Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Paul McManus

*without club
*goal poacher
*EF supporter
*ideal for last 20/25 minutes to come on for Fash/Smith
*ripped EF apart last season for Arbroath
*aged 32

Re: Paul McManus

makes sense
*without club
*goal poacher
*EF supporter
*aged 32

No thanks.

Worth a trial definitely I would say.

Also injured for 6 months I'd heard. That's why Arbroath didn't offer him a new deal.

Treated quite harshly by Arbroath imo! A fit McManus would certainly help our squad.

DPH
Treated quite harshly by Arbroath imo! A fit McManus would certainly help our squad.

True I think he'll be good addition to our three strikers we currently have if we pick up injuries I certainly hope he can recover in 6 months and sign him in January window by then he'll be fit to play and would be welcome back to the club. I think Arbroath will be regretting letting shagger go to bring in coult etc thank god we weren't interested in coult. Shagger is the Miller/Boyd type of striker for East Fife and also have options on the bench shagger would be ideal back up like Sutherland.
Was Deek last season no the same age as shagger? So I take him back the experience, leader like smith and goal poacher at this level defo.
My worry is that we still need another midfielder (winger) and striker so bring shagger wouldn't be a no brainier to add to the team.

makes sense
*without club
*goal poacher
*EF supporter
*aged 32

*Top goal scorer when we won the league back in 07/08 season.
I would offer him a deal once he has recovered and have the options for Gary on the bench if any of the other three get injured better having a big squad available and experience as everyone fighting for places.

Fighting for places and probably fighting with Alan Walker!! Don't think they are best of friends.

Be worth offering him training facilities with the Club while he's getting back to fitness. Wouldn't cost the club and they could monitor his progress closely and allow the manager to make an informed decision.

He likes his money. Definitely wont be able to afford his wages

I see East Stirling might be interested in shagger as East Stirling coach/former East Fife player John Allison asking about his injury and weather he has been offered by any clubs. Would be ideal options from our bench and squad but shire would give him first team chances I suppose any player wouldn't turn that down, fingers crossed we would have money left to sign one more player.

Paul mcmanus is out for 6 months after a bad injury playing for arbroath why would we sign him after such an injury. He will always be one of my favorite players over last decade but its a risk. I know last time he was here he had a bad injury andvwasvplaying through injections justvto help billy brown out. He is a great guy and arbroath should be ashamed of them selfs after season had there last year scoring alot i think 19 goals. If he didnt have the injury then i would bite hands off to get him back but its a risk. The arbroath fans think of him very highly and were going daft on his facebook that the club didnt help him out. We need a player of his experiance but not sure what to make of it all

Punk Ass
Paul mcmanus is out for 6 months after a bad injury playing for arbroath why would we sign him after such an injury. He will always be one of my favorite players over last decade but its a risk. I know last time he was here he had a bad injury andvwasvplaying through injections justvto help billy brown out. He is a great guy and arbroath should be ashamed of them selfs after season had there last year scoring alot i think 19 goals. If he didnt have the injury then i would bite hands off to get him back but its a risk. The arbroath fans think of him very highly and were going daft on his facebook that the club didnt help him out. We need a player of his experiance but not sure what to make of it all

Sorry for typing mistakes

Any player who scored 15 plus goals last season would be snapped up asap.

Played here under brown played with an injury.Goes to Arbroath gets injured again out for 6 months.Did well for us in the past scoring goals.No i would not sign him injury prone and probably near the end of his football career.

Maybe just unlucky he played a lot of games for Arbroath and Arbroath said he was the best striker at the club on pie and bovril. The reason the lad Murray got his move was all down to Paul McManus coaching him through games and from what was said on pie and bovril he worked a lot with him in training. If he gets back fit then I would take him tore us apart on few occasions last year and looked fit until his injury. Still a born goal scorer always going to get you 15 to 20 goals even at 32

Sean
Any player who scored 15 plus goals last season would be snapped up asap.

Would be an useful asset to our bench and help Sutherland and fash like attacking coach/player. Mark Roberts is 43 as is Clyde player/coach and still can play when he is fit at this level be wrong not to sign him or be linked with a player due to local hometown lad who'll will still get goals and have options even if it's to sit on the bench if it's to get the last 20/30 mins even when we need use the squad to compete in cups still. Everyone thought riordan didn't have the legs or score goals end of last year and his career is almost at the end pity the club couldn't give him a full season this season pity but he was happy to keep playing, be fit and enjoy his trade as a footballer.

I agree he would be a great professional around the club and he can still defenitly play. At 32 players start looking slow but shagger is one of the fittest 32 year olds i have seen still playing, and looking at his goals for arbroath he has scored 24 goals in 42 appearances and has done that throughout his career so still has alot to offer. The injury he got can happen to any player.i for one would love to see him back not many players have come back 4 times and if he had been fit 3 year ago he would have no doubt scored 15 plus.we really need another striker and if we dont go for shagger i really hope we go for someone with his know how.