Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
East Fife v Motherwell

Just giving it it's own thread as comments seem to be all over the place!!!

Anyway...

Apparently one of the few non-Premiership clubs to get a poster... go us!!!

Pity it's all Motherwell blurb and contacts at the bottom though!!!

Re: East Fife v Motherwell

Okay...

I'll start it then, one hour to kick off, I think we have a very good chance, if we play as we have in every game this season, except the Shire game obviously, then I think we have a very good chance of pulling off an upset!!!

The Motherwell fans aren't confident at all, they are shitting it basically, get into them give them a game and if we're still in the cup tomorrow then that's a bonus!!!

As long as it doesn't go to extra time and penalties, really wouldn't want to see anything derailing our League progress and I think away to Queens Park is going to be one of the toughest games we will have this season anyway nevermind trying to do it with players knackered from midweek exertions!!!

H/T Fife 0 - 0 Well

East Fife

01 Goodfellow
14 MacGregor
05 Page
12 O'Kane
16 Mercer
08 Brown
06 Walker
11 Wilkie
03 Slattery
09 Austin
10 Smith

Substitutes

02 Mullen
07 Murray
15 Naysmith
18 Sutherland
21 Couser

Fife 1 - 0 Well
Austin 60 mins

Fife 1 -1 Well Moult (80 min)

F/T Fife 1 - 1 Well

E/T Fife 1-2 Well McDonald 103 min

Fife 1 - Well 3 Ainsworth 107 mins

Great effort from the Fife. Well done to everyone. We will take more out of that game than Motherwell. Over 90 minutes we took the game to Motherwell.

No doubt about it we are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should be wearing masks, the bastards!!!

Have to admit that I really feel mostly disappointed really, tbh, I thought if we were going to win it, it would have to be in the 90 minutes, extra time I thought would be a step too far and so it proved, we played well, very well in fact, we deserved our lead and that if our second had stood, it was Game Over Mothwerwell were out, I personally think it WAS offside but many around me disagreed so I'll wait for the highlights, I'm also really disappointed in the final scoreline, as it really does flatter to deceive, anybody reading that result is just going to go "hey-ho The Premiership side did a job there" our guys deserve so much more than that!!!

The most pleasing thing for us to take from the game is that any neutral watching would have been hard pressed to tell which was the Premiership side and which was the team from three divisions below them, that and the fact that the boys still competed well in the extra half hour, not as well as they did in the previous 90 however, but still they tried to play and not roll over to lets face it, a pretty jammy Motherwell side!!!

The only real worry I have from tonight is how it is going to effect us on Saturday,at Queens Park, tonights 120 minutes I'm sure will have an effect on our perfrmance at Hampden, but hey at least one of us will be there this season 'cos it's pretty safe to say that fuckin'Motherwell won't be!!!

Anyway congratulations to Motherwell and good luck in the next round, and I really should highlight two of the Classiest acts of the evening...

Class Act No.1 - Motherwell fans joining in the standing ovation for Nahan "Fash" Austin when he was subbed!!!

Class Act No.2 - Motherwell Manager Ian Baraclough going out of his way to shake the hand of every East Fife player at the final whistle!!!

Well done!!!

Onwards and upwards!!!

Was following the game via BBC updates. Went from ecstatic, to disappointed, to gutted, to being proud.

Here's the extended highlights

Its amazing how you can edit something to show a completely different game from the one I watched!

What a tremendous performance by the lads last night. They really done the club proud as this was no back to the walls cup heroics. We took the game to them, more than matched them all over the park and at the end of 90 mins had genuine reason to show we should have won it.

Really feel we are in for a good season as this is among one of the best East Fife times I have ever seen. They create chances, score goals, battle for each other and, most importantly, are consistent with the level of performance. If we can keep this up and keep Fash it's gonna be a good one.

Liam Anderson
Its amazing how you can edit something to show a completely different game from the one I watched!

Those were my very thoughts as I was watching that Liam, it must be all CGI or something!!!

Gary "The Truth" Naysmith, post match interview!!!

https://vimeo.com/137309149#at=0

Liam Anderson

Any idea when Graeme will have the REAL/PROPER highlights up Liam???

They're up now

Agree entirely KK. While I'm sure everyone in the team will be very disappointed at the outcome, it's still another confidence boosting performance, and the lads and the manager will have great faith in each other as they go forward. Had Fash's 2nd goal counted I honestly believe it was game over. Their confidence was gone and I couldn't see them coming back from 2-0. Wasn't in a position to judge whether the decision was correct or not. I think McDonald coming on changed the game. He put us on the back foot right away, scored one, and set up another.

If the team can apply themselves in the same way against Queens Park we should get a positive result. Not too concerned about the fitness level given they have 3 days to recover, as long as they don't start thinking the performance against Motherwell will get them the result, because football doesn't work like that.

Good luck