Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Latest

Albion 1 - 0 Fife

Re: Latest

Albion 1 - 0 Fife H/T

Albion 1 - 0 Fife That's all folk's.

Yet a other lose what's happing here

back to league business, probably better if were out of the cup we didnt deserve to win tonight considering our small squad we have been restricted tonight but it would have nice getting through for the club sake. The striking was awful, support for fash was terriable only wilkie, brown and mercer looking to do something in the first half. free kick from doris was superb but even him couldn't hit a barn door for arbroath in his days and referee standard imo Cook has to be the worse referee i have witness following east fife ever even watching ashfield juniors some of the referee's there are excellent but the guy couldn't control the game at its pace and decisions was awful and bizzare even the linesman at our side of the stadium was as clueless as he was. Our keeper looked a bit shaky okay he has had a nice start to the campaign as our number one and penalty shoot out over dumbarton when he became a instant hero but has his form dropped since? is it time to make changes for saturday game, Roll on saturday and i hope ross brown injury doesn't keep him sidelines nice to see campbell and murray back as second half subs though.
Leyden will be in contention on saturday only plus, me and others still keep harpening on for a striker to be brought in another than fash or kev.

Same shite different season. What an excellent chance of a good cup run missed.

5 games without a win, two goals scored and now three in a row without scoring.

Same old shite indeed. Can't see where the next win is coming from.

Blair Public

Just to add to the mediocrity, 3 of those games were against 10 men. That is really unacceptable.

effc
Blair Public

Just to add to the mediocrity, 3 of those games were against 10 men. That is really unacceptable.
I agree with Gary's comments in the paper this morning saying that they completely dominated the game, especially the second half. It was a virtual repeat of Saturdays game against Annan, Stirling scoring early and time wasting the whole second half, booting the ball anywhere with ten men behind the ball. Having said that I could not fault the team for effort but the goals just seem to have dried up, Fash in particular missed three golden chances, as well as Pagey, twice, Ross and Kyle, so they are creating the chances but luck is not on their side at the moment. I am sure when Fash scores again, it will turn around, keep the faith. PS great to see Steve Campbell back and hope Ross's injury is not too bad.

sorry but that was crap yesterday to watch it's getting poor ever game something has to change or get wrose

Absolutely gutted to have lost the last two games but we really do need to get a grip on reality here.
We have played (& I emphasis played, not long punts up the park) both Annan & Stirling off the park in both these games. 35 shots attempts on goal in two games, Christ we were moaning last season cause we were lucky if we had 2 in a game but how can you legislate for the glaring misses in front of goal?
We played fantastic football at times last night in particular but our star striker & centre half couldn't score with open goals in front of them! Not once but at least 5 times! Fash lead the line brilliantly but his finishing has deserted him at the moment, he will bounce back though.
I genuinely believe someone is going to get it from us big time but I just hope it happens soon.
Our squad is down to the bare bones just now with Kev Smith, Murray, Slattery, MacDonald, the gaffer & now Ross Brown all either out injured or playing through injuries.
We are in a much better position than last season in the league but we need to win again soon, hopefully starting at Arbroath on Saturday

Cybercolin20@hotmail.co.uk
sorry but that was crap yesterday to watch it's getting poor ever game something has to change or get wrose

Using "if" almost destroys any argument but if we had taken a few of the chances created last night and won 3-1 it would have been seen as a comfortable away win in a tough SC tie. We lost last night because we didn't take our chances not because we were crap.
Against Annan we didn't lose because we were crap. We played against ten men the correct way,created many chances,but lost because we didn't take thesechances.

That said,questions need to be asked as to why we are in this position. Starting with East Stirlingshire and excepting Berwick we have played quite a lot of games where we have only had one or two attempts on goal during the whole match and it has been glaringly obvious we needed support for Fash,even more so now that he has hit a dry spell.
That problem was not fixed so inevitably we had a situation last night where we were behind and needed to beef up our attack but our only forward was on the field.
The solution was to bring on a defender who hasn't played in months and move a central defender up to support Fash. Campbell was fine in defence but nothing changed in terms of our goal scoring ability.

There may be many reasons why we have failed to fix the problem but over the season and last night in particular it has cost us dear.

Good to read a measured assessment of the current state of affairs at my old club. Fancy the manager's job?