Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
EFMB to the atmospheric rescue!

I have put out a rallying call to the troops..............

The EFMB on Saturday 22nd will attend the game as the East Fife Mariachi Band - get out your Sombreros, guitars and Doritos and do it Mexican Style!

After the Baltic conditions of our last EFMB day out we are hoping for a more Mexicano Climate!

Doritos have a lot to answer for. Who wouldn't want to play Don't You Want Me Baby in a sombrero as the Fife smash Elgin once again?

Should be about 20 of us this time

Re: EFMB to the atmospheric rescue!

Hairy Fifer

I have put out a rallying call to the troops..............

The EFMB on Saturday 22nd will attend the game as the East Fife Mariachi Band - get out your Sombreros, guitars and Doritos and do it Mexican Style!

After the Baltic conditions of our last EFMB day out we are hoping for a more Mexicano Climate!

Doritos have a lot to answer for. Who wouldn't want to play Don't You Want Me Baby in a sombrero as the Fife smash Elgin once again?

Should be about 20 of us this time

Pumping Elgin 3-0 and a great atmosphere, put's a MASSIVE smile on my face

Our biggest game of the season, This Elgin side have massively improved under Jim Weir since only defeat was Morton in the league cup 5-0 at BB if we win we'll go top if Annandale lose.
I hope you have been practising over the summer the band were exciting and created an atmosphere, well behaved last season glad you are all coming back for the big games. #MissedYouGuys🎺🎷

It seems we did the business!

The Mariachi band played a big part in Saturday's win. Every time they started a tune the Elgin players almost wet themselves.
The highlight has to be second half when the band launched into their greatest hits. I expected a boatload of Mexicans to sail into Methil docks.

What tunes wiz that yer talking aboot. I dinnae mind o ony tunes on Seturday apairt fae Telstar.

At least we did try or is it that we are very trying - ha, ha!

Should all come to an away game, Queen's Park away this Saturday is a good day out. All should attend!

Sorry Ewan but we are from all over the UK and most off us have to work weekends so we only meet up a couple of times a year.

Our next game may well be an away game but it will be a few months away.

HF