy ,they should stop him posting such drivel about being part of some fantasy casual firm,not everyone that reads that shite will know its a total pile of bollocks!

the boy is only 10 or 11 - give him a break

Ho Lee Fook
How ironic that the offensive can be so easily offended.I must apologise for my choice of words in my previous post,I mean`t say `half chakit`.
If people care so much about what others may say or think about the boy ,they should stop him posting such drivel about being part of some fantasy casual firm,not everyone that reads that shite will know its a total pile of bollocks!

Aye well your a prick! wee simple boy... what's your name big man??

He's autistic, it's a social defect. Teejay will probably never leave home and his only way of expressing himself is through football and what he thinks is casual. If you cant let a mentally conditioned boy be himself at the only thing he's got good in a very difficult life then you must be a prick

Sorry for the verbal AFTN but this sends me mental

BaSeDGoDSA1NT
I watched every preseason match and both cup games and whilst making the drive to Stenhousemuir I was very very optimistic. I cannot believe the rubbish I watched yesterday nobody turned up and couldn't really say any fantastic reviews on anyone. Shire away was an easy 3 points I thought to kick start the campaign and give all the travelling fans something to smile about on the way home.

As for the songs/chants I enjoy the atmosphere and some of the songs however as mentioned here it went to far yesterday! When you start singing about anal and fisting infront of kids your just a prick. Its not big and not clever just embarrassing. I appreciate the words from the lads who were big enough to admit their mistake and hope this doesn't happen again as I think a fair few enjoy the singing as it creats a good atmosphere and after all there is nothing wrong with vocally supporting your team.

Em....Will I mention anything about the Stonies or the pure legend (John Richardson).....Na forget it lets just see what happens at the next game or next away game as nothing was more embarrassing or disgusting as that East Fife display yesterday.

Did you seriously just stick him in? Enjoy your time on your keyboard because its the only time your not scared to say whats on your mind...

Keyboard warriors tho.

What a grass
BaSeDGoDSA1NT

Did you seriously just stick him in? Enjoy your time on your keyboard because its the only time your not scared to say whats on your mind...

I am not hiding who I am and believe me I am no keyboard warrior. If I have offended you I will happily meet you for a cuppa at Wellsgreen to discuss your views.

so the only way the boy can express himself at 10 years old is shouting and chanting about fisting and shagging a physio? give me a break.

The only positive I can say about this game yesterday was the boy only charging me a £5 to get in, made my drive home slightly better.

sigh
so the only way the boy can express himself at 10 years old is shouting and chanting about fisting and shagging a physio? give me a break.

I'm 14 actually

Dubs
Ho Lee Fook

He's autistic, it's a social defect. Teejay will probably never leave home and his only way of expressing himself is through football and what he thinks is casual. If you cant let a mentally conditioned boy be himself at the only thing he's got good in a very difficult life then you must be a prick

My cousin is autistic and I'm sure his parents wouldn't like him 'expressing' himself in that.

Last post from me on this,to come on and spout sanctimonious clap trap about a boys medical conditions and play the "right on", bleeding heart card to justify some of the crap he is posting and getting involved in at games, is a very dangerous road to be going down.
If people on here truly care about the boy, then they should be helping him to express himself in a far more productive manner than getting involved in shouting abusive comments at a young girl, about her ass,with fisting and anal thrown in for good measure.
He is also posting bile about scrapping with other fans, and is idolising a couple of the real bampot supporters who are constantly abusing people everywhere we go.
I would take this Dubs geezers hypocritical shite more seriously if he hadn`t been on here calling our own players "cunts".
Having a medical condition does not mean people are exempt from acting in a respectful and civilised manner,he should be encouraged to express himself in far more constructive ways.

Feeling abit disappointed in myself, would like to stand up for myself and the boys who were there and apologise, just supporters wanting to create a bit atmosphere taken a bit far. If anyone has anything else to say to me or about me contact me directly! Cheers and sorry once again.

sigh

He didn't once chant any of that. I was next to him the entire game that's a complete lie He's 14 not 10

Cr
Dubs
Ho Lee Fook

My cousin is autistic and I'm sure his parents wouldn't like him 'expressing' himself in that.

He's fine at the football, its his comments on this that are the problem. There was a whole bunch of boys chanting, why is it only the autistic boy who bothers you even though he wasn't doing it anyway? Only chants he started were the traditional bayview chants. For somebody earlier to point him out as the simple boy is out of order especially when he's fine at the games.

Even though i wasent involved in the Sexist chants , i will stand up apologise on the behalf of the group i was standing with , 99% of chants were harmless , Never herd teejay singing out of order things hes a goood wee lad , as for pointing someone out as the "Simpleboy " i actually have Autism & Asbergers and Rules still stand for me would love to see you class me as that ....

Dubs are you for real?????? You are clearly offended by the simple wee boy comment....fair doos, but no-one is laying blame completely on him. Read back some of the comments and you may have a different view on this, as I think you are seeing this in a very one dimensional way. To be fair singing of fisting and other disgusting sexual references doesn't make just one person "simple" in my eyes it makes the whole embarrassing crew of imbeciles a bunch of "simpletons"

Would never have happened in our day. Even our "Robbie Raeside is gay" was followed by the "and that's perfectly acceptable in modern Scotland"

Dubs
Cr
Dubs
Ho Lee Fook

He's fine at the football, its his comments on this that are the problem. There was a whole bunch of boys chanting, why is it only the autistic boy who bothers you even though he wasn't doing it anyway? Only chants he started were the traditional bayview chants. For somebody earlier to point him out as the simple boy is out of order especially when he's fine at the games.

Absolutely no problem with him at all, the people he's with should act a bit more responsible around him he's just young and trying to fit in with them.

Mikk Bellamy
Even though i wasent involved in the Sexist chants , i will stand up apologise on the behalf of the group i was standing with , 99% of chants were harmless , Never herd teejay singing out of order things hes a goood wee lad , as for pointing someone out as the "Simpleboy " i actually have Autism & Asbergers and Rules still stand for me would love to see you class me as that ....

Sorry mate, I will never again call anyone who has asbergers or autism "simple" again! I'm clearly uneducated on this matter. The underlying threat in your post really made me things through in a more clear way. Hopefully I'll be able to concentrate on the game on Saturday without the fear of you kicking off.....phew...I DID NOT WANT TO GET ON YOUR WRONG SIDE

Once again... he was shouting or chanting about fisting or anal or anything like that. Just seems like sour grapes about the result.

Dubs
Once again... he was shouting or chanting about fisting or anal or anything like that. Just seems like sour grapes about the result.

I'm sure you've made a wee mistake there.
Your comments are leading me to believe that you are (your previous insults which I assume are all very pc) a prick and a cunt. Dubs do us all a favour and FUCK RIGHT OFF

As an active but currently not fully mobile (sore foot) member of the Werthers Original Ultras I can assure any young thug over fifty that any chants undertaken will comply with P.C. expectations.
For example a "Robbie Raeside" type chant will now be "Robbie Raeside is part of the LGBT community"

Indeed Mr not chairman. In defence of the Young Turks and their elderly mentors the correct version of Mary from Methilhill was somewhat incongruously delivered with aplomb at Ochilview. (The Mary in question therefore only having to be sat beside rather than anything more unseemly).

I must say I did like the " only here to see your Ochils" chant which I took as a geographical reference rather than a rakish double entendre.

confused
Dubs

I'm sure you've made a wee mistake there.
Your comments are leading me to believe that you are (your previous insults which I assume are all very pc) a prick and a cunt. Dubs do us all a favour and FUCK RIGHT OFF

Beat it.

I honestly dont care what the guy shouted, might have shouted, etc. If he had a good day, im happy. Its like so many threads and comments now on utube, facebook, any social media. This political correctness disease is whats dangerous. Im sure the guy would be happier without all this attention. Any thread seems to be open for interference if any 'rules' are breached. The fact that the issue has overwhelmed the thread, which is clearly titled, is really quite hellish.

Levi Jeckit
I honestly dont care what the guy shouted, might have shouted, etc. If he had a good day, im happy. Its like so many threads and comments now on utube, facebook, any social media. This political correctness disease is whats dangerous. Im sure the guy would be happier without all this attention. Any thread seems to be open for interference if any 'rules' are breached. The fact that the issue has overwhelmed the thread, which is clearly titled, is really quite hellish.

You might not care what was shouted but most others obviously do. Why should a physio be subjected to crass and vulgar abuse because of her gender? East Fife had a female physio last season and most right minded people would have been appalled if something similar had taken place. The game has moved on from the dark ages when racist and homophobic chanting was seen as acceptable. The game is a better, more civilised sport as a result.

Absolutely ashamed in myself, feel sorry for both clubs and both sets of fans. although how much I love the club and love going to the games I don't think I'll be returning back to bayview. For a 15 y/o to do this is ridiculous but it's all my fault.

Ewan Walker
Absolutely ashamed in myself, feel sorry for both clubs and both sets of fans. although how much I love the club and love going to the games I don't think I'll be returning back to bayview. For a 15 y/o to do this is ridiculous but it's all my fault.

Not just your fault, it's all our fault, the whole group.

Shut up Ewan lad your fine , All was just taking abit over the line that's life you learn and live from it, We have been decent enough to appoligise and a few people haven't , Were not Banned by anymeans just got a formal telling off wont happen again onwards and upwards man !

Chanting and singing is all part of the football experience but Saturday was just an embarrasment.
Some of the shouts just weren't funny in the slightest - it was a total cringe fest.
Well done to the club for the statement.

The majority of chants i dident join in and i was the same A.Trialist i had to walk to the smoking bit i was cringing like , lesson learned though hopefully for all

Ewan Walker

Don't be silly, lessons learnt and lets look ahead. Will all miss the singing amd chanting when its not there as it does create a good atmosphere generally.

Levi Jeckit

So presumably if that physio was your mother, sister, wife or girlfriend you'd have been cool with the reception and abuse she got?

This is nothing to do with political correctness and everything to do with common decency, respect and not being an utter moron.

As I already posted,this was not just the young guys that were involved in this and they shouldn`t be made to carry the can by themselves.
There were older, well known, pissed up, morons there ,leading the young guys on.It was these twats that were abusing/squaring up to the stewards/officials and giving it large on the way up the street after the game.As noted by Shire fans on P&B.
One is a regular and a complete idiot,the other,big horrible fucker only appears now and again and causes bother every time.The spotlight should be on these clowns as much as reigning in the youngsters.
This shit is all over the media,totally embarassing for the club.

Can you name any of these people , a dont want me being classed as the big fucker , i have only started coming back to games dont think it was aimed at me but im not here to cause trouble even though i was a row infront of them

Fifer, folk love to be seen as anti-this and anti-that. Tell you what, i loved the atmosphere and what went on at games in the 70s. And i seldom heard anyone complaining. Attitudes are now sanitised and artificial. Not reality. If a lady physio with a burka came on, would you think that was fine? What i dont like here is that someone has been hung out to dry because we are in an age of PC, and the end of free speech.

Terracing now, its a football match. Tradition has it that folk attend these events to express feelings. If it was my sister, or whoever, who took to the pitch as physio i would know or make sure they knew the verbal missiles that would be fired. Was the physio surprised or offended? Ive not heard, maybe she couldnt give shit. And with so many folk prepared to give a shit on her behalf, she doesnt have to bother. As ive said, creating a scapegoat is the greatest wrong of the whole thing.

Listen to the footage from someone from the sea end during the Dumbarton penalty shoot out and the bile spewed out of one older "fans" mouth was also embarrassing and unacceptable.

The story's actually made it overseas and was featured on Fox Sports in the US.

Not what the club needs to kick off the new season.

Maybe its went over the top. Can I point out one of the stewards was actually in fits with some of the chants we were coming out with. Surely that's just encouragement for some people?

Levi Jeckit
Fifer, folk love to be seen as anti-this and anti-that. Tell you what, i loved the atmosphere and what went on at games in the 70s. And i seldom heard anyone complaining. Attitudes are now sanitised and artificial. Not reality. If a lady physio with a burka came on, would you think that was fine? What i dont like here is that someone has been hung out to dry because we are in an age of PC, and the end of free speech.

Free speech does not give you the right to hurl misogynist (or racist or homophobic) abuse. If what was shouted at that woman happened out on the street and she made a complaint or someone else made a complaint you would be charged.

And personally I would be fine if a physio came on wearing a burka. What point are you trying to make here?

But please go on trying to defend the indefensible.

I think the best thing these fans can do is learn from what has happened, appreciate that what they were shouting was not on and get back down to Bayview this weekend to roar on their side.
Nobody wants these fans not to come back or quieten down.
A lot of the singing was fine - the sort the players and management appreciate so I hope they keep it up.

Terracing Now!
Levi Jeckit

Free speech does not give you the right to hurl misogynist (or racist or homophobic) abuse. If what was shouted at that woman happened out on the street and she made a complaint or someone else made a complaint you would be charged.

And personally I would be fine if a physio came on wearing a burka. What point are you trying to make here?

But please go on trying to defend the indefensible.

Couldn't have put it better myself. There is always a line that shouldn't be crossed, and that behaviour on Saturday obliterated that line. Nothin wrong with harmless banter, but that was not banter

Terracing Now!
Levi Jeckit

So presumably if that physio was your mother, sister, wife or girlfriend you'd have been cool with the reception and abuse she got?

This is nothing to do with political correctness and everything to do with common decency, respect and not being an utter moron.

maybe you shud retract the moron bit in your post as that is equally offensive

In the 12 or so years that we have been away from old Bayview,we seem to be stumbling from one p.r disaster to another.1.Danskin.2Deek Broon. 3 The Tade affair.3Lees takeover.4.Mcneils bullying story.5 Rankin .6 Lees £.......dedt.7The directors/fans takeover.I for one ,am just totally pissed off with it all to tell you the truth.Christ you couldn'y make this up!!!!!Maybe Jimmy C can get inither book on the go."East Fife,the disaster years"

The chants to the physio was out of order, no doubt on that. The publicity will have a positive effect on the people involved, we hope. There was one game many years ago at old bayview against St Mirren in the cup. Frank McGarvie's wife who was sitting in the stand got called a hoor. McGarvie's wifes a hoor, McGarvie's wifes a hoor, you get the rhythm?. I was at the bayview bar end near the liquid pie stall and the chants were LOUD! The worst incident I heard was at Cowden. We were getting off the supporters bus in the carpark and there was Paul Hunter getting out his car with his wife (he had just signed for cowden) one of our guys shouted "yur wifes a f****n hoor, hunter" his car was no more than 20ft away. Paul didn't react, showed great restraint. In the street these outbursts would result in violence but in football it's accepted as banter and that's what it is, banter, offensive and embarrassing to the recipient no doubt but still just banter. Not condoning but the look on that poor lady's face on Saturday was classic. The baldy steward got chanted at as well about his lack of hair. He just laughed and smiled, the fans then left him in peace. If the physio had looked up and gave a certain "sign" the guys would have probably applauded and sang a "nice" song. LOL.

Enough has been said about the situation, I hope the game on Saturday is not closed doors and it allows the crowd to behave is the right manner.

I hope that the directors ensure that the security staff are on hand to remove any folks that "Play Up"... That's the only way for the majority to enjoy the game and not have to worry about the front pages of the newspapers in a negative way.

The security staff should not just check bags on entry and worry about the odd E-Cig being smoked. they should also remove any foul mouthed, so called fan(s) from the stand.

I am sure that if this did happen for only a couple of folks then all would be good

Agree entirely. It's a reflection of society today. The law is an ass, and the sentences given for the most heinous crimes e.g murder, are a joke. Some offenders get as little as 3 years. This old codger says bring back hanging, and the crime rate will reduce dramatically overnight. I've watched these stewards at games and it's as easy a gig as they want to make it. They don't want confrontation, they don't want any hassle, they just want to look the part, and then go pick up their wages. They, along with the morons, eejit's, loonies, bam pots, nutters, casuals (call them what you will) should be identified and kicked into touch.

My old team are making the headlines these days for all the wrong reasons, and it makes me very sad.

Just as a wee punt for the Fife I've written an article for the match programme for the Motherwell game, so make sure you get one. I'll even sign it for you free and gratis.