Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Top of the table clash (Must Win!!!)

Saturday's game with Annandale is setting up nicely, lets get behind the side.

* Win and we will be top on goal difference
* lose and we be SIX behind them.
* Draw and things remain the same.

My team for staurday would be:
Goodfellow

Mercer Page Kerr McDonald

O'kane (defensive midfield)

Slattery and Brown (wide midfield)

Murray (attacking midfield)

Fash and Smith

(4-1-2-1-2 diamond midfield formation)

Bench: Connon or McGovern?, Walker, MacGregor, Mullen and Naysmith.

MUST WIN...C'mon Fife!!

Re: Top of the table clash (Must Win!!!)

second place.
Saturday's game with Annandale is setting up nicely, lets get behind the side.

* Win and we will be top on goal difference
* lose and we be SIX behind them.
* Draw and things remain the same.

My team for staurday would be:
Goodfellow

Mercer Page Kerr McDonald

O'kane (defensive midfield)

Slattery and Brown (wide midfield)

Murray (attacking midfield)

Fash and Smith

(4-1-2-1-2 diamond midfield formation)

Bench: Connon or McGovern?, Walker, MacGregor, Mullen and Naysmith.

MUST WIN...C'mon Fife

Really surprised that Kyle Wilkie isn't even considered good enough even for a place on the bench ! Or are we giving Annan a chance by not including him ????

I'll Swap him for Murray i knew i miss someone out, he'll be our secret link in midfield its all about how you stop Weatherson, Osadolor and Omar at the other end do we attack or defend against a team who we have beaten us 3 out the 5 games bit of bogey team whenever we're at the Galabank thats for sure, this has to be the biggest game this season if we want go top its only our downfall we're not there now so hope the boys put things right on saturday.

Looks like we will be without Pat slattery for Saturday and beyond. Reporting in the courier that he has picked up a bad ankle injury. Not sure about Kevin Smith either he seemed to go off injured on Saturday.We could be down to the bare bones dont know where Alan Walker was at Berwick, but he was suspended for cup tie. Hope he can bolster the squad numbers for Saturday.

if Smith is injured this is why we don't have any other forward at the club, its now time to make use of the loan policy leading up to increase games and winter to bring in a forward until january or beyond so we have the option like to see we can increase our squad.

Settle down guys, we're not quite at the must win stage of the season. We could do with either a confidence boosting display of possession fitba or a confidence boosting ugly three points after the last couple of games. Preferably a display of possession fitba coupled with three points.
Let's get right behind the lads from the first whistle.

Is a confidence boosting display of attacking, entertaining football too much to ask?
The players are capable of such a performance.

Take a draw right now as Annan will be hard to beat I say 1-1

Heard we might have smith, kerr, slattery, murray and the still injured campbell out for saturday we might have to go with the lone striker in fash if so were down to bare bones as we think. I also like to see MacGregor get in at right back ahead of naysmith for this one. big chances to go top at home, C'mon East Fife!!