Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: v's Arbroath

If you don't score goals you will not win games.How many shots did we have on target yesterday and last week at annan.Need more competition for places up front.Did not think Arbroath were that good and we should not be getting beat by them.Poor attacking play by us.

Fat Doug
It's very hard work being an East Fife fan! A bit of optimism by some excellent early performances followed by a big crowd against Motherwell and the very next home game, where there may have been some return customers, we are utterly horrific. Clueless tactics and I worry teams have found us out already. Dire. Aka same old, same old.

This. So much promise after the pre season and Berwick/Motherwell/Queens Park performances and now back to the usual shite we come to expect each fucking season.
Sometimes (often) I hate this fucking club and what it puts supporters through.
Very few good times and utterly fucking depressing.
Shocker yesterday and if it keeps up our chances are gone and so are many of the fans.

That was brutal to watch from both teams , we are like a junior team , so to lose against Arbroath ( bottom team ) are you kidding ? give me a break FFS . are we EVER ? GONNA improve as a team or club ?

Arbroath pushed up and crowded out our midfield, Fash marked out of the match and playing the long ball in the second half were easily dealt with by their tall centre halfs :(

Bobby linn.

Not sure Kevin Smith is best utilised out on the left.

Hugefan of his, think he is our best player by far, but his lack of pace is brutally exposed out there, taking too many touches and slowing down a counter attack.

The 4 2 3 1 system probaly needs tweaking, or Smith moved central (or dare I say dropped)

Arbroath were absolute horse shit, we were worse

God knows what has happened to the team that has performed so well in our previous wins and in the cup games. The performances in the 2 league defeats that I have witnessed have been terrible and it`s hard to grasp, given how well these same players have performed in the past.
Agree that the tactics need changed as I feel we are becoming too predictable and when things go wrong, there doesn`t seem to be an alternative to change and the ball ends up being humped up the park.

Still have faith in Naysmith and still think the players can get us out of this league but there has to be a change in tactics.

Clyde on Saturday should be the perfect game to get back on track!

I see the true explanation for both Arbroath's shock victory and our quite inexplicable loss of form has finally been revealed!!!

Gary Naysmith became this season's first recipient of the League Two Manager of The Month award last week!!!

It was simply the curse taking it's part in the usual course of events as it normally does. Told about it on the 4th, lose on the 5th, presented with it on the 11th, lose on the 12th, it's just the way if it!!!

Disaster averted, normal service to be resumed on Saturday... Carry on!!!

If it comes his way again this season he should just politely decline.