Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Nathan Austin

Is on fire right now. Let's hope he continues and that we can keep him until the end of the season!

I presume he's signed on until the end of the season? I would though try and get him to sign a modest one year extension to keep him on our books with the proviso that we won't stand in his way should a fair and reasonable offer comes in from a bigger club either in January or next summer. That way we could get a decent transfer fee and it's been a very long time since we made any money that way.

Re: Nathan Austin

I believe Gary is trying to do that. However, at a recent meeting Fash appeared with an 'agent' who I believe the gaffer referred to as rogue in the press. There's no doubt East Fife have developed Fash and I am sure Gary has the boys interest at heart and can get him the right move at the right time without third party intervention.
Hope he is fit for Saturday.

I'm sure his Agent, Lee Murray will look after him.

For once I think we should stop the chat of get him on a contract, lets get this or that out of him. Life is short for sportsmen. Why not just hope that he is enjoying his football, does well for us and gets what he wants from the game. A local lad who we should support. Gary is of a generation of footballer who will have experienced all the agents and blood suckers etc. Lets remember Fash in reality has done very little in the game, has lots to learn and will improve if he listens to the like of Gary. A good raw talent who last night showed glimpses of ability to play in my opinion at a higher level. But he needs to prove that and show it across a whole season. For me the way he is improving in holding and shielding the ball when he gets possession shows something is working in training. I would also note that Kevin Smith also seems to be very strong in that department it may be that working together is rubbing off on him. Whatever his application last night was outstanding and if he did a shift during the day, well hats off too him as you could see the Well defence sigh a relief when he went off.

Frustrated Fife Fan

please tell me that's a joke

Murray?

WullieBroonIsGod
Frustrated Fife Fan

Murray?

Yes, Murray is a joke.

Lee Murray IS Nathan Austins agent and I also understand he is Ross Browns agent as well.

Lee Murray cannot be anyone's agent he's not registered with us

Mr Angry
WullieBroonIsGod
Frustrated Fife Fan

Murray?

Yes, Murray is a joke.

The man is a parasite.

Totally agree. Let's not get carried away, and maybe in the process get the young lad carried away as well. He's doing well where he is, and looks to be enjoying himself. In particular he will take great pride in playing for his local team. He's not the most gifted natural footballer you will ever see, but is an outstanding finisher, and will work for the team until he drops. I assume he has a full time job, and the football is a bonus. Seems a level headed lad on the park, and just wants to do well for the team. I really love his attitude.

As for agents, they are part and parcel of the modern game, and we have to accept that. They weren't around in my day, but I wasn't that interested in how much I was being paid. I just wanted to play for the Fife, and accepted whatever terms the club offered me. I subsequently discovered that some of the other players were haggling for the best deal they could get. Mind you, with Jim Baxter as Chairman, I don't think they would have much luck!!

Utter garbage

Fashionable to have a go at lee Murray ?

Any actual, er, evidence that Lee has any influence on fash? The guy is doing well in the lowest senior league in Scotland, let's not get carried away. If fash is influenced by anyone, based on previous stuff more likely to be his old coach from wemyss United who has looked out for him over many years, not for any selfish reason but because he has the guys interests to heart

I'd just like to clarify for Relist and anyone else, that my post on 27th was a response to BT's comments about the player and not Lee Murray. In his time at the club he was great with all the ex-players, and made them very welcome at the ground. He also gave his support to get our promotion winning squad together again,and we were treated like Lords that day. I, for one, am very grateful to him for that.

Fash is a work in progress, and I wish him well in the future.

He may have treated you like a lord but he almost made the club bankrupt did he not?

Lee Murray is an absolute cock of a man who`s actions almost killed the club. He appointed a taxi driver as manager that pretty much got us relegated then fucked off when we were no longer in the same league as his idols. That is all......

If he is still with us after transfer deadline day[Tuesday I think] ill be a happy man as Fash is certainly a must for us to win this league.

Raging!
Lee Murray is an absolute cock of a man who`s actions almost killed the club. He appointed a taxi driver as manager that pretty much got us relegated then fucked off when we were no longer in the same league as his idols. That is all......

That was right, he took over from pervious directors who are now running things at the football club and appointed a manager who we all didn't have a clue about or who he was than being as a coach than a manager at hearts and have a dream to take us to the championship with three scaffolding that cost us nearly to hire in the first place to give his boyhood team fans to attract to Bayview. After we got relegated, bust up story started to come out about our old physio for decades Brian McNeil with a former youth player from buckhaven and his dad who was the coach with McNeil at the time of the pro-youth system now at Livingston attracted there by ranking probably, Murray then scrapped the system and Rangers got promoted it was all too much for a man who was best known to run pub company's and running a taxi company than being involved daily at a football club it was all to much. Having a cheek to walk about for a year with a black and gold tie when his dream failed it all failed infront of his very eyes and was only there to see rangers come through even the takeover the shares was a massive task and will still prove hard whoever running East Fife even the current board tried this and isn't getting anywhere near sorted but one thing for sure Stevenson doing the job and looks like on the park we're enjoying a successful early start to this season that's for sure from past seasons of turmoil, relegation and changes of management and I'm going back to success we had under Robertson, Baikie so far this season we have gave Gary a second crack and it's paying off unlike Arbroath.
Fash will still be a east fife player come Wednesday and if he does he and the squad will go further pick up the title and into league one football, I can honestly say Fash has improved massively since his hat trick last year.

Craig White dream
Raging!

That was right, he took over from pervious directors who are now running things at the football club and appointed a manager who we all didn't have a clue about or who he was than being as a coach than a manager at hearts and have a dream to take us to the championship with three scaffolding that cost us nearly to hire in the first place to give his boyhood team fans to attract to Bayview. After we got relegated, bust up story started to come out about our old physio for decades Brian McNeil with a former youth player from buckhaven and his dad who was the coach with McNeil at the time of the pro-youth system now at Livingston attracted there by ranking probably, Murray then scrapped the system and Rangers got promoted it was all too much for a man who was best known to run pub company's and running a taxi company than being involved daily at a football club it was all to much. Having a cheek to walk about for a year with a black and gold tie when his dream failed it all failed infront of his very eyes and was only there to see rangers come through even the takeover the shares was a massive task and will still prove hard whoever running East Fife even the current board tried this and isn't getting anywhere near sorted but one thing for sure Stevenson doing the job and looks like on the park we're enjoying a successful early start to this season that's for sure from past seasons of turmoil, relegation and changes of management and I'm going back to success we had under Robertson, Baikie so far this season we have gave Gary a second crack and it's paying off unlike Arbroath.
Fash will still be a east fife player come Wednesday and if he does he and the squad will go further pick up the title and into league one football, I can honestly say Fash has improved massively since his hat trick last year.

WHAT. THE. FUUUUU

Dear Mr Craig White Dream,

What the f.... was that rant all about. Is there a translation leaflet to follow?

I would have like to have seen cover for Austin cos I think, as he gets better known, he will become a target man for the hammer throwing centre halves in league 2 (not our Page by the way, he is cultured). Would like to see Sutherland as that cover but not so sure about him so far. Maybe a run in the team would do him good but that's not gonna happen unless Austin picks up an injury or suspension.

I hear what you are saying becaause Fash foes keep defenders busy... but it would seem one of the strengths of the team is just that... they are a team.

Terracing Now!
Is on fire right now. Let's hope he continues and that we can keep him until the end of the season!

I presume he's signed on until the end of the season? I would though try and get him to sign a modest one year extension to keep him on our books with the proviso that we won't stand in his way should a fair and reasonable offer comes in from a bigger club either in January or next summer. That way we could get a decent transfer fee and it's been a very long time since we made any money that way.

Any time the Board or the Manager want any more of my sound advice, I'm always available.